Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pavelec

Dobber Sports Star

Are you kidding? Betty was so low maintenance! She'd *ahem* take care of you *ahem* and bring you fresh cookies, while Veronica would harp on you for not taking her to a nicer restaurant! Besides, Betty always played 2nd fiddle and everybody knows those girls try harder where it matters...

Lehtonen's past two contracts have been 1 year deals - that means that he wants to have a big season then cash in, and Atlanta isn't yet sold on him being their guy. I think this'll be the last indecisive season that way - we'll know either way by the time next year's playoffs roll around.

Great call on Noronen, Scribe.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    Are you kidding? Betty was so low maintenance! She'd *ahem* take care of you *ahem* and bring you fresh cookies, while Veronica would harp on you for not taking her to a nicer restaurant! Besides, Betty always played 2nd fiddle and everybody knows those girls try harder where it matters...

Lehtonen's past two contracts have been 1 year deals - that means that he wants to have a big season then cash in, and Atlanta isn't yet sold on him being their guy. I think this'll be the last indecisive season that way - we'll know either way by the time next year's playoffs roll around.

Great call on Noronen, Scribe.
    Oh yeah! Betty -- all the way. My wife reminds me of Betty. Need I say more?

I agree about the decision time -- although Pavelec and his agent might force Waddell to get off the pot sooner.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    Oh yeah! Betty -- all the way. My wife reminds me of Betty. Need I say more?
    I agree about the decision time -- although Pavelec and his agent might force Waddell to get off the pot sooner.
    Lucky you
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Ace

Earlier post got me thinking: What exactly did Buffalo get for Noronen?

At trade deadline in 2006, they shipped him to Vancouver for a second-rounder (46th overall) in 2006 draft. Buffalo used that pick to take Swedish goalie prospect Jhonas Enroth.

That worked out alright for Buffalo as Enroth has turned into a decent goalie prospect. Every bit as good as Noronen was, I think.

But if Atlanta traded Pavelec for a second-rounder now, people would think Atlanta got hosed -- even though a second-rounder is what they used to take Pavelec.

Playing the zero sum game, though, isn't what Atlanta should be doing. They need to cash in that chip when its value is high. Hot start in AHL for Pavelec = trade.
    Last edited by Scribe; September 9, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe