Thread: Changes in your top 50 goalie prospects?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Changes in your top 50 goalie prospects?

Hey Justin,

Is there any changes in your top 50 goalie prospects now that we know the teams for whom the 09 goalie prospects will play?

Thanks in advances!

The King of Diatribes

Yes, there are certainly some changes I would make.

First of all, now that Koskinen is on the Isles and they didn\'t offer Mannino a qualifying offer, you can push Mannino down in the rankings. In all honesty, he was probably a few slots too high to begin with.

I think looking at where I have placed prospects originally, then compensating for the team they are on or have been drafted to can be done without me having to go through the entire list.

I\'ve already been asked to update this a few times a year, so I will do this for the start of the 2009-10 regular season, as I\'m sure some of the prospects on the list will be moved.

Dobber Sports Giant

Oh sure, I totally understand that you\'ll have to take a new look at all of them.

Maybe I was more looking at your first impressions! So if Mannino goes down, does Koskinen goes up?

Thanks again!

The King of Diatribes

I would say that until we know for sure that Koskinen is coming over to play for Bridgeport, he stays where he is. Hell, it could be two weeks into the AHL season and Koskinen has taken over the starting job there :laugh:

The summer needs to hurry up and end already LOL.

Dobber Sports Giant

HAHA! Yeah, what if he takes over the starting job in AHL and DiPietro fails again. #1 goalie in NYI the year after! Who knows!

Thanks again Justin!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Justin

Does Lehner move up on your list giving where and when he was picked in the draft? I know you said he has a lot to work on before he\'s ready, but, I thought he was put into a great situation in OTT with their not being many prospects in the system for him to contend with.

cheers bud
    1) 12 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 6F, 6D, 2G
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

2) 14 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 4D, 2G, 6bench 3IR
    G,A,+/-,PTS,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

3) 14 Team Dynasty. Salary Cap.
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 2util, 4d, 2g. 4bench, 3IR. 1 LTIR
    G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

The King of Diatribes

Hmmm honestly...I would keep him right where he\'s at.

I have to stress that my prospects list is for keeper-leagues, so we are looking long-term here. It\'s still way too early to move Lehner up, especially now that I see he was selected ninth overall in the CHL Import Draft today. I can\'t remember the team name but I heard it was a team that was pretty bad in the OHL. If I\'m wrong let me know I\'m not positive about that.

Honestly I am surprised Lehner is coming over to play in North America so soon. His father is his biggest asset (besides his size) so there\'s no reason for him to come over so soon...unless his father just works with him all summer long (I know this is happening) and then Lehner works with the team goalie coach during the season?

It might seem crazy to say \"its too soon\" when Koskinen is headed for the AHL, but please keep in mind Koskinen\'s age and the fact Garth Snow just wants a big Finnish goalie playing in his system. Ottawa shouldn\'t have the same desperation.

You bring up a very good point about Ottawa and their depth concerns. But it seems very risky that he is already getting ready to play on a pretty bad OHL team. He might have been chosen after Koskinen, but he\'s way below the level in my opinion as well.

I think I heard of a few other goalies that were just drafted to the NHL get drafted to other CHL teams ... I\'ll have to look that up!

And for the record, I hope Koskinen does really well and gets a chance to play in the NHL next season. Maybe my \"Vantaa Vulture\" nickname will stick haha. I totally made that up out of nowhere ;P :woohoo:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Ahhh...I think being a Ranger fan and hearing the comparisons of Lehner to Lundy, I needed you to be my objectivity here! Thanks bud :laugh:

Id love to hear your thoughts on something though. Situation vs. Talent. How would you view goalies value in keeper leagues when considering both?

What I mean by that is...when it comes to keeper league value, would you rank an elie goalie prospect that is stuck in a bad situation higher/lower than maybe a not as good prospect but with an easier path to being their teams starter?

I know this played a big part in all my leagues this year when I drafted goalies. Guys like: Lee getting picked by PHO and Lehner by OTT I looked at a lot closer bc of their situations. While, someone like Stajcer, I didnt even consider drafting bc you know hes never playing for the rangers while lundy is still there.

You look at someone like Schneider being stuck behind Luongo in vancouver. He\'s elite by many, but you know hes not going to overtake Luo for the starting job. But, someone like Larssen or Bishop/Allen, who may not be on that level, will likely have a shot at starting for their clubs sooner.

So, would you rather an elite prospect sitting behind a Luongo, Lundqvist etc or a 1b prospect in the Colorado, Islanders etc system?

Sorry for the long post, just thought this was an area I would absolutely love to hear your opinion on!
    Thanks again
    cheers
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 6F, 6D, 2G
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Looks like my question is pretty much exactly what your mondays article will be about! I love it!

Look forward to reading it.
    cheers
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 6F, 6D, 2G
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG
    W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

W,SV%,SO,GAA,SVS Made

The King of Diatribes

Yeah....wow....that's crazy. You literally had the exact same type of question posed as Sentium, and somehow I just never really put two and two together!

WELP ... I killed two birds with one stone! Heh.

Or as Ricky would say, "I got two birds stoned at once." AHAHAH. TPB4EVR