Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Justin on the Hockey Buzz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Justin on the Hockey Buzz

Lot\'s of good feedback on this topic. I Don\'t want to beat this to death, however, here are some things to consider:

* in today\'s text & e-mail dominated lifestyles, it\'s way to easy to hammer on somebody on a message board and then sneak into darkness. These cowards will always find something that offends then to all end and start crap like this.

* Be a man! You have something to say - back it up. Don\'t cower under the bed in hiding. Making a bold statement is one thing - but you better back it up with the facts or an educational opinion. Nothing burns me up more that seeing drivel spit out with nothing to support it.

* lastly, as a freelance writer & photographer myself, who relies on a handful of gigs to make an income, how can this guy (original e-mail) be offended because Goldman writes for a few different sites. If Goldman has the skill, knowledge and writing to increase his workload, good for him. It\'s a notch for Dobber to have a tremendous stable of writers.

Cheers all.
    10 team Sal Cap Dynasty league (since '85) - points only, 3 gms./week, 35-man roster + 3 goalies + unsigned prospects. Pos by THN Yrbk

C H Sedin Toews E Staal C Giroux Ribeiro Peverley
    LW D Sedin Kovalchuk Gagne Kulemin Brouwer Latendresse
    RW Gaborik Burrows Hornqvist Voracek Hejduk SKostitsyn
    D Doughty Yandle Kaberle, McBain
    G NJ, ANA, MIN

Prospects: van Riemsdyk, Frolik, Berglund, Tangradi, MP Svensson, BConnolly,OE Larsson, Josefson, M Johansson, Glennie, Shirokov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just ran into this thread and I wanted to add a comment. First off, nothing wrong with posting articles on different sites. As has been said by other posters here, anyone can chose to read or not.

Justin, I hate that this guys ended up making you feel bad about being published elsewhere. I think it's something you should take pride in.

Team Dobber: as the site grows in popularity, you will find more people come here who enjoy criticizing or just vomiting on what you do. I remember a rambling a while ago that talked about commenters being harsh on Proteau at the Hockey News, this was around the time that a particular Dobber article was posted with mistakes and commenters were being harsh. I can only imagine the thick skin your team must have to put up with it and want to continue.

My advice is to take the feedback from people who post constructive criticism and find a way to ignore the attacks. Everyone will make mistakes, pointing them out is easy and chicken shit. Making suggestions to help correct, avoid them and/or improve the website should be encouraged. I think that's what this site is built upon.

For the rest, Dobber, Justin and everyone else here puts too much effort for anyone to shit on.

Keep up the good work!
    10 Team Keeper (keep 15)
    G,A,+/-, Playoffs
    F: Crosby, Malkin, Parise, Giroux, Vanek, JVR, Pavelski, Clowe, Neal, Havlat, Roy, Frolik, Hodgson, Perron, Parse, Bertuzzin, Knuble, Bourque, Read
    D: Green, Boyle, Letang, White, Gragnani, Greene, Michalek
    G: Miller,Howard, Reimer, Emery

Dobber Sports Genius

Cool

Well 1st off , UW I do'nt know why you felt the need to give a response as to your none guilt , as that just makes you look guilty, not accussing just stating a fact.2ndly , Darryl and Justin are pretty much free to do what they want with their "information" and unfortunately there are many who can use that info as well , with or without permission.Pretty hard to catch someone playing unfair in cyber land.3rd I for one use this site as my main source for fantasy hockey info but , I do use others for paticular info that I prefer or am unable to find here ; i do'nt care if it's a reputable site or not as long as it gives me the info I require.This is the only site I use the forum section and I use it less as the site grows.Partly because I lack conffidence in my own advice/knowledge and I just am not very good at using the computer funtionally,typing, editing , etc.When I 1st started pooling I surfed many hockey sites looking for fantasy hockey pool information solely and found very few , those that I did find never seemed to be able to give me the insight I needed to get an edge on my other poolies.Then one day i stumbled across this site and voila!, instant success!In many ways I miss the original site and its' gras roots feel but , I have to admit there is so much more to offer now and so many other valuable opinions from very knowledgable people , especially writers like Justin who have a passion for one paticular posistion in hockey which is argueably the most important posistion for us poolies to fill!So annoymous can go pound salt somehere else if he chooses but , good luck to him trying to find another site that offers as much as this site , as well as the respect and comradity/family atmosphere!Now lets get back to whether my Varlamov is going to kick Theo to the curb,lol!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack