Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best site for fantasy hockey??

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Best site for fantasy hockey??

what do you guys think the best site for fantasy hockey is??

I\'ve only used Yahoo but from looking on here there seems to be a lot of people that use CBS...

Is CBS that much better than Yahoo?? I wouldn\'t be surprised if the answer is yes but just looking for some info on other sites.
    C-Toews, Richards, Brassard
    LW-Sedin, Vanek, Filatov, Versteeg
    RW-Okposo, Setoguchi, Mueller
    D-Burns, Letang, Pronger, Blake, Babchuk, Lashoff
    G-Luongo, Price

20 team keeper, keep whole team.
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, W, GAA, SV, SHO

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Personally, I like ESPN\'s service.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

We switched to ESPN this year and really liked it. The advantages are that on ESPN they have the option of conducting your draft by auction. They also have a deep list of available players if you want to draft prospects. They have live statistics for free, and lots of customization options. The only disadvantage is the waiver system for weekly leagues.

CBS is good because they have weekly statistics, but you need to use their default settings for the pool to be free. Since we have different stat categories, CBS doesn\'t work for us.

There are three main reasons we switched from yahoo. First, the auction draft software. Second, yahoo makes you pay for live statistics. Third, none of our prospects were available, so we needed to pick other players and say that they were the prospect when the prospect was recalled. This was a horrible pain because Turris wasn\'t added to the system until after he\'d played games, and it was after our movement deadline.

Another option is to set your league up in multiple systems and get owners to try them out for a week, then decide which league to delete.

I hope this helps.

Mabus
    9 Team Points Only Keeper (Protect 10). Roster of 9F, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 6 Bench
    F - Malkin, Kane, Gaborik, Kopitar, Perry, Hossa, Zetterberg, M. Koivu, Hemsky, Cammalleri, Filppula, Ennis, Fleischmann,
    D - Phaneuf, Goligoski, Byfuglien, Robidas, Shattenkirk, Hedman
    G - Miller, Halak, Pavelec

Dobber Sports Star

Keep an eye out for www.fantrax.com - they\'ve got decent stuff in place as it is now, and they\'re VERY responsive to requests for new features. I\'m hopeful that I\'ll be able to swing a keeper that\'s been on Yahoo for a couple years over to Fantrax in the fall.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Does anyone know if there are any news about HockeyKnight?
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I have noticed in baseball at least that ESPN has a TON more prospects than Yahoo! I did a football league on ESPN a few years ago and didn\'t like the format compared to Yahoo but I do like the fact that they have a lot more prospects involved in other sports.
    G-Luongo, Price

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The only things I\'m really missing from ESPN are (1) dual position eligibility and (2) the possibility to run the final for two weeks instead of one.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

baseball has dual elig for certain players. wonder why ESPN doesn\'t have it for hockey...hmm...
    G-Luongo, Price

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

we have had great success with officepools.com

nocode112

I have never seen the ESPN hockey (I think that\'s newer), but for a private fantasy site I like CBS by far the best over the couple others I have looked at. We have used CBS for about 6 years and it\'s easy to navigate through and the stats fill all the needs of the league

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

CBS is by far the best IMO. I have used yahoo, which I do not like at all, I\'ve used ESPN, they have improved but still needs work. Granted Im sure there are more like officepools, etc but out of the Bigger sites, ESPN, YAHOO and CBS - CBS is by far the best, great navigation, great setup, their commissioner leagues are awesome, you can set up any type of sytem you want any additions / substractions to the settings..great site

I...am your father.

Everyone - this is the reply from Hockey Knight:

Thanks for your interest in HockeyKnight. Obviously, we believe we are developing the best hockey pool management site on the planet and here is an update on our progress.

Last year we started out strong, with a lot of optimism and interest drummed up thanks to the exposure we received through DobberHockey.com. We sponsored a few contests, and got a lot of people excited about our product. In fact have hundreds of people signed up to receive updates on our site. During development, we discovered that additional engineering was required to deliver on our vision – so half way through the season we decided to add to our programming team and delay our launch. We spent all of last year in development and testing, actively building a site that would accommodate our own very deep and fairly complex points pool (the FSJFHL, in existence for over 15 years). We did this for two reasons – we could not find a site that would do what we wanted, and we wanted to make life easier for our commissioner (auto stats, trades tracking, trading draft picks, roster moves, history tracking, etc.). Making life easier for commissioners is one of the fundamental design requirements behind our site, in fact our commissioner is one of the founding members of our company. We also some hard-core poolies and leagues test our site, and contribute to the flexibility in design. Thank you if any of you participated in that testing. Our most recent testing/development involved the playoffs, as the stats came in a slightly different format and we needed to integrate those with current rosters so GM’s didn’t have to re-enter their teams to play in the playoffs and could track regular season and playoff stats from the same dashboard. All went well.

The current functionality includes a mix of customizable roster settings and points tracking, with some basic rules based on the FSJFHL constitution. We will progress further with customization for other specific pool needs once we have a site that people can use, generating some income to help with development.

We appreciate that there are many very good sites out there with many excellent features. We are confident that we will have a product this coming season, but have been working so hard on the functionality that the site has no open door or flow that the general public can access to test drive yet. We are working on that next, followed by the addition of entry draft players to our database in preparation for this year’s entry draft season (I’m a big Vancouver Giants fan and it will be interesting to see where Evander Kane ends up, and how he progresses to meet his potential). We will also have many cool features that our competitors will not be offering, at least until they see them, as I’m sure they will sign-up (after all, we signed up to their sites to learn what they were doing, and not doing).

I encourage you to sign up to HockeyKnight.com if you haven’t done so already and stay posted on our progress.

Thanks again for your interest, and keep your stick on the ice!

John L. Turner

President

SportsKnight Fantasy GM Inc.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

I can\'t win - \"starting a pool\" is the most popular thread section of the last 10 minutes :lol:. So I\'m moving this here so people can read what my good friends at Hockey Knight have to say

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Sounds like a pretty blazing site...

I agree with other posters that CBS is the best site as of now, but will look out to see what hockey knight comes up with.

Cheers.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Officepools is the only site I`ve ever found that does everything we need.

18 main roster, including custom positions
    - 9 forwards (2G, 2A, 1+/-, 1GWG)
    - 5 defence (3g, 3a, 1+/-, 1GWG)
    - 2 goalies (5G, 2A, 1win, 4SO, .5OTL, 2GP, .05save, -0.4GA)
    - 1 enforcer (0.75PIM, 0.5G, 0.5A)
    - 1 rookie spot (can be any of the above positions, same formula)

reserve (each team can have between 5 to 7 reserve players)

salary cap (for entire team)

daily free agent pickups and roster moves, etc ...