Thread: Am I a thief?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Am I a thief?

blackaces wrote:
    By the way- you should place a warning on the home page-

\"Beware, you may become addicted to this site!\"

I know I have.
    Agreed I cant stay away!
    I didnt buy the guide this year but will be next year and picked up the baseball guide for this season on DobberBaseball. I see no problem with charging for this, its a service and a damn good one too. keep up the good work Dobber!
    The NDHL 16 team dynasty league
    3C,6W,1F,4D,1G;G,A,PIM,+/-,STP,SOG,Hits,FOW,W,SO,GA,S
    C - Seguin, Turris, Dubinsky, Hertl, T.Johnson
    W - P.Kane, Killorn, R.Smith, Yakupov, Huberdeau, Eberle, Connolly, Jurco
    D - Barrie, Martin, Bogosian, Ellis, Hamonic, Spurgeon
    G - Holtby, Khudobin, Neuvirth
    Farm - Duclair, Mantha, Zucker, Reinhart, Armia, Ehlers, Fiala, K.Kapanen, Rychel, C.Murphy, Oleksiak, M.Jones

Dobber Sports Master

Default Am I a thief?

jlucas09 wrote:
    With how close the NHL is now for playoffs, It is almost impossible to not have different opinions on who will make it further. Which I\'m sure you\'d have to defend if lets say you predicted Detroit to go all the way and they lose first round. Then you have 200 angry people who followed your playoff prediction like the bible.

I think this is another one of those guys who post on the forum asking what prospects upsides are because he is too cheap to buy the dobber guide.

Like you said you take donations for keeping this site going and give away your guides basically.

Honestly with how much the forums help I would pay what i pay for the yearly guides just for the forum.

The only suggestion I would like to make, I\'d love to see an update to the prospect guide mid-way through the season, I would pay more for the yearly guide for it.

With half a season prospects can shoot up or plummet in the eyes of fantasy GMs and i\'d love to see if there upsides change at all.

Keep up the great work dobber, don\'t let these people make you doubt the great service you give us.
    Great post. I would also like to see an update on the prospects, just before the WJC would be the best plus one more at the trade deadline.. I personally don\'t use the playoff draft list (all luck in my books) and would rather see a prospects update twice a year.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Am I a thief?

Forget about this guy. It\'s impossible to please everyone (U.S. President does not please to 1 person out of 2 and still gets elected...!!). Your goal, Dobber, is to please the majority of your addicted \"fans\" not one in particular. You give your opinion and you provide information for us to make a decision. This guy is asking you to make his calls....and is frustrated because you don\'t...Keep your good work!! Happy Birthday by the way!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Am I a thief?

Thank you for what you, the other admins and other members do on this site. It is fascinating and fun to read, and has only helped me understand the fantasy game better.

Happy Birthday Dobber!

I appreciate it
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Dynasty (19 main/20 farm)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 5D, 2G, 4B, 5 IR

C: Crosby, Duchene, Galchenyuk, Stamkos
    LW: Gusev, Huberdeau, Teravainen, M. Tkachuk
    RW: Kucherov, Rantanen, Tarasenko
    D: Carlson, Ekblad, Gudas, Hedman, Werenski, Yandle
    G: Holtby, Murray

Farm: Barre-Boulet, Bjork, Borgstrom, Chmelevski, Dahlen, Poehling, Studnicka, Tomasino, Vilardi, Zegras, Afanasyev, Dorofeyev, Puljujarvi, J. Robertson, Noel, Wahlstrom, Hollowell, Pilut, York, Demko, Husso, Rodrigue, Sandstrom, Soderstrom, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Am I a thief?

There are people in the world who live to be difficult (especially over the internet, where they can hide). I\'d equate more hate mail with more success, as it means more people (unfortunately more of these clowns) reading your stuff.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Am I a thief?

you say you are going to hide his name and info in the first post of his thread, and then you let everyone know his name is Johnnie. good one haha

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Am I a thief?

FYI

Found this site in Oct 2008, just after our inaugural keeper draft, and after spending $16.00 on draft magazines, but that didn\'t stop me from purchasing the mid-season guide.

I visit this site at least 10x daily (no joke) and feel that from here on out, $30.00/yr is the least we can do to support your work. I wish I found it before our inaugural draft.

I want to thank you Dobber for maintaining the best fantasy hockey community site, along with all the active posters!

Dobber Sports Master

Default Am I a thief?

LOL 10X..... wonder what ppl think when use to post 100+ times a day.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Am I a thief?

100 posts/day.. that\'s impressive!

I wouldn't even have answered him... If he doesn't see any value in it then who's forcing him to buy it. Personally I don't have time to watch every game and every stat and playing time, shots etc.. etc... I expect you to do that for me and you do a darn good job at it... I pay my $9 which is a joke cause I'm sure you can charge allot more and people will still buy it (don't get any ideas though, I like it at $9)... at the end of the season guess what? I won!! it's still early but I'm leading by a nice margin... before Dobber I never did better than 7th place of 10.

Dobber Sports Initiate

use the drop-down menu at your e-mail server and block the mini-mind sending you that crap. if he persists, turn him in. he might be dangerous. seriously. no reason at all to risk the possibility.

my life is way too busy to waste time dealing with trolls, and i suspect yours is way busier than mine ( my kids are grown, for instance ).

as for the value of your site and your product, we, your readers, or, your market, in other words, consistently give you a very clear picture how valuable we think your product is. we vote daily with our wallets. and our traffic to this site. every dollar we spend here, is spent voluntarily.

thief? not be any universally agreed upon definition of the word.

spitball

Dobber Sports Genius

Everyone is entitled to their opininon.That said , some opinions are just people blowing hotair.It does'nt matter what "he" thinks.What matters is that the people here feel you are doing us a favour and are providing a service that we obviously are quite willing to pay for if we choose.There is much provided here for free.This is no different than other sites providing similar info.Most of those sites also charge for more in-depth analysis , so I see no problem with what you're doing Darryl.the problem is today peolple think they can buy everything , especially advice , and they expect that advice to be as accurate as possible.You do an admirable job researching and evaluating hockey so you can provide that info to us , your readers , some is free some is at a cost , at our choice but , it's not possible for you to know that after doing your homework and determining that Andre Markov will lead the Canadians in pts. this year that he's going to down in their 1st game with an injury that will keep him out for the season.After doing all your research and reading other reports how are you to know that a player like Gilbert Brule will stumble and bumble for years , underachieving despite all the hype and rave he got when he was drafted.Do I blame you for my choice of Colby Armstrong 1st overall in my keeper pool a few years back after being on this site and getting the impression that he was the next stud player to emerge on the scene?Of course not , it was MY decission , based on research by ME.It's hard not to take the negative comments to heart but , you've got to look at the big picture , do you think everyone likes Tim Hortons coffee , nope there are those who think it sucks but , again I'd say there are many more who swear by it.All I ask is that you do'nt lose site of what you wanted to do here , bigger is'nt always better but , growth is essential.We all have to accept that the info here is just that info , we need to make our own decissions with our teams.Some want their teams picked for them , others like myself want to build our teams ourselves , with the help of others advice of course.POOL ON!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

LMAO .... thief?

Dobberhockey - $30- A year of entertainment that changes daily.

5-6 Poolie Guides and magazine subscriptions-$150+ (and I read them a few times then they bounce around in my truck or sit on the rack in the washroom)

Which do I get way more value out of?????

If you want to talk about thieves we should start a topic about NHL center ice packages!! Nothing more frustrating then 25% of your favorite teams home games being pay-per view even though the games have been sold out since the lockout.

EDIT: Yes you are a thief!! This page manages to steal 1-2hrs of my time EVERY DAY!!!!
    Last edited by Johner; October 10, 2009 at 11:08 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

more to the continuing conundrum of monetizing the inernet...

how much was paid for youtube, facebook, etc? and how much is being made off them?
    (A: lots, and not lots.)
    why? because of he expectations of digital property being free .. banner ads are squat vs the value of that property, relative to traffic volume. People will think nothing of stealing music or software that they'd never consider stuffing into their jackets in the physical store..
    you at least are offering an actual service and product. It blows my mind what people expect for free becasue it's on their computer...

youtube may have millions of streams a day -- but if you had to pay for every time you forward a video of a cat pooping on a toilet, how often would you do it?
    CBS Sportsline H2H 14 team keeper league (keep 14)
    (G, A, Shots, Blocked Shots, PPPs, +/- (no PIMs in our league), W, Sv%, GAA)

C: Pettersson, Aho, Hischier, O’Reilly, Coyle, Novak
    W: Marner, Debrincat, Barzal,
    Kempe, Mittlestadt, Terevainen, P.Kane, Kakko
    D: Pietrangelo, Doughty, Werenski, Dunn, Provorov, York, McNabb
    G: Skinner, Vanacek, UPL

2010-11 & 2018-19 Champs

Dobber Sports Ninja

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tripel View Post
    youtube may have millions of streams a day -- but if you had to pay for every time you forward a video of a cat pooping on a toilet, how often would you do it?
    That depends if the cat was pooping ON the toilet or IN the toilet and maybe if he flushed.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket