Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Am I a thief?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If your information wasn't worth anything people wouldn't become so upset. I don't care how much they charge for the Sex In The City seasons because I hate the effin show. If I was to complain about the cost it just shows that I want the product but am just too cheap or unable to pay for it.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber.

No you are not a thief, you guide supports this site. It is why I buy the package every year.
    The one thing I would really like to recommend though is that you attempt to interact a little differently with your forum members. I know in my first year of Fantasy hockey I was frustrated. When I asked for precise opinions on moves or deals I often received some bad advice from the newer members.

I would recommend trying to answer at least 5 peoples' questions to you every day.

"Dobber help! Green vs Datsyuk and Kieth" type questions that frequently pop up. You could win a lot of loyalty with those pieces of advice.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    Dobber.

No you are not a thief, you guide supports this site. It is why I buy the package every year.
    The one thing I would really like to recommend though is that you attempt to interact a little differently with your forum members. I know in my first year of Fantasy hockey I was frustrated. When I asked for precise opinions on moves or deals I often received some bad advice from the newer members.

I would recommend trying to answer at least 5 peoples' questions to you every day.

"Dobber help! Green vs Datsyuk and Kieth" type questions that frequently pop up. You could win a lot of loyalty with those pieces of advice.
    That's very time consuming. Maybe Dobber can put together a panel of people. Or even a number of panels. Each panel would specialize in an area and would be able to answer questions pertaining to that area.
    My pool
    Goals = 1 point, Assists = 1/2 point, Goals Against = -1/2 point

Fowards: S. Stamkos, J. Neal, M. Moulson, M. Read, N. Foligno, B. Wheeler, L. Stempniak, J. Pavelski, B. Flynn, S. Bernier

D-men: S. Weber, PK Subban, D. Phaneuf, J. Carlson, TJ Brodie, B. Smith, M. Irwin, B. Dillon, K. Cumiskey,

Goalies: Nashville, Chicago, St. Louis

Farm: T. Rattie, R. Johansen, A. Killorn, J. Zucker, J. Akeson, M. Sgarbossa, A. Yogan, M. St. Croix, M. Friberg, E. Gelinas, A. Ness, J. Muzzin, MA Bourdon, S. Harrington, R. Smith, C. Emmerton, M. Mayorov, I. Makarov, P. Maroon

I...am your father.

I probably average 10 a week, but when there 500 posts in a day, what I say gets buried in five minutes.
    Though these days, the guide has me so busy that I barely do 3-4 a week right now. But do a search of my posts, you'll see that answer someon and then a minute later someone else answers it so you don't see what I said.
    I'll try harder though
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    I'll try harder though
    You try more than enough, D.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In response to kickerz comment about getting bad advice, is it possible to compile a list of the more knowledgeable members here and have it posted somewhere? Ive got my own list of 10-15 guys whose opinions I generally trust, but that came from perusing these boards for a couple years. It might help some of the newer members out

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rainydrinkwater View Post
    You try more than enough, D.

I agree, I know in the short time I've been a member I really value & appreciate when the Administrators chime in on a question. You've probably heard this many times before but as far as I'm concerned, this site (in particular the forums) is the Gold Standard for Fantasy Hockey. I wish I had discovered it earlier, but I made the stupid assumption it cost money just to enroll. BTW,I'm gonna buy your guide and know it will be worth every penny.
    There are 2 seasons, Hockey & Waiting for Hockey

Dynasty, 7 Teams, Pts Only
    35 Skaters+3 Goalies
    Start:1G,6D,12F
    G: 2pt win, 2pt SO, 1pt OTL
    5 changes/month
    Playoffs run with 1 lineup

G: Price,Fleury,Rinne
    D: Green,Phaneuf,Doughty,J.Johnson,Markov,Edler,
    Ehrhoff,Carlson,Pitkanen,McBain,OEL
    F:Malkin,D.Sedin,Kopitar,Perry,Datsyuk,Spezza,
    Cammaleri,Carter,Iginla,Savard,Selanne,Plekanec,
    Voracek,Hemsky,Burrows,C.Giroux,Backlund,Filatov,
    Couture,Paajarvi,Grabner,Connolly

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It's not (and shouldn't be) dobbers job to answer all these individual questions. I mean I'd love if every question I had was answered by him but at the same time there's thousands of extremely helpful forum members that are willing to answer questions. If you get an answer from someone you don't trust or only has like 50 posts, bump your thread and get another opinion. I don't see the idea of getting poor advice from newer members as a problem. I mean you asked for an opinion and you're getting one. If you're not confident in that opinion, ask for more. Not everyone can be right all the time, hell I've had advice from mods here that came back to burn me a couple times. But everyone involved with the site is here to help and give advice, it's not as if people join the site just to give misleading advice.

What dobber has done here is amazing. I love the forums and I love the guide, even if I don't use it all that often.

Thanks Dobber.

Just got to this, sorry, and I didn't read all posts but if I had to guess I'd say all are probably pretty similar to my pov.

I have a mantra - actually many, but one in particular I've been saying a lot lately - "No good deed goes unpunished".

Don't let shit emails like that get to ya Dobbs. You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time. But you'll never please all of the people all of the time.

Is everything you do perfect? No. But you put forth the effort, and you have the passion to care enough to put out a tremendous product. Don't take my word for it either. Your proof is in site traffic, forum posts, membership and sales of guides.

Chill, man. It's alllllll good.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thumbs up Dobber !!

A lot of ass kissing going on here. I have been a member for several years now. In my opinion Dobber is a thieve !! He has stolen a lot of traffic from other hockey sites. I for one use this site as my main source for hockey information. No need to search for other hockey sites. I basically use TSN and Dobberhockey.

Keep up the great work Dobber.

P.S. Where do you find the time to make babies !! Congratulations !!

Dobber Sports Expert

Wow, am I late to this party!

For what it's worth, I respect the work Dobber has done and is doing. I think that just about everybody here does.

I don't think Dobber has to justify or explain himself to anybody. Just ignore the morons. Life is too short.

Happy Holidays!
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Initiate

Dobber, you would probably still get emails like that even if you only charged $4.99

You can't please all the people all the time but I'm pretty sure that the number of people you do please far outweighs those you don't.

When I first joined the site I bought your draft list, mainly because I didn't realise that if I paid a couple extra bucks I could have gotten it for free if I had pruchased the guide.

In 2009 I purchased the guide and I am glad I did, I love the fact that it's updated throughout the beginning of the season. Hockey magazines off the shelves are like computers, the minute you buy it it's outdated

This season I purchased the Ultimate Package and will continue to do so next season and beyond.

As for your question about you being a thief .... yes you are a thief .... you have been stealing MY TIME for the better part of 2 years

Cheers for the great work, your committment, dedication and passion for everything fantasy hockey!

Dave
    Keeper-G/A/PPG/SHG/GWG/W/SO
    C-Steen-Pavelski-Stepan-Bergeron-Malkin
    L-Ovechkin-Johansson-Ladd-Eriksson
    R-Perry-Backes-Wheeler-Hornqvist-Nash
    D-Burns-Byfuglien-Letang-Shattenkirk-Vatanen
    G-Andersen-Luongo
    Farm-Condon-Horvat-Namestnikov-Walman-Murray(G)

Think you can write fiction? Enter this quarterly competition.
    http://www.flash500.com

I...am your father.

LOL thank you sixhands!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi