Thread: Comish Dynasty League Discussion for 2009-10

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Comish Dynasty League Discussion for 2009-10

Take it to em Joos!

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Hey everyone,

A couple of owner changes. Noriculous and Flex Raid will not be back next season. We now have two new owners in place.

Noriculous\' team will be taken over by joos (team name TBC)

Flex Raid\'s team will be taken over by DAW (team name TBC)

I have their contact info already entered in my spreadsheet under Contacts.

I don\'t have confirmation from 20 of you whether or not you\'ll be back next season! I\'ll be sending another email out to those of you who haven\'t replied yet.
    Welcome aboard guys!!! You\'ll see that this league if the most fun, but also the most hard one you\'ve ever been in!

GL!

Dobber Sports Ace

hard cap / soft cap...

like the soft cap made some trade because have some space with the soft caps... but will agree with most of all probably more easy with a hard cap

for next year count me in
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ace

The Comish wrote:
    Hey everyone,

A couple of owner changes. Noriculous and Flex Raid will not be back next season. We now have two new owners in place.

Noriculous\' team will be taken over by joos (team name TBC)

Flex Raid\'s team will be taken over by DAW (team name TBC)

I have their contact info already entered in my spreadsheet under Contacts.

I don\'t have confirmation from 20 of you whether or not you\'ll be back next season! I\'ll be sending another email out to those of you who haven\'t replied yet.
    Good to have you guys aboard, welcome to the league and good luck for the coming seasons.

Comish, you can definitely count me in for next year.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Genius

thanks guys! I am very glad to be in this league and it looks to be very very competitive.

Just an FYI... I love trading so many of you will be hearing from me and also, there will be some serious overhauling on my team... aka send me your offers lol
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Master

Sorry to hear Noriculous and Flex Raid go. Welcome Joos and DAW.

Joos as soon as the playoffs end we will be having trade talks.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Glad to be aboard also guys. Looks like my team will be needing some major turn over also. Look forward to trade talks with you guys when the roster freeze lifts.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Just noticed the drafting rule. The best two playoff teams get the best two picks and the two new teams taking over the last place teams get the 3rd and 4th pick. I feel like I\'m Stu Jackson of the Vancouver Grizzly\'s. This will be a much harder road from 29th to 1st.

Dobber Sports Genius

DAW wrote:
    Just noticed the drafting rule. The best two playoff teams get the best two picks and the two new teams taking over the last place teams get the 3rd and 4th pick. I feel like I\'m Stu Jackson of the Vancouver Grizzly\'s. This will be a much harder road from 29th to 1st.
    i saw that too... i am wondering why this is. usually its the worst teams that get the top picks.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Ninja

joos wrote:
    ... i am wondering why this is. usually its the worst teams that get the top picks.
    It is my belief that fantasy teams should NOT be rewarded for fielding a crap team or for being inattentive (which can happen when you are in 5+ hockey pools).

How do you solve the age old problem of teams tanking for the top pick? Force them to think differently.

The bulk of the teams in Tier 3 will generally draft before the bulk of the teams in Tier 2 and subsequently Tier 1. The higher you finish, the higher you draft, this way the incentive is to win, not lose.

Does this hurt the truly bad teams? Probably. Do I care? Not really. Fantasy teams are different than NHL teams in that there is inherent pressure to win games to keep their fan base happy. This doesn\'t matter in fantasy hockey. The worse you do, generally the higher you draft. Poppycock!

Those are my reasons why the draft is like that. This is the first time I\'ve ever been in a pool like this and we\'ll see if and how much the draft will affect the lower teams.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

The Comish wrote:
    joos wrote:
    ... i am wondering why this is. usually its the worst teams that get the top picks.
    It is my belief that fantasy teams should NOT be rewarded for fielding a crap team or for being inattentive (which can happen when you are in 5+ hockey pools).

How do you solve the age old problem of teams tanking for the top pick? Force them to think differently.

The bulk of the teams in Tier 3 will generally draft before the bulk of the teams in Tier 2 and subsequently Tier 1. The higher you finish, the higher you draft, this way the incentive is to win, not lose.

Does this hurt the truly bad teams? Probably. Do I care? Not really. Fantasy teams are different than NHL teams in that there is inherent pressure to win games to keep their fan base happy. This doesn\'t matter in fantasy hockey. The worse you do, generally the higher you draft. BULLSHIT!!

Those are my reasons why the draft is like that. This is the first time I\'ve ever been in a pool like this and we\'ll see if and how much the draft will affect the lower teams.
    Well said.....

and fixed......... :silly:
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I understand what your saying.. But is it not have the bottom two teams being kicked out enough incentive?

Its your league and I will live with the rules.. I was just saying I felt like I was Stu Jackson.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I should not have said live.. lol.. I mean win with your rules.. lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

DAW,

You will be drafting 8th overall next year if my math is correct. We are doing it a little different following our first season:

1st – Playoff Winner
    2nd – Playoff Finalist
    3rd – 30th Place Team
    4th – 29th Place Team
    5th – Regular Season Winner
    6th-30th – Worst to Best

Following next year, we will be using the tiers as part of the draft order. Meaning that the playoff winner and runner up draft first and second, then the two new guys, then the winners of each tier (C-B-A), then the rest of C tier, best to worst, B tier, best to worst and finally A tier, best to worst.

So the worst draft position next year is 10th in tier A. Good thing I plan on winning tier B!!

I don\'t expect the draft to hold very many players that will help immediately. I could be wrong though, this is our first year and we haven\'t been though cycle yet.

How did it work out for Stu Jackson?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

DAW wrote:
    I should not have said live.. lol.. I mean win with your rules.. lol
    Sweet. I love confidence in poolies!:lol: