Thread: Which goalie to start tomorrow?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Which goalie to start tomorrow?

Lundqvist, Quick or Garon? I might be reading too much into this and should just trot out my top two goaltenders, but Garon\'s match-up is MUCH better than my two starter\'s. Garon is @ Toronto, who doesn\'t have a stronger record at home, while Pittsburgh actually has a better record on the road this season. Plus Pittsburgh\'s a better team. While Lundqvist (@ Bos) and Quick (@ Mon) are playing much better teams who have significantly better records at home. The only issue for Garon is that Pittsburgh will be playing in their second road back-to-back game (@ NJ the previous night), is that enough to ignore the records of the teams involved and start my two better overall goalies? Let me know what you\'d do, thanks.
    16 teams, dynasty league, roto scoring: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FOW, HIT, BLK; GS, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

C - C.McDavid, V.Trocheck, B.Jenner
    LW - J.Robertson, B.Marchand
    RW - M.Zuccarello, T.Seguin
    W - B.Schenn
    D - J.Morrissey, K.Letang, R.Andersson, S.Jones
    UT - P.Danault
    Bn - D.Krejci, S.Jarvis, A.Newhook, A.Kaliyev, J.Berggren
    NA - H.Lapierre
    G - C.Hellebuyck, J.Markstrom
    Bn - E.Merzlikins
    Inj - T.Teravainen, R.Gudas, T.Demko, R.Lehner, C.Driedger

Dobber Sports Giant

Your thinking is pretty good for sure and Garon really seems a good matchup. However, it\'s really hard for me to think that I would leave Lundy on the bench. Lundy is a stud and can win game on his own.

Quick is not a bad choice either since the Habs are not playing great hockey at the moment. However, at home, after losing 4 games in a row, they might take this very welcomed opportunity to get a big win.

This being said, I think I would play Garon and Lundy.

HockeybuzzHogwash.com

It tough not to start Lundqvist, as stated above he wins games on his own and he will be looking to bounce back from last game vs PITS.

Also....post all star break is when Lundqvist has always stepped it up big time.