Thread: Hiller or Giguere tonight... Any ideas?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Hiller or Giguere tonight... Any ideas?

As per usual, after sifting through my resources with a fine-toothed comb I can find nothing pertaining to who will start tonight\'s game for Anaheim. This puts me in a bad spot (again) fantasy-wise. In one of my leagues I have Nabokov @COL and Osgood @CBJ starting for sure, with the option for Hiller @PHX. I can only start 2 of the 3 and would much rather go with Hiller if only I knew he was starting.

I think this game will say a lot about Carlyle\'s faith in Giguere. If he goes with Hiller tonight, it could be a safe bet that he is now the #1. If he goes back to Giguere after pulling him last game @NYI pre-All-Star break, well... I guess he\'s still the #1. I have to wonder though, how much longer will Carlyle tolerate Giguere\'s mediocrity? Once the Ducks end up on the outside looking in he may HAVE to run with Hiller, given that Hiller is the only one providing them with anything resembling goaltending this season.

Any thoughts or insider\'s edge on tonight\'s starter, or on the Ducks\' goaltending situation in general?

Now that I think of it, Giguere\'s done a lot of traveling this past weekend and might need a rest. NYR are resting Lundqvist for today\'s game, so Hiller might get the start afterall. So much for my ideas!

12-Team H2H Dynasty League
    Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G
    Stats: G, A, P, PPP, SHP, PIM, +/-, SOG, GWG, FW, W, L, GAA, SV%, SHO

C: Kopitar, Bergeron, Berglund, Anisimov, Ennis
    LW: Kovalchuk, Kariya, Neal, Benn, Lucic, E. Kane
    RW: Briere, Boyes, Hejduk, Giroux, Bergfors
    D: Markov, Pronger, Kaberle, Whitney, Karlsson, Carlson
    G: Lundqvist, S. Mason, Ellis

Farm (up to 40 NHL GP)
    Boychuk, Eller, Schroeder, Morin, Tedenby, Josefson, Burmistrov, Skinner

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Hiller or Giguere tonight... Any ideas?

Hiller is pegged to start by Goalie Post as of now, but the Ducks goaltender of the day is the hardest to predict in the league, so take it for what it\'s worth - an educated guess with no confirmation.