Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Player Salaries!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Dynasty League Player Salaries!

Thanks for the update Chinny.

I thought about it yesterday and I think that probably the last two updates you\'ll be providing us with will be the most significant one.

There\'s no way Cody McLeod will cost $42 at the end of the year. Sure he has 3 G so far, but it give him a ratio of 3/15 while it will probably be 3/45-50 at the end of the year...

Anyway, like I said yesterday, it definitely help to see a trend!

Thanks again Chinny!

Dobber Sports Stud

Yes you will see a big change in salaries has guys get more games in and level out to where they should be, this is more of a what if it stays this way and it allows you to somewhat plan ahead, possibly start the process of decided who would be gone if they stay at that salary or who you shoudl look to move, but mostly this is just for fun!

Dobber Sports Pro

Chinny wrote:
    the salaries are calculated the same way the will be at the end of the year

number of games are NOT taken into effect, all stats are converted into a % of the top stat in that catergory, so someone who has been hurt who doesn\'t have the gmaes played and therefore the stats will get a lower salary, Brodeur is a great example of this, becuase he isn\'t putting up the numbers so far this year his salary as of know is dropping due to his injury.

Players coming off a year with injuries will also be a bit lower salary because they won\'t put up the same numbers as others, Comish had decided at the beginning of last year to make it strickly performance based and you can\'t perform if you are on IR so you don\'t get paid!
    Boy, Tim Connolly must be a great bargain.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chinny wrote:
    the current % are 60% for most recent or current year, 30% and 10% for the previous 2 years
    This is what I\'m considering. Is 60% too much to weight the most recent season? What about 50%, 35% and 15%. There is some symmetry there and lessens the hit against one season wonders.

Comments?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

The Comish wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    the current % are 60% for most recent or current year, 30% and 10% for the previous 2 years
    This is what I\'m considering. Is 60% too much to weight the most recent season? What about 50%, 35% and 15%. There is some symmetry there and lessens the hit against one season wonders.

Comments?
    i am good either way, it is a very simple change if it is wanted

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I love it!! Thanks Chinny... at some point I would like to look at what each teams salary is currently and how that corelates to their current position in the standings (I suspect it will be very close). I am also curious how many teams are over the $1000 cap like me. I know these are preliminary but I am not thrilled with the prospect of having to shed $200 to get under the cap and I wonder how many other teams are in the same boat... I will share when I am done but if someone else can get this info sooner I would love to see it. Thanks again Chinny!!!
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Chinny wrote:

Comments?
    I don\'t mind using the suggested %. Yeah it gives a bit less importance to the last year, but puts more to the past ones.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Edit: back to the drawing board

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OK, my second crack at this:

Comishs latest roster update combined with Chinny\'s salaries:

Dat Sooks $1,336
    Bearster\'s Boys $1,278
    praba $1,272
    newper114 $1,266
    Ice Chips $1,250
    sd1976 $1,240
    Bleed Blue $1,238
    jl6760Silver7s $1,221
    Noriculous $1,200
    Broad StBullies $1,196
    The Comish $1,189
    Gongshow $1,188
    Anonymous $1,145
    mrvisser $1,141
    Crosby\'s Kids $1,140
    Great Whites $1,133
    Das Chicleteur! $1,105
    ridinryan44 $1,088
    Crazynuck $1,082
    Snipers $1,081
    Nordique $1,077
    LU Timbersports $1,039
    Carolina Nation $1,005
    Grt Wall Chinny $962
    Regiopolis XK $954
    Flex Raid $950
    UW Not so \"Rad\" $924
    Culpy99 $897
    Smack Hockey $861
    DetroitRedWings $635

Dobber Sports Pro

Well that is interesting, Chinny.

23 teams will need to shed salary, while only 7 teams have room under the cap.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Stud

yes that is very interesting, is this taking into account players on IR? I would also want to make sure all players that haven\'t played this year were given $5 and not a carried over salary.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chinny wrote:
    yes that is very interesting, is this taking into account players on IR? I would also want to make sure all players that haven\'t played this year were given $5 and not a carried over salary.
    This does not include IR players, only active lineups according to Russ\' spreadsheet. Anyone not on your list was given a $5 salary.

I am concerned with the list. I thought the intent of the cap was to provide a challenge to a couple of the top teams...not to force almost all teams into tough roster decisions...obviously there is a long way to go before this season is over but if these numbers are similar at season\'s end I would propose we reevaluate our approach.

Dobber Sports Ninja

pensfan wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    This does not include IR players, only active lineups according to Russ\' spreadsheet. Anyone not on your list was given a $5 salary.

I am concerned with the list. I thought the intent of the cap was to provide a challenge to a couple of the top teams...not to force almost all teams into tough roster decisions...obviously there is a long way to go before this season is over but if these numbers are similar at season\'s end I would propose we reevaluate our approach.
    I would tend to agree with you pensfan. I\'m dealing with a similar situation in another salary cap pool. The problem in that one is that expensive stars who are underperforming for their salary are FA. I think that takes away from the pool. All stars should be on someone\'s roster somehow.

For our Dynasty league, I am willing to make changes if they make sense and are fair to everyone. Let\'s see what happens between now and the end of the season and how the salaries flesh out. I appreciate the level of interest in this pool!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Stud

one quick suggestion is me adding in an age factor to the salaries, over a certain age the salaries are factored down a bit, might help out with the issue of old guys with big salaries

Dobber Sports Ninja

I didn\'t want to factor age into the salary. That risk analysis is best done by us owners. The young guys get a break in the salary, but that can be a double-edged sword because they have no track record. Young players can be terribly inconsistent their first few years.