Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Discussion

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Dynasty League Discussion

You guys are really on the ball. Anything you guys come up with is fine with me.

I\'m glad to be a part of a league with so many fantasy hockey nerds....errr, I mean fantasy hockey smart dudes.

Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,

Dobber Sports Pro

pensfan wrote:
    my 2cents:

Since failing to meet the minimum game requirement can not help in Wins and Saves, we don\'t need to do anything to those categories...only GAA is affected.

For that category, just come up with a value to assign to the games that weren\'t played...for example GAA = 60.00.

Case A: Team with 0 GP has 25 games of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 60.00

Case B: Team with 10 GP and GAA of 3.00 has 15 games of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 37.20

Case C: Team with 24 GP and GAA of 3.00 has 1 game of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 5.28

This way the punishment fits the crime...with teams who land further from the minimum GP requirement being punished more than the teams who get close....
    Is it still considered a crime if you fail to meet the minimum games due to injury or limited starts?

For example, Brodeur may be gone for the rest of the season and someone may have been counting on 70+ starts from him and now they get less than 20.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would prefer to apply the penalty and let the rankings fall wherever they may. If you get 24 games and have a GAA of 2.00 then don\'t you deserve to be ahead of someone with 70GP and a GAA of 5.00 (that is close to where my f\'ing sieves are going to wind up)? After all, the second guy will presumably make up the points and then some in the other two categories. The penalty will be there to deter anyone from intentionally trying to \"steal\" GAA points, but give teams a chance that suffer injuries or those who have goalies that lose their jobs etc..
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Master

Seeing as the rule was set in place from the start of the year there should be no discussion. If you don\'t get the 25 starts than you end up with 0\'s across the board in the goalie stats. That was my understanding.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

that was never my understanding...

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

Dobber Sports Stud

pensfan wrote:
    that was discussed on the forum and sent out by email

Dobber Sports Ninja

Crazynuck wrote:
    Seeing as the rule was set in place from the start of the year there should be no discussion. If you don\'t get the 25 starts than you end up with 0\'s across the board in the goalie stats. That was my understanding.
    I re-read my email and I see why you posted this. The intent is not to punish guys across all the goalie categories if they don\'t make their 25 games played, it was so no one could pull a fast one by starting one or a few games and intentionally sitting their goalie(s) in order to gain points without a decent number of games played.

The Wins and Saves categories are cumulative, therefore teams can\'t benefit from sitting goalies intentionally.

Placing a team last in all of the goalie categories would be very punative. Let\'s face it, if they don\'t get 25 games from the goalie position, they certainly won\'t have many Wins or Saves and will be at or near the bottom of those categories anyway!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Super Moderator

I\'m ok with it either way but, honestly, it was my understanding that you need the 25 games from the goalies or you\'d get 0\'s across the board. Otherwise I would have probably not done the trade I did as it was a huge factor.

What can you do? hmy:
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Chinny wrote:
    pensfan wrote:
    that was discussed on the forum and sent out by email
    I took the message to be referring to GAA only...all of Russ\' references to the category (singular vs plural categories). I am in good shape between the pipes so I am not debating this for my own personal benefit, but it doesn\'t make sense to have this rule affect W or Saves where there is no benefit to playing fewer games...seems very logical to me.

I still prefer the penalty approach to the automatic bottom of the category approach...in a 30 team league it is very difficult to replace an injured goalie. A GM that scratches and claws and works the waiver wire to get starts should be rewarded for the effort even if he fails to hit the limit...all Russ was trying to do was to deter people from working a loophole to win a category...

Dobber Sports Master

I\'m ok with what rule gets implemented as long as the majority agrees. Was just clarifying my initial understanding of the email and why i drafted a goalie first.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

How can stats count if they don\'t make the minimum? Normally in yahoo when you don\'t hit a minimum, you can\'t make points.

Now you can implement it the way you want (as this is not Yahoo) but I did initially understand it the same way Crazynuck and Smack did and that is also why I drafted a goalie with my 1st pick.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Any plans to make this a money league? I think I recall Comish saying yes, once we work out the bugs this year, that we would make it interesting. Is that still the plan?

It really seems weird for me to spend so much time on this league at the expense of my other league which has a pretty big payout...it would be nice if there was a little coin on the line here as well...

Dobber Sports Ace

if this league become money you can count me out...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

The Magnificent One

yeah i dont want to add money in either.. way too many teams to have money. im just holding in at tier 1 i dont see myself getting to first any time soon and i am trying to be positive...

2 things:

1) the conversation here about min goalie games what is the final outcome? have we figured something out?

2) i thought we were doing something like if you finish in the bottom 2 of each tier you get dropped to the next tier and if you finish in the bottom of it all you get dropped out? is this still true? what is going on with this and i think this will have a major impact on some trades...
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Newper wrote:

i thought we were doing something like if you finish in the bottom 2 of each tier you get dropped to the next tier and if you finish in the bottom of it all you get dropped out? is this still true? what is going on with this and i think this will have a major impact on some trades...
    At the end of this season, because it\'s the inaugural one, no one gets dropped.

The final postions after this season will determine who starts off in what particular teer for next season.

Next season (season 2) is when it starts counting against teams dropping down to the second or moving up to the first teers.

After next season is done, the bottom two GM\'s in Group C get dropped and two new GM\'s come in.

The two new GM\'s have a reprieve of one season to get their teams out of the basement and will not be dropped after their first season if they finish in the bottom two positions in
    Group C.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...