Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Discussion

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Dynasty League Discussion

I wouldn\'t be worried with Huet and Lalime Rad. I know other GM who should be though...

Dobber Sports Ninja

NordiqueFan wrote:
    what is the rule if someone don\'t reach the 25 game minimum for goaltending... do we act as h2h and drop the 3 categorie or there something else...
    Hey guys, I don\'t remember ever discussing a minimum games played rule. I checked the last set of rules I put out and they clearly state that there are no minimum games played.

We have two cumulative goaltender categories (Wins, Saves) and only one average driven one (GAA). If you tank to gain in GAA, you lose twice as much in Wins and Saves. That should be sufficient.

Any more thoughts?

The Comish

P.S. Still going over the rules with a fine toothed comb. Will try to send soon.:blush:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

i have ask that question during the draft if i play only one game with agreat gaa and bench for the rest of the season many gm report that we should put a minimum game for goalie stat apply will try to find where it was an edit my post today to let know

was lucky the part of the discussion where in the Round 1 Discussion page 28 so comish you can go back and see what you have write
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Giant

Russ, I just resent you the email you sent to us regarding the 25 games played minimum rules.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I recall hearing a minimum as well.

I think it makes sense, as guys should not be allowed to win a category with 1 start in a year
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson

Cap = $1116

Dobber Sports Giant

Here\'s the email Russ sent to us:

Hi guys,

An issue has come up that I feel we need to be very clear on. I am going to include in the rules that there be a minimum 25 games played for the goaltender spot. If you don\'t meet the minimum games, you will be placed at the bottom of that category.

It is not my intention to have someone start no goalie or a single start and then bench your goalie and still win a category. It\'s false to say that you had the best GAA based on no or very few games.

The NHL has a minimum games played to qualify for certain stats to make them LEGITIMATE. I don\'t see any other way to deal with this so that it people can benefit from NOT putting a player in the lineup.

If anyone has any issues, please reply to only me. I would prefer to deal with only one person at a time, instead of everyone at once.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

my 2cents:

Since failing to meet the minimum game requirement can not help in Wins and Saves, we don\'t need to do anything to those categories...only GAA is affected.

For that category, just come up with a value to assign to the games that weren\'t played...for example GAA = 60.00.

Case A: Team with 0 GP has 25 games of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 60.00

Case B: Team with 10 GP and GAA of 3.00 has 15 games of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 37.20

Case C: Team with 24 GP and GAA of 3.00 has 1 game of GAA 60.00 applied to give him a final GAA of 5.28

This way the punishment fits the crime...with teams who land further from the minimum GP requirement being punished more than the teams who get close....
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for digging that up Chic, I really appreciate anything that saves me time! I see why we decided to implement a minimum number of games, with 30 points available, there is much to be gained from making one or two quality starts and then sitting out the rest of your games.

I also like pensfan\'s idea of placing a value on the delinquent games, but think 60 is too high. I would think that 10.00 per game under the 25 game minimum will suffice.

I just love the level of interaction we have in a pool this size. Any more comments on this one?
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Giant

The Comish wrote:
    Thanks for digging that up Chic, I really appreciate anything that saves me time! I see why we decided to implement a minimum number of games, with 30 points available, there is much to be gained from making one or two quality starts and then sitting out the rest of your games.

I also like pensfan\'s idea of placing a value on the delinquent games, but think 60 is too high. I would think that 10.00 per game under the 25 game minimum will suffice.

I just love the level of interaction we have in a pool this size. Any more comments on this one?
    You\'re welcome Comish! I thought you would love this one with your busy schedule!

The first idea we had was fine, but I must say that I also like Pensfan idea with probably 10 like you suggested. It\'s a punishement for sure, but not as bad if you ended with only 20 GP...

Dobber Sports Star

I like the idea Pensfan suggested so that we can rank the \"offenders\" appropriately.... However, I would also like to comment that using a GAA of 10.00 if someone gets a GAA of 2.00 in 24 games and you give them a GAA of 10.00 for the 25th game they still end up with a 2.32 GAA... I think that there should be a secondary clause that should state that you cannot finish ahead of a team that has met the requirement... however you should be able to attain more pts. than a team that has only played 10 games at the goalie position.

I think that would work best.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Ace

i love the maple statement.... so we can still list in reverse order player who dont obtain the minimum like

24-23-22-22-etc... for the number of game play...
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Giant

I also think Maple got a good point here! Put all the team who reached the minimum GP and then the other... Yup, I like this one!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like it too.

Dobber Sports Stud

i like maple\'s idea as well, that email from russ was sent before the draft and we all knew about it, I planned for it and i dont want to see the fact i took goalies early based on that fact come into play. In other words i dont want to see a guy sneak in with uder the min and only get hit with 1 game of 10 or 60 gaa and still beat me, hopefully that wot be the case but i dont feel like it should be risked. the rules were stated before but maples idea will help sort the guys that dot meet it, yes i do feel it will be multiple teams that miss the target of 25

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with this logic (team not reaching 25 GP cannot finish ahead of someone who did in GAA).

Maybe now is the time for me to announce that I would trade a goalie for the right package

Bleed Blue
    Comish Dynasty

24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    CAP = $1200
    G.A.+/-.PIM.STP.SOG.BS.HITS
    W.GAA.SV%.SV

Tier 1
    C - Scheifele, Stamkos, Eichel, Komarov, D.Strome
    LW - Gaudreau, Palat, Schenn, Trocheck, Domi, Vatrano
    RW - Forsberg, T.Wilson, Clutterbuck, Shaw, Nichoshkin
    D - PK, OEL, Trouba, Jones, Martinez, Myers, Despres, Beauchemin, Pouiliot,
    G - Allen, Elliott, Gibson