Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trading of Draft Picks - Dynasty League

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Trading of Draft Picks - Dynasty League

Great! Thanks for the confirmation my friend!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It sounds like situation has been resolved, but just because I am a bit of a prick, I would like to push it a little I would like to see some sort of leeway on the player drops. Suppose I like my whole team and do not want to use any of my picks. Then I see that some unexpected players were dropped - its too late to change my mind. Or more realistically, I drop 3 guys only to find that there are players available in the 4th round that are more desirable than someone on my roster. I am locked out... We continually return to the premise that we are doing our best to simulate the NHL. NHL teams are never restricted from using a draft pick because they didn\'t free up the necessary roster spot. Is there some way we could increase our flexibility around draft time? Just a thought...but a thought that I don\'t have an easy answer for...
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Giant

pensfan wrote:
    It sounds like situation has been resolved, but just because I am a bit of a prick, I would like to push it a little I would like to see some sort of leeway on the player drops. Suppose I like my whole team and do not want to use any of my picks. Then I see that some unexpected players were dropped - its too late to change my mind. Or more realistically, I drop 3 guys only to find that there are players available in the 4th round that are more desirable than someone on my roster. I am locked out... We continually return to the premise that we are doing our best to simulate the NHL. NHL teams are never restricted from using a draft pick because they didn\'t free up the necessary roster spot. Is there some way we could increase our flexibility around draft time? Just a thought...but a thought that I don\'t have an easy answer for...
    I think Comish said that he will ask for our protection list twice so that we can react to the first protection list. Again, am I right Russ?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yes Chic is right again. That\'s what my second round of drops being asked for is - if you see someone you think would be worthy of drafting.

What I really want to avoid is players being dropped AT the draft. Imagine if some guy drops a decent player/prospect and then the next guy in the draft falls into that pick.

There is one alternative that we could explore. Ask for people\'s drops as per my schedule. No second request for drops. Any players dropped AT/DURING the draft are NOT available to be picked up DURING the draft. Those players would then be made available in Yahoo on the waiver wire. To prevent potential asshattery, I would also say that the team that dropped the player during the draft could NOT claim the same player until everyone else had a shot at the player.

This isn\'t the greatest time for me to be discussing rule clarifications, I\'m supposed to be packing for my vacation that starts on Saturday. Gone for one week (crappy timing, but free cruise, so what the hell!). Let\'s pick this up after I\'m back next Sat night. Any and all comments on how the draft might best work are welcome. Cheers guys.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like that idea Comish. Further asshattery (? never heard that one, but I like it) could be avoided by limiting the number of in draft drops to 1 or 2 - or you could simplify your job tracking all this by allowing teams to carry an extra player (or two) until the day after the draft

Edit: Enjoy the cruise!!!
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov