Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How\'d you hear about Dobber?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:How\'d you hear about Dobber?

lanky522 wrote:
    It was like something out of alice and wonderland... I was alice... :lol:
    Uh-oh. Bad move,Alice. You\'ve just earned yourself a nickname. inch:
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

TG wrote:
    Uh-oh. Bad move,Alice. You\'ve just earned yourself a nickname.
    oh dear...:blush:

well I suppose I could do much worse...

Mr. Cooper\'s first name was \"alice,\" and he\'s probably one of the most badass rockers ever...:evil:
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Ace

I found the Dobber site on a reference from a friend of mine(word of mouth). I also noticed recently on slam.canoe.ca (am I allowed to add that I like \'\'Ask Dr. Hockey!\'\') that there\'s a link that leads us to the Dobber site when you click on the fantasy hockey stats section. Please say hi to Alice for me
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

I...am your father.

Stephane Richer wrote:
    I found the Dobber site on a reference from a friend of mine(word of mouth). I also noticed recently on slam.canoe.ca (am I allowed to add that I like \'\'Ask Dr. Hockey!\'\') that there\'s a link that leads us to the Dobber site when you click on the fantasy hockey stats section. Please say hi to Alice for me
    Where can I find that? Can you give me a link, I\'d like to see it...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Learned about the site from an ad in The Hockey News Ultimate Pool Guide. I have been following the player rankings, and advice articles on THN website for a couple of years now. Which I am pleased to say has led me to build a dynasty in my keeper pool. I hope my buddies don\'t find my source.
    13 GM Points only Pool (keep 20 players)
    Top 8 Fwds, 4 D, 2 Goalies (2 W,1 otl, 2 so)
    (Fwds) Ovechkin*, Hossa*, Datsyuk*, H.Sedin*, D.Sedin*, Backstrom*, Kovalev*, OSullivan*, Erat, Wolski, Oshie*, Brassard*, Wellwood, Radulov*, Hodgson
    (Def) Whitney*, Kaberle*, Liles*, Wideman*, Corvo*, Harrold, Barker*, Edler
    (goalies) Luongo*, Nabokov*, Rask*,

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber wrote:
    Where can I find that? Can you give me a link, I\'d like to see it...[/quote]

His blog can be found at http://blog.canoe.ca/drhockey He\'s another very good resource and an Oiler fan to boot so he gets extra points!

I...am your father.

doulos wrote:
    Dobber wrote:
    Where can I find that? Can you give me a link, I\'d like to see it...
    His blog can be found at http://blog.canoe.ca/drhockey He\'s another very good resource and an Oiler fan to boot so he gets extra points![/quote]

I know where his blog is, I just want to see where canoe links to dobberhockey....

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

blindedbyfear

I learned about the site from someone on hfboards. I\'m pretty sure it was hanky, since it\'s in his sig, but it may have been someone else.

When I first came here the first thing I was impressed with were the player rankings, because when I would compare 2 players on the list the result would be closer to what I thought than other lists I\'d seen.

What really keeps me coming back, though, are the forums. The core group of posters here are better than I have ever seen on any other site. There seems to be a higher level of overall maturity here and I think the limited scope may have a lot to do with it. This isn\'t a board whose primary function is to foster arguments between fans of different teams. As a Habs fan, I know all too well what happens when you start playing the \"who has more potential, Carlo Coliacovo or Ron Hainsey\" game. Or the ubiquitous \"Ryder, Aebischer, and a 2nd\" for Patrick Marleau talk. And fans of other teams are just as bad. And that reflects in the fantasy boards of those sites, because they\'re really just a reflection of their overall posting group. This is a board which has as its primary function discussion about fantasy hockey, and that makes a big difference.

But, needless to say, I\'m very glad I found the site, and quite appreciative of its existence.

Post edited by: blindedbyfear, at: 2007/08/21 08:53

I...am your father.

Thanks BBfear.

Richer - I had to delete your post because the hyperlink was so long it was pushing the page off the screen.

If you hover over the URL button when you post, instructions will appear on how to post a hyperlink while hiding it in a word or two. Just an FYI

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think I came across Dobber somehow through TQ stats or roto-times.com
    I saw a link...clicked..and Voila and I was here.....along the way I ran into a guy named \"Alice\":woohoo:

Dobber Sports Newbie

A friend suggested that I consult Dobberhochey for my hockey pool. Hey Alice, say hello to Mel when you see him at the diner.:laugh:

Dobber Sports Ninja

Dobber wrote:
    I know where his blog is, I just want to see where canoe links to dobberhockey....[/quote]

Oh...of course. \"These are not the droids you\'re looking for...\"

I took a look around and couldn\'t find the link either.