Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kopitar - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Kopitar - I'll Rep

Circled the wagon with the gm I was chatting with about Kopitar before, and he had been asking for a 3rd in 2018, which I don't have.

This morning, we were discussing my 3rd in 2019, and he just said could I add in my later 6th in 2018.

That would leave me with 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in terms of picks for 2018, and 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 in 2019.

Kopitar would be an obvious upgrade on Horvat, and then my starting line up (including Rakell trade), would be:

Kopitar, Benn, Hall, Pacioretty, Wheeler, Boeser, Subban, Hamilton or Big Buff, Rakell, and Rask.

Bench: Horvat, Zuccarello, Price, Guentzel or Horvat.

I will have to drop 2 guys, so Perry is obvious but who would be the 2nd? I picked up Guentzel in a trace/had hoped he would have a good 2nd half, and he still could but no signs of that yet. Horvat I picked up in a trade for Barrie, and I do like his exposure to Boeser.

Is this a no brainer trade?

I will have to shed a contract in the off-season, between Patches/Kopitar, but given their names I don't see that being an issue, should be able to re-coup a pick.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Kopitar - I'll Rep

Any quick feedback? Don't want to miss out!

3rd round: Dadonov, M Jones, Lee, Rinne, Big Buff, Schultz, E Staal, Perry, OEL, Vasilevskiy, Miller, Lundqvist, Horvat, Burakovsky.

6th: Doughty, Boeser, Lindblom, Giordano, Marleau, Mantha, Ristolainen, Krejci, Anderson, Johansson, S Jones, Klefbom, R Strome, Gibson.

Obviously some good picks in both rounds, but still a crap shoot/the higher of the 2 picks isn't until 2019.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like getting Kopitar at that price. its two years away before you actually lose any of your picks... and next year at this time you might be able to make a trade to get some picks back.

I would drop Perry and Guentzel right now and watch for either of them to start playing with Getz or Crosby and make a change when that time comes.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I like getting Kopitar at that price. its two years away before you actually lose any of your picks... and next year at this time you might be able to make a trade to get some picks back.

I would drop Perry and Guentzel right now and watch for either of them to start playing with Getz or Crosby and make a change when that time comes.
    Not sure if it sways your opinion at all, but the 6 is in 2018, but it's also the lower of my 2 - 6th rounders.

And yeah, Perry/Guentzel make sense as drops, and if Perry or Guentzel get going later, can re-assess then. Don't really have anyone else that's droppable, other than maybe Horvat, or 1 of my extra d men, but I think they are all serviceable.

I won't for sure be able to keep Kop, I'll have to shed a contract in off-season in order to sign Benn, but I'll move whoever fetches more between Patches/Kopitar, and keep the other, or try and move both for 1 guy.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

Yea do it. 2019 is too far away to worry about it now. Go for the win. Always.
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Yea do it. 2019 is too far away to worry about it now. Go for the win. Always.
    What do you expect from Kopitar ROS/how would you deal with my having to drop 2 guys (1 for Rakell, 1 for Kopitar)? I just picked up Rakell last night in a trade. Kop has slowed down in the past 16 games or so, but he has a 3 game point streak going.

I am carrying an extra d, but don't see a reason to drop either Hamilton or Big Buff, Just going to play the matchups with that #2 d slot for now, and leave Subban in there.

I don't really want to drop Horvat or Guentzel, but between those 2, Perry and Zuc, and my extra d man, I would have to drop 2.

Could see about a trade to move out a body, but none of those guys have much value.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd drop perry and zucc (I like his consistency but I like guentzal upside and with sprong being demoted again he could find his way back with Crosby) the rest of your team is stacked too so u can take a risk
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Pro

I'd drop perry and zucc (I like his consistency but I like guentzal upside and with sprong being demoted again he could find his way back with Crosby) the rest of your team is stacked too so u can take a risk
    Thanks man, so you think with Rakell/Kopitar, my team is much stronger than Perry/Zuc it sounds like. I agree with you about Guentzel's upside, Zuc is what he is at this point, he's serviceable but also pretty assist heavy.

How would you break down my team?

Kopitar, Benn, Pacioretty, Hall, Boeser, Wheeler, Subban, Hamilton or Big Buff, Rakell, Rask (Starters)

Bench: Horvat, Guentzel, Big Buff or Hamilton, Price.

Rookie slot (inactive): Dubois.

This would be how it would look after dropping Perry/Zuc, when the time comes. Any other tweaks you would make? Someone who just traded Karlsson is trying to get Josi, and then he said he would trade me Josi/a 5 in 2018 for Subban, but would that be a downgrade for me? The pick is nice, but i'm still trying to win now.

Also, the gm trading me Kopitar has Josi, so I had asked about him being included in the deal, and I'll send him Hamilton or Big Buff back, what do you think of that (having 2 Preds d), vs Subban and 1 of Hamilton/Buff starting, and who would would you swap Josi for if you had the option, Hamilton or Buff?

Hamilton is 1st d pair at even strength, but still 2nd pp. Buff isn't on 1st d pair at even strength but is on 1st pp pair. His shots are way down this year though/he's older, and my format doesn't have hits, pims, etc.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

Yea that's a good team and a good break down for now. I'd trade either of them for josi honestly. But keeping Hamilton would be my option. Buff has what 2 goals this year? On one of the highest scoring teams in the league with pp1 minutes. I don't like it. He's better than he's playing but I'm good with losing him for josi
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Pro

Yea that's a good team and a good break down for now. I'd trade either of them for josi honestly. But keeping Hamilton would be my option. Buff has what 2 goals this year? On one of the highest scoring teams in the league with pp1 minutes. I don't like it. He's better than he's playing but I'm good with losing him for josi
    So no concerns regarding Kopitar's recent slowdown/his shooting %? I mean he's obviously a big upgrade on the depth guys I mentioned, but like I said will have to shed a contract in the off-season to sign Benn. At worst, I would buy out of 1 year of Patches or Kopitar (50$), but I wouldn't keep both of them, and not sign Benn who I got in a trade. Basically 1 of Kop/Patches I'll keep, the other I'll try and trade. I feel they'll both have re-sale value, Kopitar probably more. Packaging the 2 together is possible, but not likely because it's hard to take on 2 keepers, unless you need 2. There are normally teams that need 1 keeper, but 2 is a different story.

So keeping Hamilton even though he's on the 2nd pp? I missed his recent hot streak, and the 2 recent games I put him in he was quiet. Buff is frustrating, he used to shoot a lot, not anymore.

So no concerns over a Subban/Josi pair? Also, would you ever deal Subban in a deal to get Josi, or better to move 1 of Ham/Big Buff to team with Josi, and get Josi back? I would say best option is 3 in 2019, 6 in 2018 + Big Buff for Kopitar/Josi.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

Agreed. I think ur on the right track there
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Pro

Agreed. I think ur on the right track there
    Ok cool. What do you expect from Kopitar for rest of season? He's slowed down recently, especially goal scoring wise, and my format is goal heavy, but he obviously has more point upside than the guys we've talked about.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Stud

He still has 8 points in the last 8 games. I expect the same. Ppg finishing around 80. 30 goals 50 assists
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head

Dobber Sports Pro

He still has 8 points in the last 8 games. I expect the same. Ppg finishing around 80. 30 goals 50 assists
    That's true, so a better guy to go after vs say Evander Kane (cheaper)/who has no contract to worry about, or guys similar? I mean I consider Rakell as a safe option, who I traded for last night (also not under contract), and Kopitar further shores up my roster.

How did he drop off so much last year? I mean his shooting % was poor, but overall pts too! People were speaking as if it was the decline of Kopitar, haha.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

The other gm ended up saying if he doesn't trade Josi, we can talk him into a deal, but not the one he had proposed with Kopitar, he would want more. I was only interested in Josi if I were to move Buff for instance in the deal where I moved picks, and got Kop/Josi back.

I still ended up completing the deal for Kopitar, and I'll just stand pay with my d.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax