Thread: What to do with Elliot ..

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default What to do with Elliot ..

Hi all,

Want to ask you for helping advice. (My league type and roster in signature)
    What to do with Elliot ..

Will he still keep number 1 role in PHI? Worrying cause Neuvirth could take number 1 role.
    Or should I try to trade him away for some other low tier goalie - Lehner, Raanta, Halak, Markstrom, Darling (if he can take back his job in CAR)?
    Maybe I should need to gamble for Lehner, if he get trade to another team.

At the moment in FA poll best options there are - Saros, Ward, Jarry. May be someone of these are better option for Elliot in second half?
    Head-to-Head league, 16 teams, one year
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 2IR+
    Stats categories:
    • Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    • Goalies: W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

F: M. Zibanejad, N. Kadri, R. Nugent-Hopkins, E. Haula, P. Kane, K. Palmieri, D. Perron
    D: J. Carlson, J. Klingberg, J. Muzzin, N. Pionk, E. Gustafsson, E. Johnson
    G: P. Rinne, T. Jarry, A. Raanta
    IR+: R. Rakell, O. Bjorkstrand

Thanks,
    Toms.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: What to do with Elliot ..

Here's my take on the various options - copied most of this from a post less than an hour ago. Adding abit because your categories are different.

1. The Flyers will NOT simply run with Neuvirth the second half. He has trouble staying healthy when playing too often in a row. Therefore you're looking at a decent chunk of Elliott, even if Neuvirth is getting the majority of the starts for any reason short of Elliott getting hurt. Then you'll see another goalie to give him enough rest. I think it's a timeshare.

2. I don't want Ward or Darling anywhere near a roster this season. Feel pretty much the same way about Markstrom - although he's at least more likely to get volume of starts.

2A. I am lower on Lehner than many around here. He's better than the guys in section 2 above, as is Halak.

3. Dell & Saros are elite backups. I'd value them above the guys in section 2, and possibly above Neuvirth. Depends on playing time, all are pretty talented and high end backups, generally. Jarry seems to be prettyd arn good as well.

4. Raanta is the guy I like the most, as he's starting, has a great track record in the rate stats, and has virtually no competition for the crease. There has been some talk that he might be dealt to a contender instead of staying in Arizona, but either way, I think he's the guy I want. Additionally, you have Saves as a category, which means prioritizing a starter.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Great breakdown above! Rep given!

I would personally try to add Raanta and keep Elliot. He has a serious track record of having a great second half and as mentioned....Neuvirth has a great track record of getting hurt whenever he Get going.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yes, this one by @stevegamer was great answer! Thanks!

And about Elliot's second half performance - yes, that's a good point about him, I just little bit worrying that he played much more games in first half than in any other previous season. That could may be hit his second half performance because of fatigue.
    Head-to-Head league, 16 teams, one year
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4BN, 2IR+
    Stats categories:
    • Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FW, HIT, BLK
    • Goalies: W, GA, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

F: M. Zibanejad, N. Kadri, R. Nugent-Hopkins, E. Haula, P. Kane, K. Palmieri, D. Perron
    D: J. Carlson, J. Klingberg, J. Muzzin, N. Pionk, E. Gustafsson, E. Johnson
    G: P. Rinne, T. Jarry, A. Raanta
    IR+: R. Rakell, O. Bjorkstrand

Thanks,
    Toms.