Thread: Jordan greenway and max jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Jordan greenway and max jones

A lot of interest in these two players in my bangers league. Who has the highest upside And who has the opportunity to reach that potential. Minny seems deep both in the pro and prospect pool is why I?m asking
    14 member dynasty league. Full keepers. 9 forwards/ 4 d-men/ 1 utility/2 goalies/ 4 bench spots. Points goals, assists, hits, plus/minus, PPP, GWG. Goalie:saves, wins, SO. Forwards: Ehlers,Barzal, Barkov, Keller,Hall, fabbri,J.Schwarz,Hoffman,Aho,Perron, Kuzy, puljarvi.Defence:Karlsson, Hedman, Ghost,Provo.G:Helly,Vas,Raanta.Prospects:Peterson, samsonov,karprizov,parsons,sorokin,Suzuki,Bellows, Borgstrom

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Jordan greenway and max jones

Neither one has been very productive offensively at lower levels (Greenway in college hockey and Jones in major junior), so I'm not sure how much offensive upside there is. I would probably consider trading both of them if you can get good value in return - but don't sell them if you can't get a good price because they both offer a lot of multi-cat potential even if their offensive contributions don't materialize.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Neither one has been very productive offensively at lower levels (Greenway in college hockey and Jones in major junior), so I'm not sure how much offensive upside there is. I would probably consider trading both of them if you can get good value in return - but don't sell them if you can't get a good price because they both offer a lot of multi-cat potential even if their offensive contributions don't materialize.
    I normally agree with you, but on Greenway, I have to disagree. He's actually been a very solid producer at the college level, playing just under a ppg rate. That's solid production for a guy who's more known as a banger than a scorer. I also feel he's NHL ready today where as Jones will spend some time in the minors before he comes up. I am not saying Greenway will hit the NHL and put up 70pts but I think he can be a very good 45-55pt type guy in a secondary scoring role for the Wild for years. I'm looking forward to watching him in the Olympics and hope he gets a chance to play an impact role.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

I agree with using both as trade bait. Neither has shown enough offensively (both should be well over a point a game in their respective leagues) so you're basically waiting for them to maybe become Garnet Hathaway one day. Not worth it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I normally agree with you, but on Greenway, I have to disagree. He's actually been a very solid producer at the college level, playing just under a ppg rate. That's solid production for a guy who's more known as a banger than a scorer. I also feel he's NHL ready today where as Jones will spend some time in the minors before he comes up. I am not saying Greenway will hit the NHL and put up 70pts but I think he can be a very good 45-55pt type guy in a secondary scoring role for the Wild for years. I'm looking forward to watching him in the Olympics and hope he gets a chance to play an impact role.
    45-55 points, sure. I just have this feeling that some people are expecting him to become a 60+ point player, and in that case I would sell him.