Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rakell - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rakell - I'll Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    What would you expect for him points wise, by end of season? He's on pace for 77 games. He has 36 pts in 44 games, so a 63 pt pace (31 goals). He's basically producing the way Guentzel should have this year.
    he's a point per game player the past month alongside Getzlaf, barring injury to Getzlaf and retaining the gig alongside him he should score 30 goals again this year. Getz will always think pass first before shooting so if you're his wing you'll be getting prime setups often as his vision is unreal.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    he's a point per game player the past month alongside Getzlaf, barring injury to Getzlaf and retaining the gig alongside him he should score 30 goals again this year. Getz will always think pass first before shooting so if you're his wing you'll be getting prime setups often as his vision is unreal.
    I picked up Rakell/Kopitar in trades, are you a Kopitar fan as well? The Kings have been struggling, but he's having a great year (50 pts in 48 games). I'll have to shed his or Patches contract after the season, so I can sign Benn.

1 of Patches and Kopitar will be my 2, and was thinking 4 for Benn, and Hall will be my 1, so unless I move out Hall before next season for another younger keeper, my setup will be Hall (1), Kopitar or Patches (2), Wheeler (3), Benn (4), Boeser (rook). Patches is having a down year by his standards, but in my format, will he be the better own on a short contract than Kop, or would you just trade whichever garners the best return, and keep the other, and can't go wrong either way? At worst, I have to buy out 1 year (50$) for either Kop or Patches, but usually there is the odd team that needs a keeper, or I could try a 2 for 1, but those are more challenging obviously.

My ideal would be to move Hall in the off-season, get a young stud for my 4 year slot, Wheeler will still be my 3, Benn 2, and Kopitar or Patches 1, with Boeser as my rookie. I'm thinking ahead with Hall because he expires after next year. The issues of who to keep between Patches/Kop, and whether I move Hall can be dealt with in the off-season.

How does my lineup look post-trades (Rakell I'll have tomorrow, Kopitar Fri):

Kopitar, Rakell, Benn, Pacioretty, Hall, Boeser, Wheeler, Subban, Hamilton, Rask.

Bench: Price, Horvat, Big Buff, 2 of Zuc, Guentzel, Perry.

Rook slot: Dubois

Who would you be dropping to fit my 2 new guys in? I basically improved my #2 centre position, and skater slot. I have flexibility with where I play guys though, Rakell, Benn and Hall are all c/lw, and Wheeler is c/rw. Guentzel is a bench guy, but he's a c/lw too, and Dubois c/lw.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Superstar

Dubois/Zuccarello...the Rangers are not good anymore he will not sniff the point totals he has put up the past two seasons.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Pro

Dubois/Zuccarello...the Rangers are not good anymore he will not sniff the point totals he has put up the past two seasons.
    Dropping Dubois doesn't free up an active roster spot, he's in my rookie slot (inactive). You can only activate a guy in your rookie slot if you drop someone, it's like IR.

14 is the active roster size, so who would be your 2nd drop, Perry I guess?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Superstar

yes Perry in that case. He is not the Perry of old anymore unfortunately he has seemingly exited his prime real fast a la Brad Richards.
    Girouxsalem

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars

Trocheck,Kempe

Dobber Sports Pro

yes Perry in that case. He is not the Perry of old anymore unfortunately he has seemingly exited his prime real fast a la Brad Richards.
    Ok cool, so hang onto Guentzel/Horvat eh, younger/more upside? Beyond this year, who will be the better keeper option, for a short slot, Patches or Kopitar (and taking into account my format)? Kopitar is born in Aug, 1987 and Patches is Nov, 1988. There is also the positional difference, and the fact Patches is the better goal scorer, excluding this year so far at least. Like I can't go wrong with keeping either guy going into next season right, they are both proven producers, Patches is just a bit more risky given he's having a bad season. I feel like I just need to try and get a pick for 1 of them in the off-season, and keep the other. It would be too hard to do a 2 for 1, whether it was Kopitar/Patches, or 1 of those guys and someone else (ie: Hall), I mean never say never but it's just more complicated. Patches is a 2 and same with Kop, but I've already got Wheeler/Hall, and going to sign Benn, so that's why I said I'll need to shed a contract to sign Benn.

On Dobber's keeper rankings, Kopitar is ranked way higher, but Patches is having a down year, and he will likely be traded at the deadline or in the off-season. Kopitar has the higher ceiling of the 2. I can worry about it more in the off-season I guess.

Also, do you think if I have to, Benn as a 4 is okay, or would you like him more as a 2/try to trade Hall in the off-season for a new 4 year guy? I signed Wheeler to 4 before this year, and he's 31, vs Benn who will be 29 in the summer, but Wheeler is obviously the exception not the rule. But I've been impressed by him so far, in his short time on my team.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax