Thread: Need to move a goalie? I know this sounds strange

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Need to move a goalie? I know this sounds strange

So following the aftermath of my recent trades. I actually need to move a goalie but not one that's of really good quality. My league has a crazy, over-inflated value on goalies so I'm kind of wondering too if any of these tendys will hold any value for minor pick upgrades as well. My roster's tendys are below...

M. Subban, Schneider, Varlamov, Lehner, Saros and Forsberg.

Obviously Varly and Schneider are the keepers for this year and going forward. However, Should I hang onto another for ROS and who should hold the most value in trades? and what should be my asking return?

I'm looking to get picks out of them and possibly another RW for ROS. Team is in 11th but close to 9th.
    14 team head to head, 7 keepers
    G, A, PPP, HITS, PIM, +/-, GWG, W, L, SO, SV%
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2 Utility, 2G, 4 bench, 1IR+
    F - Matthews, Marner, McDavid, Debrincat, Thomas, Jeannot, Vilardi, Zegras, Guentzel, Zibanejad
    D - Dahlin, Bouchard, Lauzon, Durzi,. Chychrun
    G - Samsonov, Gustavsson, Askarov

16 team head to head, 15 keepers
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hit, Block, W, GAA, SV, SV%
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 1F, 4D, 1 Utility, 2G
    F - McDavid, Tavares, Kucherov, Meier, Duchene, Foerster P. Kane, Pastrnak, R. Smith, Forsberg, Poitras, W. Johnston

D - Josi, Reilly, Faber, Matheson, Nemec,
    G - Vasilevskiy, Merzlikins, Vladar, Cossa

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Need to move a goalie? I know this sounds strange

trade anyone not named Schneider. Lehner should fetch good value.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stalinism View Post
    M. Subban, Schneider, Varlamov, Lehner, Saros and Forsberg.

Obviously Varly and Schneider are the keepers for this year and going forward. However, Should I hang onto another for ROS and who should hold the most value in trades? and what should be my asking return?
    I wouldn't list Varlamov as a keeper right now. I keep Schneider, and see who else brings value. I think Saros is your second best goalie, but his opportunity isn't there right now. He'd be the guy I'd most want to hang on to for the rest of the year.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I?m thinking of hanging onto Schneider, varly and saros. Dropping forsberg, moving lehner and subban for assets. I really believe that Chicago is going to make a deal for a goalie really soon and honestly lehner contract wise makes the most sense for their team

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I do have an offer tabled to me for bernier, drouin, 3rd for marner, lehner and 7th

Dobber Sports Ace

If your intention is to get something back for one of your goalies, why would you risk losing Marner to do it?

If your intention is to acquire Bernier to use him as a handcuff to your Varlamov, I would attempt to do it without losing any players that are important to you down the line.

It looks like D-men are very important in your league, I would try to solidify that position if I were you.
    Comish Dynasty - 3 Tiers - 24 GMs (G A +/- PIM STP SOG HITS BLK W SV GAA / 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 1G) - $1130 SALARY CAP - Tier 1

C - Point $111, Horvat $67, Athanasiou $27 (C/LW), Mittelstadt $5, Lafferty $5 (C,LW,RW), Kupari $5, Coyle $40 (C/RW), Saarela $5
    LW - E.Kane $130, Bertuzzi $11 (LW/RW), Matt Martin $27, B.Lemieux $5, Haula (C/LW) $5, Motte $5,
    RW - Tarasenko $117, Keller $28 (RW/LW), Niederreiter $65 (LW/RW) , Tatar $57 (LW/RW), Kyrou $5 (C/LW), B.Ritchie
    D - Werenski $62, Pulock $57, R.Ellis $65, Ceci $36, T.Myers $59, T.DeAngelo $9, Bear $5, Witkowski, $5, Byram $5, Boqvist $5, T.Smith $5, Capobianco $5
    G - Grubauer $42, Rittich $27, Sorokin $5,