Thread: Is this true about Lehner....

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Is this true about Lehner....

I was just wondering here if the rumor is true that there is a possibility that Robin Lehner might be trade to either Chicago Black Hawks or Philadelphia Flyers. Would it be wise to pick him up. Would he have good success with either team.

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Is this true about Lehner....

I don't think it would be unwise to pick up Lehner unless you're dropping a better goalie. I think its 50/50 at best he moves in-season. They tried moving him last offseason and ended up resigning him because all the better starters were snatched up.

Only rumoured destination that I've heard was the Islanders, which was from Friedman. But another source told him it was unlikely, so who knows.

As far as a move to the Blackhawks, I have just seen a ton of speculation and no rumours but link me if you have seen one. Philly doesn't make a ton of sense unless they trade a goalie the other way - they've got two goalies under contract and I don't know if they want the uncertainty of an arbitration eligible RFA goalie like Lehner. But absolutely, if he landed in Chicago and Crawford was out for the year, he would be a must own.

If you are adding Lehner for a boost in-season you might be waiting in vain; if this is a long term move it's a worthy roll of the dice.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by 35KrazyKanuck View Post
    I was just wondering here if the rumor is true that there is a possibility that Robin Lehner might be trade to either Chicago Black Hawks or Philadelphia Flyers. Would it be wise to pick him up. Would he have good success with either team.
    every time I watch him play, I say the same thing, he stinks. Isnt he bottom of the barrel in starters? In Fantasy Hockey he is truly a player that will wreck your week.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35KrazyKanuck View Post
    I have heard nothing about the Flyers trading for Lehner, not even rumors that originate in Philadelphia sports talk rdio - and that's the craziest, most incorrect talk radio on the planet.

Blackhawks could make sense, Islanders could make sense. However Lehner is at best, a roughly average goalie. So he's not an upgrade even for the Islanders.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I could see the Islanders and Blackhawks sure... but Philly makes absolutely ZERO sense. I'm thinking Chicago will try to get Antti Raanta back (much cheaper/familiarity/not a loose canon like Lehner). I actually just dropped Lehner in my H2H league for michael neuvirth hoping he wrestles the starting gig from brian elliott.
    Yahoo:16 team h2h (18 man rosters) 4keepers per team
    player cats:
    G,A,+/-ppp,shp,sog,gwg,hits,blks :goalie cats:W,gaa,sv%,so
    3c-Zibanejad, Getzlaf, Trochek
    6w-Fiala, JT Miller,Pastrnak, Pearson, kapanen, Lindblom
    4d-Hamilton,Provorov, R.Andersson, Doughty
    2g-Markstrom, Blackwood
    bench-Schultz, McCann, Lowry
    IR:Kucherov, Beauvilier

Fantrax:Nordiques 9 team dynasty pts only (max roster:50)
    notables:Stamkos, Seguin, Kuznetsov, E.Lindholm, Debrincat, Wheeler, Marchand, PLD, Kessel, Meier, Tuch, Hedman, Suter, Chabot, Bobrovsky ,Hellebuyck, Binnington
    notable prospects:Turcotte, Zegras, N.Suzuki, Farabee, Denisenko, Krebs, N.Robertson, Jokiharju, Shestyorkin

Dobber Sports Wizard

Lehner is a good goalie and if he's traded to Chicago, he could be a Top 15 goalie in the league because that would probably mean Crawford is out for the remaining of the season. Going from the 30th best to 15th best for example would be a nice boost to Lehner's value, so if you can add him without losing anyone important, then I think that's worth the gamble.

The Sabres are making Lehner look worse than what he is, not the other way around. He's not the elite goalie he was once projected to become but he could still be a good goalie on a better team.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if he goes to Philly he will have even worst stats..they kill all goalies lol

Lehner is not a bad goalie, but is in bad situation. I just traded him myself for an upgrade cause as someone said above he costed me few goalie stats on his own so far this year...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    Lehner is a good goalie and if he's traded to Chicago, he could be a Top 15 goalie in the league because that would probably mean Crawford is out for the remaining of the season. Going from the 30th best to 15th best for example would be a nice boost to Lehner's value, so if you can add him without losing anyone important, then I think that's worth the gamble.

The Sabres are making Lehner look worse than what he is, not the other way around. He's not the elite goalie he was once projected to become but he could still be a good goalie on a better team.
    My push back is this: Per NaturalStatTrick, Chicago has given up the seventh most high danger scoring chances. Buffalo has given up the 21st most. I don't see this potential trade as a boost for Lehner.

Chicago gets too much love. This isn't 2010-2015 anymore.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    My push back is this: Per NaturalStatTrick, Chicago has given up the seventh most high danger scoring chances. Buffalo has given up the 21st most. I don't see this potential trade as a boost for Lehner.

Chicago gets too much love. This isn't 2010-2015 anymore.
    I agree think that Chicago isn't what it used to be, but they are better as a team than Buffalo. He's an average-ish goalie who might get a bump by getting to a new, and slightly better situation. Maybe not great for save percentage, but for wins, and in general.

Given the 3 teams that have been mentioned:

- He's not better than Crawford. He's likely better than Glass right now. Forsberg seems like a younger guy who might be better might be worse. The latter two are really cheap, though.
    - He's not a clear upgrade on either Flyers goalie, both of whom are under contract for next year, and are cheaper.
    - He's not a clear upgrade on Halak. I think he's a clear upgrade on Greiss.

So you are banking on a GM feeling he's an upgrade over the guy(s) they currently have. It's possible, but he's a rental.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd look at Lehner's stats over the last 20 games. he's not as bad as his team leads everyone to believe. Yes, he's worth picking up. He' s not really worth playing as a Sabre, but there's decent future value there
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4