Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to rebuild a team ?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: How to rebuild a team ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenricht View Post
    The only prospect left on his lineup is pavel Zacha , he already traded all the others and went all-in for this year
    I'd ask what else he can add... a young player? another pick? Zacha's not a bad piece to add either. Right now, it's all about acquiring assets (while following my suggestions above) and then targeting players/team needs afterward.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

His young player are mackinnon/mathew/rantanen , he won't trade them away they all have great point anyway and trading them for kopitar (my best Pointer) either barely add anything or nothing in mackinnon case . He said Mathews is available but it's probably only a bait . For the pick he only got third/fifth round pick after that and I got (1 first , 2 second , 2 third ,1 fourth) so not much of an upgrade to get there . I could send you a link to his team if you want to take a look . As a bonus kopitar + rinne leaving shoot me first in the draft with a 25 point hum... lead? ahah

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You don't want to deal away guys who are useful to your fantasy team just to tank the season for a higher pick. This doesn't really work, as you need to find players to replace them.

Rinne/Saros is a very nice combination, and I wouldn't want to mess with that. If you go into a year with crap goalies in a dynasty, you get to still have crap goalies after the draft. (To me, keeping 25+ of 30 means it's a dynasty, not even your typical keep a small to medium portion of your roster.)

Honestly, your cuts will be pretty easy at end of year, I think. I'd be willing to cut these goalies right now, and pick up a couple young guys off the wire and see what they can do:

Ryan Miller
    Kari Lehtonen

If you can move one of them for literally anything you will be making progress. I doubt either is able to be traded, though.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You don't want to deal away guys who are useful to your fantasy team just to tank the season for a higher pick. This doesn't really work, as you need to find players to replace them.

Rinne/Saros is a very nice combination, and I wouldn't want to mess with that. If you go into a year with crap goalies in a dynasty, you get to still have crap goalies after the draft. (To me, keeping 25+ of 30 means it's a dynasty, not even your typical keep a small to medium portion of your roster.)

Honestly, your cuts will be pretty easy at end of year, I think. I'd be willing to cut these goalies right now, and pick up a couple young guys off the wire and see what they can do:

Ryan Miller
    Kari Lehtonen

If you can move one of them for literally anything you will be making progress. I doubt either is able to be traded, though.
    he would be acquiring Carey Price for Rinne/Kopitar - so goalies would not be a concern. I just think with a .902 svpct there should be a chance to add a piece to Price & 1st.

posting his team can only help with trade suggestions
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

oh yeah I kinda forgot to say that I cannot take player on the weaver , weird setup I guess but it's mostly based on the trade/pick . I start with 5 pick and I need to have 30 player at the end of the draft so if I want to clean more player I need to get more picks , I'm currently at 31 player 6 pick so I need to drop 7 prior to the draft as of now , I also need to check out those number when trading .

As for his team it look like this , he currently sit second place :https://imgur.com/sThkeZO (first pick (3rd overall) this guy move a lot if I have an offer to make I need to make it soon

Those are the other 2 contender : https://imgur.com/Brt4ldL (don't have first any first or second pick) currently first

: https://imgur.com/PnY2Fwu (only his own first pick left) this one is 20 point behind first , not sure if he will race he seem more patient

They all got some third/fourth/fifth pick

Oh and I can also ask for 2019 picks

Dobber Sports Stud

Get Matthews and price. Get some stars on your team. I'd trade those 4 for them
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Get Matthews and price. Get some stars on your team. I'd trade those 4 for them

All four for mathews/1 pick/price/zacha ? I mean I could patch my goalie position / get mathews / draft dahlin + the pick (sveichnikov or zadina or another D maybe ?) with that trade but thats a steep price if I screw up

Also what could be a good offer for hedman or hamilton based on what I got ?

Administrator

I didn't read through everything here but my best piece of advice is don't fall into the trap of trading all established players for non-established players while losing every trade just to slide down the standings intentionally. The most important part of your rebuild is the "build" part so you need to have a strong team on the other side. If you rely solely on undeveloped talent you'll end up with major holes in your roster. You have to be good at managing assets and you have to win trades.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I didn't read through everything here but my best piece of advice is don't fall into the trap of trading all established players for non-established players while losing every trade just to slide down the standings intentionally. The most important part of your rebuild is the "build" part so you need to have a strong team on the other side. If you rely solely on undeveloped talent you'll end up with major holes in your roster. You have to be good at managing assets and you have to win trades.
    I appreciate the advice I get that and thats actually the reason I started this thread to get a few opinions on the moves I should be doing , my pool don't use waiver only trade and draft is available to rebuild . Considering I can't outdraft the other teams every single time trade will be needed at some point and I need to make the most of them , maybe not this year but I'm here to check out my options about this year contenders.

Administrator

I appreciate the advice I get that and thats actually the reason I started this thread to get a few opinions on the moves I should be doing , my pool don't use waiver only trade and draft is available to rebuild . Considering I can't outdraft the other teams every single time trade will be needed at some point and I need to make the most of them , maybe not this year but I'm here to check out my options about this year contenders.
    Maybe the bolded turns out to be true but don't limit yourself to this line of thinking. You can outdraft them, you just have to really learn your league and how players and prospects fit in the grand scheme of things. It's not easy but it can be done. Believe in yourself.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Rookie

Mathews/price/ristolainen/first pick/Zacha ---> Kopitar/rinne/petry/landeskog/staal/fourth pick could this be a good offer or I should change something ?

sending good points over to the contender and I get some nice keeper .

Dobber Sports Stud

That's a good offer for you
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Mathews/price/ristolainen/first pick/Zacha ---> Kopitar/rinne/petry/landeskog/staal/fourth pick could this be a good offer or I should change something ?

sending good points over to the contender and I get some nice keeper .
    I like that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.