Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Transactions & Player List

Dobber Sports Master

Default Dynasty League Transactions & Player List

I disagree.
    Once a player is signed he is fair game IMO.

Hanson was a legit pickup.

Kinda sucks on the westcoast being a few hours behind.

As for my claim on Gilroy it means nothing. I would need to be the first one to post once he is signed.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Initiate

Crazynuck wrote:
    I disagree.
    Once a player is signed he is fair game IMO.

Hanson was a legit pickup.

Kinda sucks on the westcoast being a few hours behind.

As for my claim on Gilroy it means nothing. I would need to be the first one to post once he is signed.
    +1 Crazy for backing me up on Hansan. Also, I think it\'s pretty clear that everyone has open claim to free agents. The original rules were only to stop people from drafting a Tavares the year before he is in the NHL. I think the rule states (undrafted and unsigned). Once a guy signs, he is definately fair game. Also, on the waiver order pickup thing, for the lower teams to have a shot, I again beg to differ with the notion on Hansan. The guy was signed for 2 days already and no one made a move! I was relly surprised when I came on here after a few days away and noticed that there wasn\'t a post for him. Would I have been pissed that someone else got a new Leaf that I wanted? Yes. Would I have been on the side of \"throw them in this years draft\"? Absolutely not. If this goes to the side of throwing them into next years draft, that goes against everything I read in the rules up to this point.

Dobber Sports Guru

SD, i agree that you should be able to keep Hanson. like you said, it was 2 days and nobody else made a claim.

i think it was me that originally brainstormed the \"throwing-them-into-the-draft\" idea. it was just an idea, and i agree that is certainly not a perfect solution.

another alternative would be to have a waiver period of a 24 hours, or something like that.

i guess i\'m just slightly annoyed that i spent days waiting for the guy to sign, and then news breaks while i\'m sleeping and i have no chance.

then again, i\'d probably be equally upset if i was the first one to put in a claim and then the player was awarded to another johnny-come-lately because his team had a lower spot in the standings!

what a conundrum! Russ is not going to be happy.:dry:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Don\'t get me wrong uw, it wasn\'t meant as an attack.

But I would like to point out that the ones in the west also have an advantage if a player signs at 1am eastern time. \"most\" people are sleeping in the east at that time, but in the west, it\'s still onloy 10 pm.

So we have to look at both sides of the coin here. Yes, we in the east have an advantage for the early morning signings, but those in the west have the advantage for the late night signings.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hmm, why don\'t we just use the time TSN sends these updates to my blackberry.

Bozak April 3, 2009 8:34:04 AM CST
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Ace

i dig a little bit in the past and i find these cut from comish in the
    Salary Cap, Waivers & Other Rules Discussion

comish wrote page 3 at the end
    In my opinion, the draft is for young players, not new players to your pool. I would say that in order to pick up a player (outside of our draft), he must have played at least 10 NHL games (reg season or playoffs combined). No scooping of prospects.

This would be more to what an \"entry draft\" should be set up for. The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.

so will see qhat russ will decide when he will be back... maybe after some headache
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Master

sd1976 wrote:

But I would like to point out that the ones in the west also have an advantage if a player signs at 1am eastern time. \"most\" people are sleeping in the east at that time, but in the west, it\'s still onloy 10 pm.

So we have to look at both sides of the coin here. Yes, we in the east have an advantage for the early morning signings, but those in the west have the advantage for the late night signings.
    SD when do hockey transaction ever occur at 1am est
    Lets face facts we get screwed out west.

I\'m not complaining cause living out west is amazing.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Crazynuck wrote:
    sd1976 wrote:

SD when do hockey transaction ever occur at 1am est
    Lets face facts we get screwed out west.

I\'m not complaining cause living out west is amazing.
    Are we really being this fussy about FA pickups? If so then I would like to point out that I can not check the latest news anytime between the hours of 8am and 6pm while I am at work...

If time zones really are a factor than a waiver period on any new signing is probably the fairest way to go. If we make it a 1 week waiver period then maybe I will get to get caught up on the news before its too late :side:
    Points Only Dynasty League - count top 6 F, top 4 D and top G

F: Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Bergeron, R Smith, W Karlsson, Atkinson, Zuccarello, Radulov, Lee, Steel, Milano, Farabee, Batherson, Sprong, Heponiemi

D: Burns, Letang, Carlson ,Yandle, Green, M Matheson, Niko

G: Markstrom, Rinne, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    SD, i agree that you should be able to keep Hanson. like you said, it was 2 days and nobody else made a claim.

i think it was me that originally brainstormed the \"throwing-them-into-the-draft\" idea. it was just an idea, and i agree that is certainly not a perfect solution.

another alternative would be to have a waiver period of a 24 hours, or something like that.

i guess i\'m just slightly annoyed that i spent days waiting for the guy to sign, and then news breaks while i\'m sleeping and i have no chance.

then again, i\'d probably be equally upset if i was the first one to put in a claim and then the player was awarded to another johnny-come-lately because his team had a lower spot in the standings!

what a conundrum! Russ is not going to be happy.:dry:
    Believe me UW, I was watching for him to sign since DU has been eliminated. I was even telling Maple (who told me that he was in front of his computer while I posted that he\'s been official signed, but was doing something else) that I put an alarm every hour just to wake up and take a look at the web... but I guess I was lucky and just happen to be there at the right time since I was home late (well early in the morning) after a night with some friends. I feel bad for you, but it\'s just the classic bad timing thing and believe me it happen to me twice in about a week (I was about to post my pickup when both Backlund and Wiercioch were taken by JL and Maple)

SD, I told you before, but I really don\'t have anything against you. I definitely think you should keep Hanson. Again, I just told this because if a rule is being put in place to resolve this issue, it has to be applied to all guys in the same situation including Backlund (sorry JL). However, I think it\'s a bit too late for this year, but it definitely need to be addressed next year.

I\'m not a fan of the waiver thing and would prefer the \"put them all in the draft\" solution. This should solved all the time zones and/or can\'t connect at work issue. As long as anybody know the rules we and or Russ agree on, we should be fine.

Dobber Sports Stud

seems like i missed a lot being out today, like i mentioned before this is something i will be leaving to Russ, i will add my input to him and keep it off these forums. Russ is due back this weekend so hopefully it will be cleared up shortly.

Dobber Sports Guru

well said chic. the more time that passes, the more i think i just might have eaten some sour grapes. i\'m recovering.

i agree, for this year its probably best to keep on with what we\'ve been doing. no rule changes until next year, if any are required.

Dobber Sports Star

Trade to Report:

To Regiopolis:
    Purcell, Karsums, 2nd rd. pick

To LU Timbersports:
    C.Schneider, 3rd rd. pick

With the empty roster spot I would like to pick up newly signed Brad Thiessen (PIT) G Could I get a dummy player Comish or Chinny?? Thanks guys
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Star

Scratch that dummy player for Thessien as I\'m going to drop him and grab Tyler Myers (D) BUF

I swear this is the last move this year
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Hey everyone, I apologize for such a long delay in responding to all the action going on. It took many hours to read through all the posts on the first issue; the picking up of undrafted players who sign NHL contracts during the NHL season.

Here’s what the rules say:

“Pickups can begin as soon as the league is loaded onto Yahoo and notified by The Comish. Any player not on another Franchise’s Roster and is available in Yahoo is eligible to be picked up, first come, first served.”

By the time I realized that people weren’t supposed to be able to pick up players NOT listed in Yahoo, it was far too late in the season; teams had made subsequent moves, trades and decisions based on having those players I allowed them to pick up. It is my mistake for not thinking of this situation earlier, but at this point in the season, I’m NOT going back and change things while we are in the last week of the season.

Therefore, Christian Hanson is going to go to sd1976 because he was the first guy to claim him after the signing being announced. Dummy player Zhamnov. Done in Yahoo. Sorry for the long delay Steve.

Next up is Bozek who signed 3 Apr, meaning all claims prior to his signing are null and void. In no way should anyone be allowed to stake a claim on an unsigned player.

Das Chicleteur! had the first claim after his signing. Dummy player is Bobby Bolt and it is already done in Yahoo.

And Gilroy hasn’t signed yet, so nothing doing here…yet.

I feel I should also address this, from Nehithaw in Comish’s Corner:

“Upon further research, there is no rule stating that we can\'t sign undrafted/unsigned players as free agents. It just counts as one of our 50 transactions. There is a rule pertaining to drafting undrafted/unsigned player\'s, but nothing is mentioned about this in the free agents section.”

The intent of the undrafted/unsigned will apply to drafting or otherwise acquiring players. Nehithaw is absolutely right with the wording of the rule, unfortunately our league lawyers are a little slow in going over the rules (that will happen when you don’t actually pay them). The wording of the rule will be amended to include the original intent.

That means NO to Jonas Gustavsson because he hasn’t signed or been drafted by an NHL team yet.

We’ll address this fully before next season and make sure it’s clearly stated in the rules, leaving no room for interpretation.

The next issue I want to address is the minimum games played for goalies. Here’s what I posted several months ago. It generated much discussion, but no decisions until now:

\"An issue has come up that I feel we need to be very clear on. I am going to include in the rules that there be a minimum 25 games played for the goaltender spot. If you don\'t meet the minimum games, you will be placed at the bottom of that category.

It is not my intention to have someone start no goalie or a single start and then bench your goalie and still win a category. It\'s false to say that you had the best GAA based on no or very few games.

The NHL has a minimum games played to qualify for certain stats to make them LEGITIMATE. I don\'t see any other way to deal with this so that it people can benefit from NOT putting a player in the lineup.\"

I’m going to keep this one simple, no formulas to tinker with; if you don’t meet your minimum games played of 25 as determined by Yahoo, then you will be placed LAST in the GAA category. If there are three of you this year that don’t make it, then all three would hold a share of last place.

Due to the Wins and Saves categories being cumulative, there is no need to additionally punish those guys in those categories.

Crosby’s Kids have picked up Bochenski, who has been on Bearster’s Boys roster since being drafted in the 22nd round. It is NOT Crosby’s Kids fault. This one is also on me because Bochenski’s name wasn\'t listed in the players taken thread. It has now been updated and I have reversed the Bochenski/Havelid transaction by pensfan (Crobsy’s Kids). Sorry for that Steve.

I will be sending out the updated rosters and would appreciate it if you could let me know of any errors, including players no longer on your rosters.

I hope I haven’t missed anything else. It’s late and I need some sleep. Please let me know if something seems wrong or you think I have missed something. Thanks guys, I couldn’t do this without all your help! Cheers
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ninja

mapletreemarty wrote:
    Trade to Report:

To Regiopolis:
    Purcell, Karsums, 2nd rd. pick

To LU Timbersports:
    C.Schneider, 3rd rd. pick

The moves are complete in Yahoo.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket