Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Transactions & Player List

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Dynasty League Transactions & Player List

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    Come on guys, I\'m pretty sure it\'s not legal, and be sure that Bozak would have been on my team for a while now...
    same thing with me and the goalie.

just thinking \"out loud\" here... do we need some kind of rule to address these late season free agent signings? should they just be pushed into the summer draft? should we have some kind of waiver process?

a concern i had over these guys was this: what if they were signed at 8 AM eastern time? should those of us living in the west be penalized because we wake up 2-3 hours later?

just some thoughts. i know this will be a touchy subject.
    I know, as I had grab him too this morning...

I think you got a right point here UW. I think pushing them into the next draft should probably the way to go...

Dobber Sports Guru

Chicleteur wrote:
    I think you got a right point here UW. I think pushing them into the next draft should probably the way to go...
    it would certainly create some interesting decisions to make in the draft. do you take the 18 year old kid with potential, or the 23 year old free agent signing?

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Chicleteur wrote:
    it would certainly create some interesting decisions to make in the draft. do you take the 18 year old kid with potential, or the 23 year old free agent signing?
    Oh definitely, but mainly like you said, it will give everybody the same chance to get him.

Dobber Sports Ace

the rule is still the same a player must be draft (at any one time in the past or have a contract with a team

for gustavsson the la presse site (french) tell that many team (oilers, detroit, etc) try to bring him in the nhl ( so as the rule stated if he don\'t have a valid contract sorry dudes you must wait...

for hanson sd is correct because toronto sign him for a two year contract
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Then I\'m putting in a waiver claim for Bozak too lol

Dobber Sports Master

FRom my understanding they need to be have their rights owned by an NHL team.

Example: last season Brunnstrom could not be signed until Dallas got his rights.

To cover my bases I\'ll put in a claim for Gilroy.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Star

This is getting Silly, let\'s just randomly select teams and hand these guys out

I\'ll put in a claim for Gilroy and Bozak as well. Not that it means anything, I just want to look cool
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Giant

mapletreemarty wrote:
    This is getting Silly, let\'s just randomly select teams and hand these guys out

I\'ll put in a claim for Gilroy and Bozak as well. Not that it means anything, I just want to look cool
    You said it Maple!

I see two options for Russ, either gave these guys to the team who put the claim once it has been announced or canceled all claim (maybe including Hanson) and put these guys for this summer\'s draft.

I know I\'ll be silly myself, but I\'ll put a claim on Bozak (droping Jurcina) since Sportsnet just reported that he signed with Toronto:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/04/03/leafs_bozak/

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hey not fair on the Hansen bit. The guy had been signed for 2 days before I made a claim on him!!! If anyone wanted him, they easily had enough time to grab him...

Dobber Sports Giant

sd1976 wrote:
    Hey not fair on the Hansen bit. The guy had been signed for 2 days before I made a claim on him!!! If anyone wanted him, they easily had enough time to grab him...
    I know and I don\'t meant to be hard with you SD (I honestly don\'t mind if you keep him in the end). It\'s just that if Russ decide to go with the \"put them all in the draft\" solution going forward, I think he has to apply this rule to all of them.

Dobber Sports Pro

1. I don\'t think anyone should be able to \"stake a claim\" on an undrafted, unsigned player.

2. UW has a valid point regarding these undrafted player signings late in the season. The boys on the East Coast will claim every decent player prior to the boys on the West Coast getting out of bed 5 hours later..you guys do work 10-3 out there don\'t you.

3. I would suggest these players go into the draft unless they play an NHL game. If they get signed and get into the lineup, they should be fair game as FA.

4. Would having a FA deadline avoid this? After the start of Yahoo play-offs no trades or FA acquisitions until ?????

...and Chic beat me to the Bozak claim...
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Guru

Chicleteur wrote:
    I see two options for Russ, either gave these guys to the team who put the claim once it has been announced or canceled all claim (maybe including Hanson) and put these guys for this summer\'s draft.

I know I\'ll be silly myself, but I\'ll put a claim on Bozak (droping Jurcina) since Sportsnet just reported that he signed with Toronto:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2009/04/03/leafs_bozak/
    arughgughghghugh!! this is what i was afraid of! i go to sleep and the jackass signs.

Dobber Sports Giant

Rad64 wrote:
    1. I don\'t think anyone should be able to \"stake a claim\" on an undrafted, unsigned player.

2. UW has a valid point regarding these undrafted player signings late in the season. The boys on the East Coast will claim every decent player prior to the boys on the West Coast getting out of bed 5 hours later..you guys do work 10-3 out there don\'t you.

3. I would suggest these players go into the draft unless they play an NHL game. If they get signed and get into the lineup, they should be fair game as FA.

4. Would having a FA deadline avoid this? After the start of Yahoo play-offs no trades or FA acquisitions until ?????

...and Chic beat me to the Bozak claim...
    Sorry buddy!

I told it before, but yeah, it might make sense for everybody to put the guys in these situation in the next draft.

As for FA deadline, Russ already put in the rules that it will be end of the regular season (same thing for the trade) and it be back again once Yahoo is up.

This is now confirmed on TSN as well:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273615

So if Russ approved it, my new cap hit is $1119 (Jurcina -$11, Bozak +$5).

Dobber Sports Guru

o man, an hour hasn\'t lessened the sting any.

the worst part is that i literally outted myself as a fantasy hockey nutcase last night in front of all my friends.... i even dragged my laptop over to my buddy\'s place to watch the flames PPV game and was sitting there hitting \'refresh\' every 2 minutes on like 4 separate news sites! :woohoo: :silly: :unsure: :angry:

Dobber Sports Ace

Just out of curiosity though, if Russ allows the pickups, wouldn\'t it go to whoever was lower in the standings and not chic who put in the first claim since it would apply to waivers as a new signing?

In my opinion, whether its technically acceptable or not by the old rules, I think everyone knows that the right thing to do would be to wait until next years draft. It would be a shame to start getting in fights over technicalities like this.

This would also make the draft more interesting as it would keep it from mimicking the NHL entry draft with more interesting additions than just the lower tier players that managers dropped to make room.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne