Thread: Keeper Advice

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper Advice

I?m currently in 1st place and making a strong push to try and win this year but I?m also wondering about my keeper situation next year. It?s a Yahoo H2H 12 Team league with categories:

G,A,PPP,SOG,FOW,HITS,BLKS,G,GAA,SAVES

We keep 4 keepers + 2 ?prospects? (under 165 games)

Right now, my locks are Kucherov, Barzal and Provorov, the latter 2 being prospects.

Im torn on my last 3 spots because I feel that I need to keep these guys for my playoff push and not trade them away. I?m leaning toward Mackinnon, Forsberg and Bob, but the way these other guys are playing makes it very difficult to choose. Positions do count which is why I don?t know if keeping 3 C?s is a great idea

Barkov
    Mackinnon
    B.Schenn
    Forsberg
    Pietrangelo
    Letang
    Bobrovsky

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Keeper Advice

You're in 1st place. Go for the title and worry about your keepers later. In a 12 team league guaranteed you will be able to trade some of those guys for picks so just do that in the offseason.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    You're in 1st place. Go for the title and worry about your keepers later. In a 12 team league guaranteed you will be able to trade some of those guys for picks so just do that in the offseason.
    Exactly this. Don't worry about your keepers. Just go for the win.

Even if your league has a stupid rule that doesn't let you trade in the off season, I'd give you the same advice.

Don't trade your way out of a championship this year so that you are in a better position to win a championship next year.

Keep your eye on the prize!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I find people get way - way too caught up in determining their keepers mid-season that the result is missed opportunities because they make moves while competing to upgrade their keepers but weakening their overall team. Mentally sort it out, but don't detract from the overall strength of your team.

that said, my clear three choices would be Mack (2nd in league scoring - yes, that's right SECOND) Barkov pt/gm pace & massively important with FOW. and Bob, always like having a stud G
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

These guys are being too hard on you.. whats wrong with making a mid-season assessment?

I'm torn between Barkov/Forsberg.

Mack, Bob. I'd take Barkov because of FW
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck