Thread: My Laine/Barzal for Patches/Rakell

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default My Laine/Barzal for Patches/Rakell

Hi. I'm approaching a bit of a logjam at rw when Carter returns, and am looking to trade someone for a lw where I'm pretty light. Current rw eligible players on my roster, team/league in sig:
    Laine
    Stone
    Rantanen
    T Johnson (+c)
    Zibanejad (+c)
    Carter (+c, ir)
    Ovechkin (+ lw)
    D Brown (+lw, likely to get dropped
    R Smith (+lw, currently a streaming slot)

The guy in fifth (outside the playoffs and a way back) hasn't really been playing this year and should really be tanking for next year. We keep 2 "rookies" (< 100 NHL games), so think I have to offer a keeper/pick for him to be interested. Thinking of offering my Laine and Barzal/high pick for his Pacioretty and Rakell. Does this sound like a fair deal? What do you think of Patches the rest of the year? Do his prospects go up or down if he's dealt?

What this does for me - gives me two left wingers, both proven scorers with some multi-cat contributions, and depth at center. Gives me more streaming flexibility at any position going into the playoffs.

What I give up - the 2018 Calder trophy front-runner (who might drop off a cliff) and a 40 goal threat, both from high-scoring teams.

There are rookies available on waivers that I could pick up as keepers - Dubois, Connor, Hischier, Butcher, Theodore, Heinen.

Thoughts?
    Weekly H2H. G A +/- GWG HAT ATOI SOG HIT BLK STP // W SO GAA SV%
    C (4): Matthews, Stamkos, Eichel, Barzal
    RW (4): Laine, M Stone, Rantanen, T Johnson, Zibanejad
    LW (4): Ovechkin, Kane, D Brown, R Smith
    D (6): Byfuglien, Doughty, Ristolainen, Suter, Gostisbehere, S Jones, M Rielly
    G (2): Price, Bishop, Hellebuyck
    IR (1): Carter
    Keep 2 with <100 NHL games

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: My Laine/Barzal for Patches/Rakell

Do not make this offer. Sell a RW somewhere else. Carter might even be your best option to sell.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Laine is the best player on that deal and Barzal is the second best, so that's a terrible deal for you. And if Barzal is the only keeper eligible player from that group, then that deal becomes even worse.

I would probably add both Dubois and Connor because they should be LW eligible and they should be some of the best keeper eligible players in your league, so I'd imagine they'd have some trade value because of that. It's difficult to find players as good as them who have played less than 100 NHL games, so I don't really understand why they're available for free.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Wow, I didn't think it was that bad!

With keepers being such a small (and unpredictable) part of next season, should my focus not be to win now? I don't think Connor or dubois are doing enough to to help me with that.

Trying to consider the bigger picture too. All very well having the 2 best players in the deal but if I have deadweight stuck on my roster then don't I lose out overall?

Guess people aren't seeing good a second half rebound for patches? Does barzal really keep this up for the rest of the season?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Don't do it....... Keep Laine and Barzal. Trade Carter+ for Pacioretty.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by wjh205 View Post

With keepers being such a small (and unpredictable) part of next season, should my focus not be to win now? I don't think Connor or dubois are doing enough to to help me with that.

Trying to consider the bigger picture too. All very well having the 2 best players in the deal but if I have deadweight stuck on my roster then don't I lose out overall?

Guess people aren't seeing good a second half rebound for patches? Does barzal really keep this up for the rest of the season?
    Not even looking at the numbers, in name value alone, you should be able to get a better return than Pacioretty/Rakell. Looking at the numbers, I realize this is a good time to buy low on Pacioretty (although that windows closing as he's heating up), this is NOT a buy low on your end.

I just can't believe that no one else in your league is willing to offer up something better than this for what you are trying to move here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

As soon as I saw this thread I went WHOA. Park this one fast, you can do better.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Stud

You your giving up the 2 best players in the deal. Your blinded by positions and your gonna be mad after. Do not offer that. He'd laugh all the way to thr accept button
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by wjh205 View Post

its not that bad, its horrible..probably one of the worst i seen on here recently....

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think the message is clear... look to balance LW elsewhere. keep Barzal & Laine
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

What are your keeper rules? It just says "keep 2 with less than 100 GP". Are you saying your league is essentially a one-year league? I don't know how to value your players without clarity on your keeper rules.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    What are your keeper rules? It just says "keep 2 with less than 100 GP". Are you saying your league is essentially a one-year league? I don't know how to value your players without clarity on your keeper rules.
    that really does not matter here.....if its RoS only this is even more a NO.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

nonononononononononono

Dobber Sports Grand Master

That's an awful idea. You are in a keep 2, where you can only keep a very limited subset of players. Barzal might be the best keeper option in the league. Yes, I'm serious. If not, he's real close. there's no way I'm moving him for lesser quality rental players.

Admittedly, you can't keep Laine. Offering Laine for a slightly less talented LW is fine and makes sense.

I'd also pick up one of the other rookies to hold, and do it quickly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.