Thread: Hamilton Vs Big Buff - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hamilton Vs Big Buff - I'll Rep

Subban is my #1 d, I picked him up in a trade Dec 16, so a couple of games after Big Buff went down with injury. I was playing Subban/Hamilton, and then when Buff came back, I put him in and benched Hamilton. Hamilton then proceeded to go on a hot run, while Buff put up some pts, but wasn't as good.

I've noticed that Buff is much better at home, and Hamilton on the road. Would you just ride whoever is playing better going forward, or who would you give the edge to in my format? I'm thinking of playing Hamilton tomorrow, since he's in the midst of a hot run, but knowing my luck, I'll play him and Buff will get pts and he won't. I think it's pretty clear Subban is a guy to leave in the lineup, but my #2 d position is fluid. I mean I'm late in terms of playing Hamilton, since he's been on a hot run for 5 games, so you have to figure 1 of these games the streak will end. Both Calg and Winn are coming off of a bye week, so not sure if either team has an advantage, other than Calg has been playing better at home lately. I was just frustrated by Hamilton before, because he would put up points very sporadically, and only recently picked up his pace.

Also, last time Mtl played Bos in Mtl, I had Price and Rask going against each other, and didn't start either, and Boston got the win. Not the end of the world, but with Mtl being back to back, would Rask be the slam dunk play tomorrow? I don't need to use a goalie game, but Bos is clearly going for #1 in the east, Mtl is going to re-build.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Hamilton Vs Big Buff - I'll Rep

That is a tough call. Overall buff has been the better fantasy D for several years. But there is expectation that he is declining and Hamilton is on the incline. That hasn't been the case for most of the year. I would likely start Hamilton tomorrow and would likely try to trade one of them if you can. Just see which one fetches a better return.

And s yes I would start rask.

Dobber Sports Pro

Can I get some more feedback on this?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

I called it, played Hamilton over Buff, and so far Hamilton has nothing, and Buff has an assist, lol. Never mind, changed to Ehlers!
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Ace

Daily play feedback is pretty tough to give. Your scoring format doesn't give the same lopsided advantage to Byfuglien as many other leagues do (hits and PIM, specifically). Despite that, I think that I would be playing Byfuglien over Hamilton in pretty much all games, as I think he's still got a higher point floor, and will get you more SOG (I assume that is what ShG means, in your scoring categories).

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tobias View Post
    Daily play feedback is pretty tough to give. Your scoring format doesn't give the same lopsided advantage to Byfuglien as many other leagues do (hits and PIM, specifically). Despite that, I think that I would be playing Byfuglien over Hamilton in pretty much all games, as I think he's still got a higher point floor, and will get you more SOG (I assume that is what ShG means, in your scoring categories).
    It's short handed goals, not shots. I played Hamilton last night, have Big Buff in there tonight, and will have Hamilton in there again tomorrow. Subban is a fixture on d so he'll be staying in. I'll generally play Hamilton on the road and Big Buff at home (given their splits), but I was forced between the 2 for last night since they both played. I like Calgary's matchup vs Buffalo tomorrow, so there will be situations where I'll play Hamilton at home, and say Big Buff on the road. I have 70 games left to use for d (after using Big Buff tonight), and Subban has 35 games left, so have 35 games to work with for that #2 slot.

Big Buff has 5 games between tomorrow and Feb 3, and Hamilton 6, so to make sure I just use 6 games in this time frame, I'll use Buff for 3 and Hamilton for 2 (Buff 4 total with tonight included).

After Feb 3, I'll have 30 games left to use between Hamilton/Buff, and Buff only has 29 left, and Hamilton 30, so I'm in good shape games played wise.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax