Thread: Tyson Barrie update

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Tyson Barrie update

Jan 19 - Barrie sat for a ninth straight game against San Jose because of a fractured hand, but a return to the fold could be around the corner. It's possible he could be back as early as Saturday, but he may be held out until Colorado starts a three-game road trip at Toronto on Monday - Denver Post.

Great news! I just lost Shatty in the same league. So I won't even feel like I lost anything.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Tyson Barrie update

He was seen skating with a stick in his hand the other day, should be back within the week most likely.
    16 Team - Keep 5 - H2H Points
    Start: 2C/2LW/2RW/4D/2G - 4Bench
    G/A(1.25) STP(1.5) GWG(3) SOG(0.25) H(0.2) Blks(0.25) +/-(0.25) PIM(0.1) FOW(0.1)

C: Malkin, Kopitar, Hartman, Johansen
    LW: Ovechkin, Pacioretty, Barbashev (C)
    RW: Rust, Mangiapane (LW), Rodrigues (LW)
    D: DeAngelo, Karlsson, Faulk, Morrisey, Myers
    G: A. Forsberg, Price, Reimer, Holtby

Dobber Sports Genius

Colorado is a better team without Barrie in the top 4. Patrick Roy was on to something.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Jan 19 - Barrie sat for a ninth straight game against San Jose because of a fractured hand, but a return to the fold could be around the corner. It's possible he could be back as early as Saturday, but he may be held out until Colorado starts a three-game road trip at Toronto on Monday - Denver Post.

Great news! I just lost Shatty in the same league. So I won't even feel like I lost anything.
    Dare I say you're better off!

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Colorado is a better team without Barrie in the top 4. Patrick Roy was on to something.
    Damn 9 for the last 10! Wow. How much of it is sans Barrie and plus hot Bernier though?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    I don't watch Colorado games very often, but looking at his numbers it looks like he's having a solid year, possession wise. Is there something about his game that might fool the numbers but still be part of the 9/10 without him, and 4/10 before that? Just curious, he helps my fantasy squad, but if he's a liability to the team, it might mean I'm better off to sell now, I feel.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    I don't watch Colorado games very often, but looking at his numbers it looks like he's having a solid year, possession wise. Is there something about his game that might fool the numbers but still be part of the 9/10 without him, and 4/10 before that? Just curious, he helps my fantasy squad, but if he's a liability to the team, it might mean I'm better off to sell now, I feel.
    I know nothing but I want to think that Roy was right about him. (Selfishly, I own other Colorado D that are doing well in Barrie's absence.)

"The one name that Roy wanted gone more than anyone was Barrie. Reports have indicated that Roy saw Barrie as a bottom two defenseman, and that he liked Nick Holden, Barrie’s defensive partner for the better part of three seasons, a lot more. Roy didn’t want the Colorado Avalanche to pay Barrie, a restricted free agent, the money he wanted. It’s probably not a coincidence that Roy walked just weeks after Barrie signed his extension." - https://milehighsticking.com/2016/12...ick-roy-right/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"