Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Darnell Nurse PP1

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Darnell Nurse PP1

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I'd keep nurse if you count hits and blocks
    Yep, we do count hits and blocks and SOG - Nurse had been very valuable with those cats... and now if he sticks with PP1 whoo wee
    League: H2H - Keep 15
    Managers: 12
    Rosters: 25 (4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 5BN)

Scoring Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, BLK, HIT, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

Projected Keepers in Bold (Rebuild)
    C: Bedard, Cozens, Zegras, Lundell, B. Hayton, A. Cirelli, JG Pageau
    LW: Svechnikov, Raymond, Byfield, Laine, D. Voronkov, A. Henrique
    RW: Caufield, Jarvis, Perfetti, Marchenko, J. Quinn, K. Kakko
    D: Seider, Bouchard, L. Hughes, Sanderson, Korchinski, Romanov
    G: Demko, Kochetkov, Thompson, Askarov

Championships: 2016, 2018, 2019

Dobber Sports Wizard

The 2018 draft is full of PP QB type D-men and I fully expect the Oilers to be one of the teams that gets that #1PP guy from this draft but unless they happen to win the Dahlin lottery, they have to wait another year or two before that player is in the NHL, so Nurse has some time to establish himself as #1PP option. If he does a good job for a year or two, it's more difficult to replace him at that point. But as we saw with Klefbom, it isn't impossible, so Nurse needs to take advantage of his opportunity now that he has it.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    The 2018 draft is full of PP QB type D-men and I fully expect the Oilers to be one of the teams that gets that #1PP guy from this draft but unless they happen to win the Dahlin lottery, they have to wait another year or two before that player is in the NHL, so Nurse has some time to establish himself as #1PP option. If he does a good job for a year or two, it's more difficult to replace him at that point. But as we saw with Klefbom, it isn't impossible, so Nurse needs to take advantage of his opportunity now that he has it.
    Assuming they don't win the Dahlin lottery, they'll likely pick somewhere in the 3-6 range. Do they pass on those top forwards and draft positionally though? Not really something Edmonton has done in a while.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Sage

So swapping out Phaneuf for Nurse a week ago was a good move?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

Heres a quote from the last 31 Thoughts that this reminded me of.

20. Earlier this season, Darnell Nurse said the next phase in his evolution was “making opponents respect me on offence.” If Edmonton pulls off a miracle and gets in the playoffs, his four points combined versus Arizona and Las Vegas will be a turning point. He scored to get the Oilers going when they fell behind 2–0 early to the Coyotes and added the overtime winner one night later.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Assuming they don't win the Dahlin lottery, they'll likely pick somewhere in the 3-6 range. Do they pass on those top forwards and draft positionally though? Not really something Edmonton has done in a while.
    To me, Adam Boqvist deserves to be in discussion for 2nd overall. Even if Boqvist is gone, Hughes is worth consideration in the Top 6.

D-men are worth more than wingers for NHL teams, so I wouldn't be surprised to see D-men going very high. Wingers just aren't that valuable in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    To me, Adam Boqvist deserves to be in discussion for 2nd overall. Even if Boqvist is gone, Hughes is worth consideration in the Top 6.

D-men are worth more than wingers for NHL teams, so I wouldn't be surprised to see D-men going very high. Wingers just aren't that valuable in the NHL.
    True enough. There are definitely some great centres there though as well. Not saying the dmen shouldn't be in the talks to go high, I'm just dubious of Edmonton's decision-making when it comes to the draft.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    True enough. There are definitely some great centres there though as well. Not saying the dmen shouldn't be in the talks to go high, I'm just dubious of Edmonton's decision-making when it comes to the draft.
    Svechnikov, Zadina and Tkachuk are all wingers, so I don't see any centers worth considering in the Top 6. And no, I don't see Tkachuk being a center in the NHL even though he has played that position sometimes.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

3 of the top 6 picks this year could definitely be D-men. Dahlin is #1 overall, locked in. Hughes and Boqvist, either of them could sneak into top 6 easily, really depends on what a team wants/needs.

Personally I'm hoping Canucks grab one of Hughes/Boqvist...well ideally I hope we win the draft lottery after being screwed over so many damn times!

If Edm does pick either of those ones though, can't see them playing at NHL level til earliest 2020-21 and will very likely be sheltered minutes...then again, it is Edm and they like to just throw rookies into the fire.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Did anyone see the EDM game last night? So how did Nurse look on the PP? I did see there weren't any PPG's

Dobber Sports Sage

I didn't see the game but he played a team high (more than McDavid) of 4:03 with the man advantage. 23:46 total ice time, a plus 4, 3sog,1 hit, and 2 blocks.

I'd say this is promising if it keeps up. I picked him up right before the game because of this thread. The upside is worth it in case that power play starts clicking.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):