Thread: Andersen tonite. Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Andersen tonite. Rep

Will Andersen have a good outing tonight against Philly?
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Andersen tonite. Rep

I'm betting yes.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am guessing this could be a really low scoring and slow game. Or at least the first period.

They are retiring Lindros' jersey in Philly tonight and with all the speeches and such I am guessing the pre-game will take over a half hour.

Which means the players will stand on their bench for a half hour while all this is happening and there will be an even longer stretch than normal from warm ups until puck-drop.

So the first period will be like a warm up.

Taking all this into consideration, I think it will be low-scoring so Andersen is a good start.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Start em if you've got em is my motto... the averages will play out at year end and Andersen is a great goalie. Philly is rolling basically one scoring line. If the Leafs can avoid the PK, I like their chances

We can be rest assured he'll have a SO going until the final 3 minutes at which point the leafs will give away the SO and the game.... This has happened twice in 2 weeks now - blows my mind

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post

We can be rest assured he'll have a SO going until the final 3 minutes at which point the leafs will give away the SO and the game.... This has happened twice in 2 weeks now - blows my mind
    The saving grace is that the Leafs allow so many shots that even when they give up a late lead (like against St. Louis) his GAA & SV% are still good.
    10 Team H2H Fantrax League, Points (Cats), Daily lineup, 3 claims / wk.
    F - 5, D - 4, G - 2, Skt - 1, Bench - 6, IR - 3

F - P. Kane, Zibanejad, Couturier, E. Lindholm, Kopitar, B. Schenn, Kadri, Monahan, Hintz, Rust, Nylander
    D - Burns, D. Hamilton, Girard, Andersson
    G - Hellebuyck, Andersen, Samsonov

Scoring -
    G - 1.4
    A - 1.4
    FOW - .4
    PPP - 1.1
    SOG - .8
    W - 1.1
    SV% - .6

Dobber Sports Jedi

Tor hasn't been winning much the past few games.. but the games have been tighter defensively. It's the end of games they fall apart.. not Freddy's fault. He should be getting W's to go with good GAA/Svpct
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by FFleming5 View Post
    Start em if you've got em is my motto... the averages will play out at year end and Andersen is a great goalie. Philly is rolling basically one scoring line. If the Leafs can avoid the PK, I like their chances

LOL
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am guessing this could be a really low scoring and slow game. Or at least the first period.

They are retiring Lindros' jersey in Philly tonight and with all the speeches and such I am guessing the pre-game will take over a half hour.

Which means the players will stand on their bench for a half hour while all this is happening and there will be an even longer stretch than normal from warm ups until puck-drop.

So the first period will be like a warm up.

Taking all this into consideration, I think it will be low-scoring so Andersen is a good start.
    excellent insight. well done.
    12 team, keep 7.
    Goals 3pts, Assists 2pts. SOG, Hits, Blocks, 0.5pts. GWG/PPG 1pt, FW 0.2pts, FL -0.1pts. Forward/Defense
    Goalie Start 1pt, wins 4pts, Losses -1pts, Goals against -1pts, Saves 0.2pts, Shutouts 2pts. Goalie

Centre: Mcdavid, Scheifele
    Left Wing: Ovechkin, Skinner
    Right Wing: Wheeler, Laine
    Defense: Byfuglien, Myers, Heiskanen
    Bench: Skinner, Pettersson, Svechnikov,
    Goalie: Hutton, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Initiate

Leafs are exactly who I thought they were this year... I said this same thing about the Hawks in 2009. Loads of offense and young talent - Little ability to close out a win in a tight game. I'm interested to see what roster decisions are made this year. I have faith that a Cup will come to Toronto in the next few years, it's just interesting to watch the development. I'd say 2 years is a nice bet - maybe a chance next season if they can make a deep run in the playoffs.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/m...-old-problems/