Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nichushkin projections

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Nichushkin projections

So Nichushkin almost for sure will be back next year with Dallas. How many points is his upside for next few years?

He should at least be 2nd liner with some pp time playing with one or more of the big 3 (Benn, Seguin, Radulov).

30 goals and 30 assists seems reasonable to me with potential for more.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Nichushkin projections

I would temper expectations quite a bit.. he isn't even scoring at that pace in the KHL (scoring at a 43pt pace over 82 games).

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber's been showing love to Nich for years, but I agree with Hunter here... I think the ship has sailed on him being THE guy in Dallas, as Dobber once called him. I'd peg him for 40-45 points and anything above that is just gravy.

14 Team H2H Cap
    G A DPTS FOW SOG STP H+B | W SV SV% GAA

C: Scheifele, Stamkos (rw), Tavares
    LW: Gaudreau, Giroux (c/rw), Labanc(rw)
    RW: Atkinson, Thompson (c), Keller (lw), Glendening (c)
    D: Klingberg, Gostisbehere, Dumba, Krug (50%), Trouba, McNabb, Gudas
    G: Holtby, Fleury, Markstrom

FARM NOTABLES:
    F: Bokk, A Thomas, Kaprizov, Dorofeyev, Mikheyev
    D: Dalhin, Beaudin, Dunn, Kylington, Harley
    G: Hart, Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him back in the NHL until after he has a huge KHL season which may or may not happen.

Dobber Sports Novice

Dallas protected him in the expansion draft so pretty sure he will be coming back.

Anyone see a list of Russian players going to the Olympics? Is Nichushkin on the team?

Dobber Sports Stud

Dallas has had a hell of a time this year getting offense from anyone outside their first line and Klingberg so I would think that Nich would be given every opportunity to succeed in an offensive role if/when he comes back next year. I agree that the KHL totals are somewhat troubling but the talent is there and Dallas could be a great fit for him the second time around. He's a guy I'd definitely take a flyer on.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Monster

If I had to put a hard number on his final totals it would be 35 points. Not expecting much more than that.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

45-50 points is about where I'd expect him to end up as upside. I was surprised they protected him in expansion.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Jedi

same as most others 45pt range. I'm not holding my breath on this guy. turning into a much better real life 2-way player than high scoring forward
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tentacles View Post
    So Nichushkin almost for sure will be back next year with Dallas. How many points is his upside for next few years?

He should at least be 2nd liner with some pp time playing with one or more of the big 3 (Benn, Seguin, Radulov).

30 goals and 30 assists seems reasonable to me with potential for more.
    LOL! This made me chuckle tentacles. "almost for sure".

I will be surprised if he comes back to the NHL anytime soon. If he does, I am not expecting much.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Novice

Well the evidence points strongly in that direction as Dallas protected him in the expansion draft and multiple articles saying this is a very likely going to happen. Seems a pretty reasonable conclusion to me.

He got 34 pts in his rookie season so 45 points would be his floor in my opinion after 2 years playing in the KHL. Kid is only 22 years old so lots of time to still improve. He has the size and skills so mostly needs to develop the mental side.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    same as most others 45pt range. I'm not holding my breath on this guy. turning into a much better real life 2-way player than high scoring forward
    I agree. He has definitely improved his two-way game but the offense hasn't been there in the KHL, so I wouldn't expect that to suddenly change. He could be a solid 3rd line winger at the NHL level but I wouldn't expect more than 40 points.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tentacles View Post
    Well the evidence points strongly in that direction as Dallas protected him in the expansion draft and multiple articles saying this is a very likely going to happen. Seems a pretty reasonable conclusion to me.

He got 34 pts in his rookie season so 45 points would be his floor in my opinion after 2 years playing in the KHL. Kid is only 22 years old so lots of time to still improve. He has the size and skills so mostly needs to develop the mental side.
    The only forward they exposed who you could make a reasonable argument for keeping was Cody Eakin, who's currently making $3.85 million on Vegas's third line, for 3 more years. I'd wager it's a reasonable assumption that's a contract they were probably happy to shed.

The only thing protecting him tells us is that he's a more valuable asset than Cody Eakin. That's...reasonable. Vegas also traded for Nikita Gusev, which doesn't give us strong evidence that he's coming to the NHL, just that he has some amount of value.

As for his upside, I'd have a hard time saying someone who has a career high of 34 points in the NHL and is currently scoring at an NHLe of 32 points in the KHL with no discernible top 6 hole in Dallas has a floor of 45 points. I would say his floor is somewhere around 20-25 points, and his ceiling for his first year back is probably somewhere in the 40-50 point range depending on what usage he earns. It's not like he's going to be handed a plum assignment and usage just because he decided to come back. I don't have any idea why he'd be given a role with Seguin, Benn, or Radulov off the hop just because. I'd assume his ultimate upside is still around 60-65 points, but a lot of things would have to go right that so far haven't gone right for him to meet that.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    As for his upside, I'd have a hard time saying someone who has a career high of 34 points in the NHL and is currently scoring at an NHLe of 32 points in the KHL with no discernible top 6 hole in Dallas has a floor of 45 points. I would say his floor is somewhere around 20-25 points, and his ceiling for his first year back is probably somewhere in the 40-50 point range depending on what usage he earns. It's not like he's going to be handed a plum assignment and usage just because he decided to come back. I don't have any idea why he'd be given a role with Seguin, Benn, or Radulov off the hop just because. I'd assume his ultimate upside is still around 60-65 points, but a lot of things would have to go right that so far haven't gone right for him to meet that.
    That is about where I would have him pegged too.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The only forward they exposed who you could make a reasonable argument for keeping was Cody Eakin, who's currently making $3.85 million on Vegas's third line, for 3 more years. I'd wager it's a reasonable assumption that's a contract they were probably happy to shed.

The only thing protecting him tells us is that he's a more valuable asset than Cody Eakin. That's...reasonable. Vegas also traded for Nikita Gusev, which doesn't give us strong evidence that he's coming to the NHL, just that he has some amount of value.

I understand the sentiment but I do take issue- lol!

40-50 is a reasonable expectation but I think its tough to call that his ceiling in a one year window. I agree with the floor, Id agree that a very good (and probable outcome) is 40-50 but I dont think 60 is outside of the realm of possibility. Im skeptical as mare in this thread but hes got too much raw talent to widdle his absolute upside right down to 50 imo. I am certainly not banking on 60 but its within his upside imho....