Thread: Josi for ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Josi for ?

I have two many keepers and can only keep 10. I don't believe in keeping more than 2 Ds and Sergachev is forcing me to protect him along with Karlsson which I shouldn't be selling him low at the moment. That leaves me no choice to trade Josi. I currently have an owner interested in him and he has the following players available:

Couture
    Grabner
    Huberdeau
    Ferland
    Neal

I know who out of that list I should go for but just would like to see what 2 players you guy's think I should aim for.
    Yahoo! 14 TEAM - ROTO - KEEPER - C(2), LW(2), RW(2), D(4), UTIL(2), G(2), IR(3), BN(6)

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Note: My 10 keepers are in bold!

C: A. Barkov, J. Marchessault, H. Borgstrom, J. Kotkaniemi
    LW: E. Kane,
    RW: V. Tarasenko, C. Atkinson, S. Reinhart
    D: E. Karlsson, R. Josi, D. Byfuglien,
    G: B. Holtby,

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Josi for ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I have two many keepers and can only keep 10. I don't believe in keeping more than 2 Ds and Sergachev is forcing me to protect him along with Karlsson which I shouldn't be selling him low at the moment. That leaves me no choice to trade Josi. I currently have an owner interested in him and he has the following players available:

Couture
    Grabner
    Huberdeau
    Ferland
    Neal

I know who out of that list I should go for but just would like to see what 2 players you guy's think I should aim for.
    If you have too many keepers, why are you trading a player for a player? That still leaves you in exactly the same position.

Also, have you considered moving Sergachev? He might be a good sell high right now.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I replied to your other thread, but I don't move Josi either.

If Sergachev is forcing his way into the keeper discussion for you, and you are inflexible about keeping 3 defensemen, then he's the guy you need to deal. Least proven by far, and likely lowest floor and lowest ceiling as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I replied to your other thread, but I don't move Josi either.

If Sergachev is forcing his way into the keeper discussion for you, and you are inflexible about keeping 3 defensemen, then he's the guy you need to deal. Least proven by far, and likely lowest floor and lowest ceiling as well.
    I agree with everything you said. I, too, would be selling Sergachev and keeping Josi.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I, too, would be selling Sergachev and keeping Josi.
    Third. I believe that means the motion carries.

Sergachev will always have Hedman in front of him. Lowers his chances of getting the best ice time, which Josi and Karlsson are both all but guaranteed. Plus, there's more likely someone buying high on Sergachev right now than the others.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Deity

I am with you on not keeping more than 2 D, but Josi is the smarter keeper over Sergachev. I would be shopping Sergachev to all GMs and see what you can get for offers. See if you can upgrade one of your keepers, even if you have to add a current keeper with Sergachev.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."