Thread: Karlsson vs zuccarello

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Karlsson vs zuccarello

Points only, who gets more points from now until the end of the year. Zuccarello is always around 60pts/year however William Karlsson is doing really well and is he going to be able to continue it the rest of the year? I can see Zuccarello put p another +-30 (would put him around what he produces every year). If Karlsson puts up +-30 pts the rest of the year, that would give him close to 70pts this year, almost triple his career high.
    Thoughts????
    6 Team Keeper.
    Salary Cap $108M with 3 players at 75% price. Points only G/A=1, Hattrick = +3, W= 2, SO = +3, OTL/SOL = +1

12 F, 6 D, 2 G, 8 Reserves (any position)

Forwards
    Pastrnak $8.4, Eichel $7.5, MacKinnon $9.4, Ovechkin $9.5, JT Miller $8.0, RNH $5.1, Malkin $6.1, Marchand $6.1, Rust $5.1, Stephenson $2.7, M. Raymond $0.9, Terry $7.0, Duchene $3.0, P Kane $0.0, Mittelstadt $2.5, Kreider $6.5
    Defence
    Sandin $1.4, Montour $3.5, R Andersson $4.5, Barrie $4.5, J Carlson $8.0, McAvoy $9.5, Giordano $0.8, Byram $3.8, Hedman $7.8
    Goalies
    Vasilevsky $9.5, Kuemper $5.2, F Andersen $3.4, Korpisalo $4.0

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Karlsson vs zuccarello

as reliable as Zuccs is for his steady production. This is one I'd roll the dice on and get W. Karlsson. You can't use his previous career highs as any kind of measuring stick. he was never given top minutes before this season. Zuccs is Zuccs. As long as AV heads the ship in NYC - he won't change his stripes. AV won't lean on him or any line to increase production. W. Karlsson's a homerun acquisition. Zuccs is entirely replaceable - 55pts 180 sog.. come around often. Getting a potential 30+ 70+pt forward for one... take the swing.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm also going to roll with Karlsson. He's one of the guys in Vegas. Zucc has a lot more competition in NY.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Zuccarello for me. Put me down for the track record of production. As dynamite as Karlsson has been, we're talking about a guy whose never averaged anywhere near this kind of production at any level he's ever played, not scoring 0.5 goals/game at any level. He's on pace for over 40G. Yes, ice-time can of course factor in, but you'd have to figure that if he was that good, he'd have pushed his way into ice-time before. There's a bet to be made that he's a diamond in the rough and some kind of scoring machine born out of the blue and there's the bet that he regresses considerably. I would bet on the latter as I think the chances of the former being that true are less than 10% but hey, that's a home run swing I guess. If you are depending on the production to win, I stick with Zucchini. If you can afford the home run swing, then by all means take it if you want.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck