Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Laine for picks

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Laine for picks

Svech & Zadina could easily be equal to Laine in points down the road. Adding in 3 more top 25 prospect picks is just insane. I wouldn't do it even for Matthews in a points only pool. As an expansion team - hold all your picks. Make the selections. Once draft day is over and next season progresses those player values will increase exponentially.

Just look at last years draft -- Patrick and Hischier are the only top line players available.. everyone else is junk... now? Petterson, Mittelstadt, Makar we're talking about as future top line elite talent.

This draft is supposed to be exponentially better and deeper. Making this deal is a great way to blow your expansion season. Keep the picks
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Kind of hijacking my own thread given its related.

Getz is surprisingly hard to move given his age and fit with other teams that could use him.

I can move him, the #11 rookie pick, and the #13th main draft pick for Nylander. Given the plethora of main draft picks I have, I'm not overly concerned in losing the pick (I have 5 picks ahead of that #13). I think it is overpayment, but given the lack of buyers should I take it?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    Kind of hijacking my own thread given its related.

Getz is surprisingly hard to move given his age and fit with other teams that could use him.

I can move him, the #11 rookie pick, and the #13th main draft pick for Nylander. Given the plethora of main draft picks I have, I'm not overly concerned in losing the pick (I have 5 picks ahead of that #13). I think it is overpayment, but given the lack of buyers should I take it?
    I'd counter with just the main draft pick going to him, and see if he bites. If not, maybe bump it up a bit to the 3rd or 4th pick you have. Keep the rookie pick if you can.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd counter with just the main draft pick going to him, and see if he bites. If not, maybe bump it up a bit to the 3rd or 4th pick you have. Keep the rookie pick if you can.
    Tried. No dice. He will not negotiate. Either have to do Getz + 13th main draft + 11th rookie for Nylander + 2 waiver picks in February, or drop it until the off season. He won't have interest in Getz then though and it would only be about picks.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    Tried. No dice. He will not negotiate. Either have to do Getz + 13th main draft + 11th rookie for Nylander + 2 waiver picks in February, or drop it until the off season. He won't have interest in Getz then though and it would only be about picks.
    What could you get with those waiver picks? About equivalent to the main draft 13th?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    What could you get with those waiver picks? About equivalent to the main draft 13th?
    They are waiver draft picks for February, so really nothing of value going forward. I could get depth rookies and that is about it (as I won't find a keeper with them). I could push to see if I can get an Oct waiver instead as that at least has a bit more value as I could get a 2018 draftee then.