Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who would you guys keep?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who would you guys keep?

I?m in a keep 2 league... McDavid is the obvious number one keeper. But for number 2 I have a couple options after acquiring seguin.

Seguin
    Mackinnon
    Eichel
    Hall
    Draisaitl

what?s everyone thinking and why? I?m struggling here I really wish I could keep 3 or 4 lol
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Who would you guys keep?

Seguin or MacK for me.

Its close but i chose them because Seg is pretty reliable, good track record and MacK is found beast mode.

Longer term i might go with Eichel.

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not sure there is a wrong decision between Eichel, mack, and Seguin.

I lean towards mack because I've always believed he'd be elite and he's showing it this year. May never look back. That said if you can move any of the three to help you now or in the future I'd be happy keeping any of them with McDavid.

Team McMack has a nice ring to it.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Deity

Seguin for me. Obviously you are going to hate losing guys like Eichel and MacKinnon but Seguin is the more proven asset and still in his prime years for a few more at the very least.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Do you think the avs are going to try and add more pieces around Mack? Not that he needs it with how he’s playing but Seguin has tons of talent around him. I guess the avs are a completely different team this year so they’re only going to get better

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    I'm not sure there is a wrong decision between Eichel, mack, and Seguin.

I lean towards mack because I've always believed he'd be elite and he's showing it this year. May never look back. That said if you can move any of the three to help you now or in the future I'd be happy keeping any of them with McDavid.

Team McMack has a nice ring to it.
    10 Team Dynasty

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C

D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Is it worth a couple of prime years left in Seguin to give up Eichel or Mack who could have even more prime years left? I’m personally leaning towards Seguin myself I just wanna hear everyone’s opinions from each side of the argument

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Seguin for me. Obviously you are going to hate losing guys like Eichel and MacKinnon but Seguin is the more proven asset and still in his prime years for a few more at the very least.
    10 Team Dynasty

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'd keep Seguin. Most consistent of your other options. Any of them could end up with the most points in any given year, but I'm most confident in Seguins floor. All their upsides are about the same.

Dobber Sports Titan

Good problem to have.

Because of the PPPs I might lean a touch towards Seguin, but you can't go wrong with any of Seguin/Eichel/Mack.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

I love how Hall, and to a lesser degree LD get ignored lol. I'm saying less degree because Hall is better than LD. Hall and Seguin are very close in age, and Hall is having a better year, plus Seguin has had injuries before too. Everyone puts the injury prone label on Hall, but he missed 10 games last year, 0 the year before that, and has missed 2 so far this year (knock on wood). His injuries were more frequent a few years ago. I get that it's a keep 2, but a case can be made for each guy. LD is at the bottom for me though, there are just more question marks around his usage.

No love for Hall around these parts, 45 pts in 41 games.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by flyers94 View Post
    Is it worth a couple of prime years left in Seguin to give up Eichel or Mack who could have even more prime years left? I?m personally leaning towards Seguin myself I just wanna hear everyone?s opinions from each side of the argument
    If I didn't think it was, I wouldn't have said it.

I need both of these guys to get to Seguins level before I can decide to keep them here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I love how Hall, and to a lesser degree LD get ignored lol. I'm saying less degree because Hall is better than LD. Hall and Seguin are very close in age, and Hall is having a better year, plus Seguin has had injuries before too. Everyone puts the injury prone label on Hall, but he missed 10 games last year, 0 the year before that, and has missed 2 so far this year (knock on wood). His injuries were more frequent a few years ago. I get that it's a keep 2, but a case can be made for each guy. LD is at the bottom for me though, there are just more question marks around his usage.

No love for Hall around these parts, 45 pts in 41 games.
    Until I see Hall and Drai perform like Seguin has over multiple years, I'm going with the safer bet.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    If I didn't think it was, I wouldn't have said it.

I need both of these guys to get to Seguins level before I can decide to keep them here.
    Hall has a better points per game average in his career than Seguin, and is better so far this year. Seguin has settled into that 70-75 pt range, which is solid but Hall is on pace for 88 in 80. I realize Hall's higher average is probably due to Seguin taking longer to be more impactful, and Seguin has been better in recent years, but as of right now I lean toward Hall.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Until I see Hall and Drai perform like Seguin has over multiple years, I'm going with the safer bet.
    LD is clearly below both Seguin and Hall. Aside from people seeing Hall as injury prone still, what would stop Hall from continuing on the way he is? He's in his prime, and Jersey is improving. They are in the Top 10 in goals for. Seguin has averaged 18 ppp per year, and Hall 14, so I think if Hall continues to produce the way he is this year on the pp, there is little to no difference between the 2.

Seguin has been over a point per game in 3 different seasons, vs Hall who has been over a point per game in 3 (1 of which is this season), so we'll see if that lasts. Just want to add, Seguin played 80, 71 and 72 in the 3 seasons he's been over a ppg, vs Hall played 75 and 45 (lockout shortened season) in 2 seasons previous to this he's been over a ppg. He's on pace for 80 gp this year. I guess you're right that Seguin is safer, until we see whether Hall can keep this up, but just want to note that Hall has been really impressive this year, so he deserves mentioning.

It's kind of weird, because just in looking at there career stats, like year by year, you would think Seguin had a better points per game average, but Seguin is at 0.845, and Hall is at 0.862. Seguin has played 60 more games, but his rookie year dragged him down quite a bit (0.297 ppg) vs Hall 0.646 ppg.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Exactly! In my keeper league draft 2 weeks ago I had 2nd overall pick and I picked Seguin. That's how good I think he is. He's proven to be a consistent scorer in this league and he will be for years to come...
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I like Seguin but give me Mackinnon here!!