Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Benn vs. Marchand - who ya got?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Benn vs. Marchand - who ya got?

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Not you specifically, just mean in general. The year before last he had 89 pts, then dropped last year, and he's bounced back this year. I just believe in Benn's track record.
    Hitchcock is making this Seguin's team. And here's a fun fact I didn't put in the column but just verified. No winger has ever scored 80 points on a team coached for a full season by Ken Hitchcock. Four times there've been 75-79 point scoring wingers, but not a single one has scored 80+. In fact, the only player ever to score more than 80 points on a Hitchcock team was Modano, hence my point about him shaping the team around Seguin, not Benn.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Hitchcock is making this Seguin's team. And here's a fun fact I didn't put in the column but just verified. No winger has ever scored 80 points on a team coached for a full season by Ken Hitchcock. Four times there've been 75-79 point scoring wingers, but not a single one has scored 80+. In fact, the only player ever to score more than 80 points on a Hitchcock team was Modano, hence my point about him shaping the team around Seguin, not Benn.
    Seguin is younger, but Benn is still the captain and tied with Klingberg for the team lead in points. Benn may not reach 80 pts, but I wouldn't say it's unattainable either.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Magnificent One

Seguin is younger, but Benn is still the captain and tied with Klingberg for the team lead in points. Benn may not reach 80 pts, but I wouldn't say it's unattainable either.
    Of course it's not unattainable, but here's a list of wingers who didn't reach 80 points playing for Hitchcock: Tarasenko, Hull, Niewendyk, Recchi, and Nash, with Nash and Tarasenko being 100% in their prime at the time and as much of a focal point - if not more so - than Benn is today.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Magnificent One

Of course it's not unattainable, but here's a list of wingers who didn't reach 80 points playing for Hitchcock: Tarasenko, Hull, Niewendyk, Recchi, and Nash, with Nash and Tarasenko being 100% in their prime at the time as and much of a focal point - if not more so - than Benn is today. A counterargument is that Dallas will likely score more goals than the Blue Jackets and Blues did in those years, but I'm still very skeptical.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Of course it's not unattainable, but here's a list of wingers who didn't reach 80 points playing for Hitchcock: Tarasenko, Hull, Niewendyk, Recchi, and Nash, with Nash and Tarasenko being 100% in their prime at the time as and much of a focal point - if not more so - than Benn is today. A counterargument is that Dallas will likely score more goals than the Blue Jackets and Blues did in those years, but I'm still very skeptical.
    Tarasensko has never scored 80 pts, Benn has. Don't have the numbers in front of me, but a bunch of those guys played in a different era.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax