Thread: Tolvanen

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Tolvanen

So I've been offered Tolvanen but the price is high. Now that WJC is over, what are everyone's thoughts on this guy. Still murky on why he dropped so much in the draft...Looking for:

upside
    chance of hitting that upside
    player comparable

Thanks in advance
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Tolvanen

care to share the price?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, without knowing what the price is, it's hard to answer your question.

As far as what people think about him before and after the WJC, do a search, I am sure there are still plenty of threads on him you can find.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

The only thing I was disappointed in was his goal total. He's a top 6 winger, keep in mind he can also come over after the KHL season and sign with Nashville. I could see him doing that especially if they burn this year off his ELC.

I also think it depends on number of teams and roster size in your league. If you're in a large 14-16 team league that starts 3-4 wingers he's an extremely valuable asset. If you're in a 10 team league that starts 3 wingers he has value, I feel it's limited though.
    16 Team H2H Dynasty
    G A Pt PIM SoG PPP H+B FOW DZS
    W Svs GAA Sv%

C Scheifele Tavares Dvorack Eller
    LW Domi Aho Ritchie Vrana
    RW Tarasenko J Williams Laine Sheary
    D Klefbom M Rielly Spurgeon Provorov Ellis Dahlin
    R White Kase Schmaltz Thomas Anston-Reese Lindell Theodore

G McEhlinney C Anderson
    R Kuemper

M Bjork Raddysh Kravtsov Ylonen Soderstorm Gilles Gustavsson Point Khakonen Delia Hill

Dobber Sports Stud

The price is probably two first rounders (will be top 20 in my league from the 2018 and 2019 draft).

What I'm really after here is:

upside
    chance of hitting that upside
    player comparable
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Upside is huge.

As an 18 year old he he is scoring at .79 points per game in the KHL against men. I would say lots of upside.

However I would not buy right now... the seller is obviously trying to sell high because of the hype of him around the World Junior.

Decline the offer and wait until playoffs and get him as a throw-in on a trade you want or wait til the summer and get him for a lower price.

His value cannot increase much because he will be in the KHL all season so his NHL value will be tied to that and as World Juniors gets further away I expect the price to decline.

Dobber Sports Wizard

yeah i agree, his price is at its highest for next year or 2..but i also think he will be worth double after 2-3 years in NHL...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Upside is huge.

As an 18 year old he he is scoring at .79 points per game in the KHL against men. I would say lots of upside.

However I would not buy right now... the seller is obviously trying to sell high because of the hype of him around the World Junior.

Decline the offer and wait until playoffs and get him as a throw-in on a trade you want or wait til the summer and get him for a lower price.

His value cannot increase much because he will be in the KHL all season so his NHL value will be tied to that and as World Juniors gets further away I expect the price to decline.
    Not sure I agree with this given that there are reports Nashville may bring Tolvanen to NHL once the KHL season is done. The hype could get worse...
    https://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...nhl/983004001/

Dobber Sports Jedi

I wouldn't do 2 1sts for him... If you can knock that down on a 1st and a B prospect - then yes. I'm into that.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4