Thread: Hall - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Hall - I'll Rep

My deal for Trocheck/Keller fell through, and the other gm went for Monahan instead.

I'm just looking at other options, and was wondering how everyone feels about Rantanen as a potential return for Hall? I'm in 6th in fp/g (2.29) and the other gm is 5th (2.26). Rantanen is his rookie carry-over, and is likely to be his 4th keeper (other 3 being Kucherov, Scheifele, and Ehlers).

Rantanen would obviously fit nicely for me as 4 yr guy, then I can slot Benn as a 2, Patches as a 1 and Wheeler will be my 3, with Boeser as my rookie carry-over. I know Rantanen is playing with MacK, so he gets a big boost from that, but he still seems to be for real.

Rest of his team (including bench): Backes, Duchene, Ehlers, Kucherov, Neal, Jones, Letang, Couturier, Scheifele, Ek, Kadri, DeBrusk, Kerfoot (rook), Jones, Bishop.

His picks are 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, so he's not stocked up or anything at the moment.

Would Rantanen be a good target for me, what would you ask for with him, or would you wait until the off-season and maybe go after a guy like Huberdeau, or someone else? I'm only exploring these options because Hall expires next year, and his value is high right now. I traded Hubes in Mar of 2017 (he was my 1 yr), so I have to wait at least 1 year to re-acquire him/to keep him again, but trade deadline is before the 1 year mark of the trade.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Hall - I'll Rep

I'd want more for hall. Hall is so explosive every time he touches the puck something happens. Look higher
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    I'd want more for hall. Hall is so explosive every time he touches the puck something happens. Look higher
    What would be higher, in your opinion? I'm not in a rush to do anything, just looking at options.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Haha, someone who saw that I was looking into returns for Hall said he would do Hall + for Voracek! Man, that's laughable. The other gm said Hall is injury prone, and Philadelphia has a more potent offence. I replied that Hall is over 2 years younger, he has scored 16 goals to Voracek's 8 (our format is goal weighted), New Jersey has scored more goals than Philly, and Hischier is much more impactful than Patrick. I brought up the rookie angle because Jersey has often been regarded as low scoring, but the guys they brought in have changed that, Hischier being one of them.

The team that just swooped in and traded Monahan and got back Keller/Trocheck is trying to offer me Keller straight up for Hall, lol. For reference, the deal that fell through was Trocheck/Keller and a 5 for Hall and a 6. I was a bit hesitant, then the gm went and traded for Monahan instead.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Haha, someone who saw that I was looking into returns for Hall said he would do Hall + for Voracek! Man, that's laughable. The other gm said Hall is injury prone, and Philadelphia has a more potent offence. I replied that Hall is over 2 years younger, he has scored 16 goals to Voracek's 8 (our format is goal weighted), New Jersey has scored more goals than Philly, and Hischier is much more impactful than Patrick. I brought up the rookie angle because Jersey has often been regarded as low scoring, but the guys they brought in have changed that, Hischier being one of them.

The team that just swooped in and traded Monahan and got back Keller/Trocheck is trying to offer me Keller straight up for Hall, lol. For reference, the deal that fell through was Trocheck/Keller and a 5 for Hall and a 6. I was a bit hesitant, then the gm went and traded for Monahan instead.
    I would have made that Trochek/Keller deal in a heartbeat, too bad you missed out on it.

That being said, that other guy is crazy for taking Monahan over Hall. Both Trochek and Keller are better than Monahan. That guy destroyed him in that trade.

I would consider Keller + for Hall. Ask him for Keller/Trocheck, see where you get.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    I would have made that Trochek/Keller deal in a heartbeat, too bad you missed out on it.

That being said, that other guy is crazy for taking Monahan over Hall. Both Trochek and Keller are better than Monahan. That guy destroyed him in that trade.

I would consider Keller + for Hall. Ask him for Keller/Trocheck, see where you get.
    Yeah, that's my bad. The thing is, I wasn't even sure if Trocheck would fit for me as a keeper, because I would have had to move out a contract after the season in order to keep him. It just sucks, because even if it was Keller +, it may be hard to get Trocheck also, and I doubt he'll include a pick upgrade. His other keepers are Panarin, Kuzy and Pavelski, so Trocheck is basically for ROS, unless he buys out Pavelski, or trades him.

I just think if I try to do Keller +, it still won't equal the value that other guy was giving me. I think the gm got impatient, and it's not that he likes Monahan more than Hall.

His full roster (guy who traded for Keller): Pavelski, Kuznetsov, Panarin, Johnson, Larkin, Myers, Connor, Elias Lindholm, Bob, Howard. IR: Crawford, Barrie, Rook: Tuch.

Nothing else is really that appealing, it'll really just be Keller/Trocheck. The pick upgrade in the other deal was minimal, but was still a nice add on.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax