Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Price for Connor +

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Price for Connor +

Trying to build a win now team... Price owner is in last, and is looking to sell

He has Price as a keeper at the price of a 1st rd pick every year

I was thinking of offering him Kyle Connor, who would be an indefinite 27th rd keeper -

(I was going to throw in a draft pick sweetener, 5-10th-ish pick) - But that's not a big deal...

The question is... Are we ok to move Connor at that value given his future upside? For a win now move...

Getting Price would more than solidify my goalie squad for a playoff run... Obviously Connor would be productive for me this year too, but probably not a killer...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Price for Connor +

I don't know any Price owner that would consider this...

Price is still Price.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

His team has been one of the worst for the last few years... He's loaded up on young guys... Late round keepers...

Also he wants to open up his 1st round pick

His offense isn't good.. and he already owns Murray, Dubnyk & Andersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Be that as it may, this would be terrible asset management by him. I mean go ahead and offer it if you think he will accept.

As an analogy, just because F is strong doesn't mean that Crosby for McAvoy is a good deal. Not taking away from Connor, but he doesn't come close to being enough for Price at this stage in my opinion. Regardless of the state of your team.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm not sure Price actually solidifies anything this year.. .902 svpct... is he even a top 20 goalie right now? .there's gotta be cheaper options in net... what would a Lehner cost you? His numbers the last month are significantly better than Price's -- Mtl is not getting better overnight.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

I don't like keeping price in the 1st round myself. As Luca mentioned there has to be a serviceable option that will come cheaper.

I also love Connor for a 27th pick. Id try to hold on to that.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Ah, I misread. Thought the first round was referring to the pick you're offering. Not the round of the draft Price occupies... apologies.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I agree, I'm not sure this trade is worth it given you would have to keep Price in the 1st round. Montreal is not looking great moving forward.

Dobber Sports Wizard

if he accepts this take it and run...if i was him i would put Price on market and im sure offers twice as good as yours would be comming in....

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
    Ah, I misread. Thought the first round was referring to the pick you're offering. Not the round of the draft Price occupies... apologies.
    Price does occupy 1st round... that's why he wants to clear that round - he's got good goalies in later rounds

I would be offering Connor (27th rd keeper) along with a 5th-ish round pick

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Given the draft pick cost, I'd want Connor over Price, so I think he should be willing to take that.

However, I wouldn't want Price for this year only, and there's no way I give a first round pick to keep him. So while I think he'll take the deal, I don't think you should offer it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Deity

All things considered, I am keeping Kyle Connor here. Price is a nice option but not if it's going to cost you your 1st round pick every year. You already have two goalies locked up for long term options in Gibson and Hellebuyck. Price would be nice, but not if it's costing you a 1st every year.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Yea. Does that pick compensation carry over to you after the trade?
    10 Team Keeper (5)
    Head-to-Head
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FW, HIT, BLK
    3 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D, 1 UTIL, 2 GOALIE

C: Barzal, Mcdavid, J. Staal, Mackinnon, Matthews,

LW: Guentzal, Lee, J.T Miller, Rakell

RW: Point, Nylander, Perron, Marner, Laine

D: Carlson, Hedman, Petry, Byfuglien, McAvoy

G: M. Jones, Price

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Triplea14 View Post
    Yea. Does that pick compensation carry over to you after the trade?
    If I wanted to retain Price next year, yes, I would sacrifice my 1st rd pick... who I should mention is already occupied by Tavares, which would simply mean, Price would go to 2 - effectively the same thing - blocks my early picks

That said, I don't HAVE to keep Price either... The GM who trades him away, could conceivably get him back, given he is in last place, and would get 1st overall pick... Then he'd have Price AND Connor...

Essentially... Price would be a rental I suppose... But maybe not the best given his struggles... I figure he's gotta be better tho? Maybe's he's still hurt...

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm not buying anything Montreal is selling for the rest of the season. I'll reiterate keeping Connor.

Helle has been one of the best goalies all season and Gibson finally has a healthy team in front of him that looks dangerous. I imagine both of those goalies you got way later than the 1st round. You don't need price.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):