Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I over reacting or is this complete BS?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Am I over reacting or is this complete BS?

Let me guess, the people pushing for it have mediocre teams/keepers, and the people wanting to stay with a keeper format have quality keepers?

In my opinion, no change is made in a keeper league without a years notice. It is a long strategy game, and it simply isn't fair to quit and end it before your strategy may come into fruition (or fail, lol).

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko-Pouko View Post
    That is BS for sure. Start a new league and take those smart GMs with you. You have about half a league in place if you start a new one and they all join.
    I will join this league. I love passionate owners

Dobber Sports Stud

Easy solution to this in my opinion. You simply create a large numbered "keeper wheel". At the end of each season, you spin the wheel and whatever number it lands on is the number of keepers you have. You can use the same approach for scoring categories, roster sizes, etc.

Might sound random but it's really no different than how your commissioner is doing now with the exception that with the keeper wheel everyone is in the dark including the commissioner.
    16 GM Dynasty
    H2H Points
    Weekly Matchups w/ Starts: 12F/6D/2G
    G(3), A(2), +/-(0.1), Hit(0.1), SOG(0.1), BS(0.1), PPP(1), SHP(1)
    W(4), L(-2), SO(4), Sv(0.2), GA(-1)

F: A. Svechnikov, R. Thomas, N. Suzuki, Pastrnak, Boldy, J. Robertson, J. Hughes, Frost, Tolvanen, Drouin, Heinen, Gallagher, N. Ritchie, Wood, Poehling, Podkolzin

D: Makar, Fox, Dobson, Byram, Dahlin, Ferraro, Michael Stone

G Sorokin, Hart, Georgiev, DeSmith

Farm: Firkus, Kayumov, Heimosalmi, Brennan, Werner, Kvaca, Parik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I think I would lose my shit, too....I cant find a free keeper lg. to save my ass. Given the size of rosters 3 keepers isn't a big deal, the draft still comes into play big time.
    H2H Points in a Fleaflicker Lg: Ten teams - Four make playoffs -- Roster: 28 Total-18 Starters, 10 Bench, +5 IR (Allowed 25 Keepers)
    Offense: HatTricks/Goals/PowerPlay/ShortHanded/Assist/PIM/FaceOffs/SOG/Plus-Minus
    Defense: Hits/Blocks
    Goalies: Win/Loss/OT Loss/ShutOut/Save/GA

Center: Karlsson / Monahan / Scheifele / Trocheck / Luc-Dubois

L/W: Brady Thachuk / Zucker / Jenner / JT Miller / Hyman

R/W: Elias Lindholm / Dominik Kubalik / Stamkos / Teravainen

W/F: DeBrincat / Tatar

D: Ekholm / Seth Jones / Heiskanen / Hamilton / Sergachev

G: MAF / Binnington / Koskinen

IR: Scheifele

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Luckily, as of right now, there was enough uproar yesterday that the commish has decided to leave things as is.

But he?s also changed his mind like 4 different times within the past few weeks. Every few days there?s a new ?formal? communication.

In any case, people are so pissed right now for one reason or another, that I think this will be put to rest for the sake of friendships lol.

But I won?t be trading for the rest of the season cause who knows what?ll happen. At this point I don?t feel my keepers are safe until I see them on my roster next season.

The 75% or 2/3rds vote is a good recommendation. Maybe I?ll suggest it at a future point in time, for now we?ll probably need to let things calm down lol

The Great One

Print off all the teams. Ask the other owners if they want to join a new league with all.the same rosters and rules. Sell the comishes team on dobberforums.... Tada!!!

The Great One

That's a massive blow to the integrity of the league. Flaky af- u need stronger leadership...

Quote Originally Posted by funandez View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Luckily, as of right now, there was enough uproar yesterday that the commish has decided to leave things as is.

But he?s also changed his mind like 4 different times within the past few weeks. Every few days there?s a new ?formal? communication.

In any case, people are so pissed right now for one reason or another, that I think this will be put to rest for the sake of friendships lol.

But I won?t be trading for the rest of the season cause who knows what?ll happen. At this point I don?t feel my keepers are safe until I see them on my roster next season.

The 75% or 2/3rds vote is a good recommendation. Maybe I?ll suggest it at a future point in time, for now we?ll probably need to let things calm down lol

Dobber Sports Genius

Yes it is BS

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am guessing that majority of the GMs are making the decisions based on what they have for keepers. The guys that want 5 or 6 keepers will have a set of really good keeper set of 6 players... whereas the guys that want 0 keepers realize that their keepers are not as strong as the other groups. I feel that the discussion of keepers should never be brought up in a keeper league because it is always going to be influence by the GMs rosters and what they have for a roster.
    This was one of my first thoughts as well.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Agree with virtually all that has been said. Draft is the best part. A change like this should require a vote. Also it should be a gradual change, say 2 keeps then 1 so it doesn't those like you that have suffered to upgrade your keeps.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall

Dobber Sports Ace

I would be furious. I don't really have a different answer than some of the previous suggestions though.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)