Thread: [Re-signed] Jon Merrill

Dobber Sports Deity

Default [Re-signed] Jon Merrill

https://www.fanragsports.com/golden-...ear-extension/

The Vegas Golden Knights have signed defenseman Jon Merrill to a two-year contract extension through the 2019-20 season that will pay him an average annual value of $1.375 million, the team formally announced on Tuesday.

The 25-year-old has skated in 14 games this season with some of his time taken away due to both injury and healthy scratches. Over that same sample size, Merrill has accounted for one goal and one assist, which came in consecutive games. Merrill hasn?t played since January 4 as he?s been ruled out due to a lower-body injury.

Left unprotected in the 2017 Expansion Draft, the blue-liner was scooped up by the Golden Knights off the New Jersey Devils roster.

Merrill played his collegiate hockey at the University of Michigan. He was selected with the No. 38 pick in the 2010 NHL Draft by New Jersey. In March 2013, he signed his entry-level contract. Merrill made his debut that November. He appeared in 52 games with the Devils that season, posting a pair of goals and nine assists in his first stint with the club. During the 2014-15 season, Merrill accounted for a single-season career-high 14 points across two goals and 12 helpers over the course of 66 games. Over his last two seasons with the Devils, Merrill had two goals and nine assists over a grand total of 98 games before being exposed in the Expansion Draft.

It?s been so far, so good for the Golden Knights, who continue to defy the odds. The club is currently pacing the Pacific Division with a 29-10-3 record. Vegas is next in action on Tuesday to take on the Nashville Predators.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: [Re-signed] Jon Merrill

Saw this and said to my wife, "Oh wow, didn't think he'd get a mid-season extension... Oh, it's because it's barely worth money." The wife then pointed out that $1.375 million was more money than we'll see before our oldest hits high school. Different worlds, and paying attention to the pro athlete's money always involves a disconnect for me, almost like it's not real money.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Saw this and said to my wife, "Oh wow, didn't think he'd get a mid-season extension... Oh, it's because it's barely worth money." The wife then pointed out that $1.375 million was more money than we'll see before our oldest hits high school. Different worlds, and paying attention to the pro athlete's money always involves a disconnect for me, almost like it's not real money.
    If players earn fake money would the Merrill extension be considered fake news?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If players earn fake money would the Merrill extension be considered fake news?
    Well, since I've never seen the money, that makes the most sense. It's the same reason we should all believe the world is flat, right? If I haven't seen it, it's just the "Deep State," "big pharma," and "the corrupt media" trying to fool me!
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Master

My first reaction was: why?

GMGM continues to confuse but his team continues to win, so what the hell do I know...?
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck