Thread: Higher Offensive upside - Ehlers or Forsberg

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Higher Offensive upside - Ehlers or Forsberg

Hi guys, I'm rebuilding and have the opportunity to acquire Ehlers + 2nd or Forsberg + 3rd from two different teams.
    The price you may ask... Malkin + 7th.
    Do I stand pat or take one of these young guys and high picks.

On a separate note who do you like more RyJo or Hoffman going forward. Pts only.

League details in sig.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Higher Offensive upside - Ehlers or Forsberg

I like Ehlers in points only beyond this season and maybe next (Forsberg Ros and probably next year). All Ehlers is missing is first line and pp1 opportunity. When he gets it watch out.

I believe Malkin has years of elite production left in his tank when healthy. That's the key though isn't it with Malkin, he always let's you down when you need him the most and because of it you'll never get full value for him. It's not the best return and it's not the worst. If you're sick of him letting you down I probably make the move. If you can stomach his injuries he will likely out produce both of these guys for years.

Ryjo over Hoffman for me in points only with no goal weighting.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks MZac. The owner of Forsberg would also like to include RyJo for Hoffman, with me getting RyJo. I have the same assessment as you. I think I prefer Ehlers but with Laine and Wheeler ahead of him on the depth chart will he ever see top line or #1PP minutes?
    I think I may just keep Malkin unless an offer comes along that is just way too good to pass up.
    12 team Keeper League.
    25 man roster, 5 man bench, 2 prospects, keep 9. Must ice 4D, 1 Goalie
    Skaters 1pt G/A,
    Goalies .05pts per save, 1pts SO, .75pts per win -.25 for GA

Forwards
    Crosby, Malkin, Seguin, Eichel, Backstrom, Svechnikov, Stone, Meier, Perron, Voracek, Wilson, Pearson, Vrana, E. Stall, Pajeau

Defence
    Hedman, Klingberg, Letang, Yandle

Goalie
    Bobrovsky

Bench
    Ritchie (G), Zucker, Guentzel, Neal, Ekblad (D)

Prospects
    Zegras, Kaprisov

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by DAAKS View Post
    Thanks MZac. The owner of Forsberg would also like to include RyJo for Hoffman, with me getting RyJo. I have the same assessment as you. I think I prefer Ehlers but with Laine and Wheeler ahead of him on the depth chart will he ever see top line or #1PP minutes?
    I think I may just keep Malkin unless an offer comes along that is just way too good to pass up.
    PP1 won't be a long wait with Ehlers, I think. Right now Roslovic and Connor are on the top unit; I would expect that when Scheifele gets back they'll move at least one of those two back down the lineup, and then it just kind of depends on who has the best chemistry. Ehlers is getting minutes with Laine already, so it's just a matter of hoping those two develop good chemistry and turn into a Benguin-type duo. (at least that's my hope)
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso