Thread: Trading Gibson - Priceless?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading Gibson - Priceless?

Now the title got your attention, lol... Nobody is priceless of course.. but wanted to get perspective on Gibson's value in my setting

We get 10 keepers, and the penalty is they have to be retained in the round you draft them... Free agents that become keepers automatically go to last round

I picked up Gibson a couple years ago as a FA, and now keep him with a 30th round pick

Given his future as a No. 1 starter (and presumably a good one), that is ridiculous value

I have several other GMs that are after him... I can't trade him though, can I?? What should I be asking for in return?

I can probably piece together a competitive team this year, but it hurts my franchise moving forward I would think, quite a bit...

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Trading Gibson - Priceless?

I traded for him earlier this season. The deal was my Marchand and Hall for Gibson and Backstrom.
    I was happy with the trade but dont feel like it was a steal by any means.
    2023 Champ
    11 Teams - 24 player rosters - 12 Keepers (max 2 goalies)
    Yahoo rotisserie - 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN ,2IR
    G, A, PPP, SHP, HITS, +-, PIM, BK, GS, W,GAA, SV%, SHO

C: McDavid, Lindholm, Stephenson, Norris
    LW: Robertson,
    Fiala, Bertuzzi, Boldy,
    RW: Miller, Tarasenko, Seguin, Ehlers
    D: Hamilton, Karlsson,
    Bouchard, Nurse, Dobson, Larsson
    G: Hellebuyck, Shesterkin
    B: Husso, Tippett, McCabe, TT.

Dobber Sports Sage

This is the kind of value that wins leagues. I'd hold. I'm a bit higher on Anaheim over the next 3-4 years than some others around here though for what it's worth.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd need an offer that utterly blew my mind to move that kind of value. No one is untraceable but I'd need something really great.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

A 30th round pick for a top 10ish goalie... you HAVE to KEEP him.

Unless you are getting a player like Panarin where someone has him as a round 30 Keeper as well.

Stay pat and use his value to be competitive.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

The problem is he's a goalie... I can't replace goalies that easily... of the 100 keepers this year, 25 + were starters... leaving 5ish in the draft... I got Helle this year, but I would be hard pressed to secure another solid starter, in the near future anyway

The GM asking about him has alot of older players too... his best player is probably Karlsson (4th rounder)... but I think I'd need more... He has Ovi (1st) and Malkin (2nd), but thats zero value...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would probably never let go, that value is irreplaceable.

Dobber Sports Jedi

No... just keep Gibson.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Karlsson in the 4th is a good starting point, but he'd need to add to that, and part of it would be a keepable goalie.

I'd probably hold unless you can find a player that is keepable in the bottom 10 rounds you like better, plus a goalie.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.