Thread: Points Projections - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Points Projections - I'll Rep

What do you expect from Keller and Trocheck by the end of the season, like goals and assists wise? Also, what do you see for them beyond this season?

I mean obviously Keller has huge upside, but I've read that he doesn't have that top tier centre to play with yet (as he's been playing wing), and Arizona as a whole is terrible. He's still got 34 points in 45 games though, and outside of 1 cold month, he had 28 pts in the other 30 games.

Trocheck has been a 50 pt producer in previous seasons, but he's on pace for 78 pts. He's on 1st pp, so his responsibility in that area has gone up this year, but he's still away from top line. Doesn't seem to be holding him back, as he's firing lots of shots on goal and producing.

I'm looking at both in a trade, and just want to get people's opinions on them. Also, Keller is c/lw/rw eligible in my league (fantrax), what do you see his position being beyond this year?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Points Projections - I'll Rep

I own both, so I may be optimistic, but at least I follow them closely.

Keller is still one of the very premier young guys to own, even though it feels like he is being somewhat forgotten now as Boeser and Barzal have made themselves known. Keller has done nothing to lower his status from last summer. Remember, when everybody was talking about him as the top prospect to own. Even when these other rookies have made such an impact, it obviously has not lowered Keller`s status and outlook.

Keller had a slow month, and maybe will have another, and by my estimations will be closing in on 60 points this season. Just as many expected, Dobber for example. If the Coyotes get their shit together, which I strongly doubt, it could be 65.

Trocheck is a beast right now. Shooting the puck like no other at times. Draws nice matchups in the second line and as you mentioned, is on the top PP. He should clear 70. I see no reason for him to slow down too much.
    Ice Cap Hockey League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2020. Commish.
    Global Fantasy League, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2022. Commish.
    BHL, 12 teams dynasty. Est. 2010. Commish.
    SSHL, 10 teams dynasty. Est. 2020.
    JHL, 32 teams, salary cap dynasty. Est. 2023.

Yearly best ball league player.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Keller 65... Trochek 75
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by stimperi View Post
    I own both, so I may be optimistic, but at least I follow them closely.

Keller is still one of the very premier young guys to own, even though it feels like he is being somewhat forgotten now as Boeser and Barzal have made themselves known. Keller has done nothing to lower his status from last summer. Remember, when everybody was talking about him as the top prospect to own. Even when these other rookies have made such an impact, it obviously has not lowered Keller`s status and outlook.

Keller had a slow month, and maybe will have another, and by my estimations will be closing in on 60 points this season. Just as many expected, Dobber for example. If the Coyotes get their shit together, which I strongly doubt, it could be 65.

Trocheck is a beast right now. Shooting the puck like no other at times. Draws nice matchups in the second line and as you mentioned, is on the top PP. He should clear 70. I see no reason for him to slow down too much.
    Thanks for the feedback, but in terms of future years, what do you expect from Keller/Troch? Keller for sure would fit into my future plans, that's the core piece, Troch is an add on to help me this year, but that could also fit in as a short term keeper (over say Patches), if I'm able to move Patches. At the very least, he'll be a trade chip if I end up sticking with Patches as my 1 year for next. I picked up Patches in a trade this year, so I could top him up to an open slot, or leave contract alone. I was only going to put him in 2 yr slot if I signed Benn to 4 and kept Hall, but I'm looking at moving Hall, so changes my keepers.

Also, if you had to a choice between Keller or Boeser for 4 years, and the other for 3, who would you have where? If I do the trade, 1 guy will be my rookie carry-over, the other I'll sign to 4. With rookie carry-over, you carry them into the next season, then can sign them to max of 2 years after that season. So for instance, I get Keller, carry him to next year, Patches expires, then I sign Keller to 2. Or same argument could be made for Boeser. I have Dubois in my rookie slot, but didn't draft him, and I'm not as high on him as Keller or Boeser. Like I don't have any ties to him, just picked him up when his role increased.

Is a group of Keller, Wheeler, Benn, Pacioretty and Boeser solid going into the year with? I mean it's a good mix of youth and experience, and I think plenty of goals. I just hope Keller and Boeser are top tier assets while I have them.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Keller 65... Trochek 75
    And do you see similar production from both guys next year, or could you see Keller making another leap given he'll be 21 going into season/Arizona could improve?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, but in terms of future years, what do you expect from Keller/Troch? Keller for sure would fit into my future plans, that's the core piece, Troch is an add on to help me this year, but that could also fit in as a short term keeper (over say Patches), if I'm able to move Patches. At the very least, he'll be a trade chip if I end up sticking with Patches as my 1 year for next. I picked up Patches in a trade this year, so I could top him up to an open slot, or leave contract alone. I was only going to put him in 2 yr slot if I signed Benn to 4 and kept Hall, but I'm looking at moving Hall, so changes my keepers.

Also, if you had to a choice between Keller or Boeser for 4 years, and the other for 3, who would you have where? If I do the trade, 1 guy will be my rookie carry-over, the other I'll sign to 4. With rookie carry-over, you carry them into the next season, then can sign them to max of 2 years after that season. So for instance, I get Keller, carry him to next year, Patches expires, then I sign Keller to 2. Or same argument could be made for Boeser. I have Dubois in my rookie slot, but didn't draft him, and I'm not as high on him as Keller or Boeser. Like I don't have any ties to him, just picked him up when his role increased.

Is a group of Keller, Wheeler, Benn, Pacioretty and Boeser solid going into the year with? I mean it's a good mix of youth and experience, and I think plenty of goals. I just hope Keller and Boeser are top tier assets while I have them.
    Well, in the coming years it should not come as a surprise IMO if Keller is a 75-point player, with upside for more if there are seasons with some good percentages shooting-wise for himself and on-ice.

Trocheck is hard to know. There is Barkov, which works a little bit for both ways. Hard to expect much more than he is giving right now. But he should not regress into anything 50. 65 point seasons here, 70-75 there would be great. At some point, there will be a Patches decline. I happen to own him too (lol), I probably would keep Trocheck.

Keller and Boeser, I honestly don`t know if I had to choose one. Love both. Depends on the scoring as well, Boeser`s goals are valuable.

Dobber Sports Pro

Well, in the coming years it should not come as a surprise IMO if Keller is a 75-point player, with upside for more if there are seasons with some good percentages shooting-wise for himself and on-ice.

Trocheck is hard to know. There is Barkov, which works a little bit for both ways. Hard to expect much more than he is giving right now. But he should not regress into anything 50. 65 point seasons here, 70-75 there would be great. At some point, there will be a Patches decline. I happen to own him too (lol), I probably would keep Trocheck.

Keller and Boeser, I honestly don`t know if I had to choose one. Love both. Depends on the scoring as well, Boeser`s goals are valuable.
    I appreciate the feedback, I didn't up getting Trocheck/Keller, but I'm happy to just hang onto Hall too. What are your thoughts on Jamie Benn by the way?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    I appreciate the feedback, I didn't up getting Trocheck/Keller, but I'm happy to just hang onto Hall too. What are your thoughts on Jamie Benn by the way?
    Yeah, Hall is a good one.

I have mixed feelings about Benn. I think it might be a time to sell, but I can`t bring myself around it. He should be good for years to come, but not the great Benn we saw a couple years back.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah, Hall is a good one.

I have mixed feelings about Benn. I think it might be a time to sell, but I can`t bring myself around it. He should be good for years to come, but not the great Benn we saw a couple years back.
    I'm happy I have him. I didn't even realize you owned Benn. I could have tried to sell him instead of Hall, but Hall I only have through next year, and I just acquired Benn, so thought it was a better time to look into Hall. He's still on pace for 77 pts, and he's a go to scorer on Dallas, not like he's fallen off a cliff. He's also only 29 in the summer.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Keller 65... Trochek 75
    I agree with this
    Points only, 26 team keeper league. keep 8 + 4 prospects. 2 LW,2 RW, 2C, 4 D and G. 1 point goal,1 point assist
    Goalies. 2 points win, 1 for O/T or Shoot out loss, 3 for SO, 2 for assist, 10 for goal. Minus 1 for a loss
    Draft 8 more through draft. Need to have 11 on main team, 9 on reserve. Once roster set, can add 1 injured reserve spot.

Roster:
    LW JVR, Steen, Hagelin
    C Malkin, E. Staal, Nelson
    RW Okposo, Wheeler, Donskoi
    D Demers, Pulock, Savard, Vlasic
    G Holtby

prospects: Frost, Sprong, Andersson, Bear, Niku, Katchouk