Price

Getzlaf
    Liane
    Gaudreau
    R. Johansen
    Point
    Marner
    E. Kane

finding it tough to decide on price point has surprised and Kane has turned into a peripheral master what do you guys think (I?m a leafs fan would be hard to let go of Marner)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Who would you keep

I would trade Kane.... it is a contract year and I would compare him to Alexander Semin.... seems like he is more of a selfish guy than a team player so he is having a great year in a contract year and will go back to our regular expecations of him next year. SELL HIGH!!

I would say Laine is your guy under 23.

Depending on what you can trade E. Kane for I would keep:

Andersen
    Price
    Getz
    Laine
    Gaudreau
    Johansen
    Point

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I would trade Kane.... it is a contract year and I would compare him to Alexander Semin.... seems like he is more of a selfish guy than a team player so he is having a great year in a contract year and will go back to our regular expecations of him next year. SELL HIGH!!

I would say Laine is your guy under 23.

Depending on what you can trade E. Kane for I would keep:

Andersen
    Price
    Getz
    Laine
    Gaudreau
    Johansen
    Point
    PH nailed it. Deal Kane while the value is high and cash in before he cashes in and gives up.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

as hard as it might be to not keep Marner, him and Point are clearly the weekest asset you got. So if you dont trade E.Kane as the others has suggest, I would keep all the others;

F. Andersen
    Price

Getzlaf
    Laine
    Gaudreau
    R. Johansen
    E. Kane
    16 teams Dynasty H2H, 25 Pro 17 Farm 4C 4LW 4RW 6D 1G 6B
    Cats: G, A, P, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%

C: Mackinnon, Matthews, Seguin(RW), Stamkos(LW/RW), Couturier
    LW: E. Kane, Pacioretty, Rakell(RW), Miller(RW), Palat, Johnsson
    RW: Voracek, Dadonov(LW), Pavelski(C), Eberle, Olofsson
    D: Burns, Jones, Ristolainen, Gustafsson, Weber, Fowler, D.Toews
    G: Hellebucyk, Varlamov, Mrazek

Farm: R.Suzuki, Garland, Kostin, A.Thomas, Appleton,
    Kahun, Marody, Dorofeyev, Paul, Lizotte, Fox, ¨Perunovich, Beaudin, Rosen, Walker, Brook

Dobber Sports Rookie

Is Price a for sure keeper though? I know he’s got the talent to be the best goalie in the world but with the Canadians on the down slopes and they are only going to get worse since they have no assets to move to get better and price is only getting older? Last season I was the only manager to keep 2 goalies, am I crazy to think about letting him go?

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrera07 View Post
    Is Price a for sure keeper though? I know he’s got the talent to be the best goalie in the world but with the Canadians on the down slopes and they are only going to get worse since they have no assets to move to get better and price is only getting older? Last season I was the only manager to keep 2 goalies, am I crazy to think about letting him go?
    You'd be crazy to let him go for nothing. If you're worried about his decline, and would rather move on, somebody in your league looks at him as a top-tier keeper. Heck, move him with E. Kane for a solid upgrade somewhere. Whatever you do, DO NOT lose Price for nothing.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Rookie

That’s the problem I’ve tried to move him and nobody in my league is willing to move anything significant, or at least in my mind worthy of Carey Price. I do need a second goalie so it doesn’t hurt me to keep him the problem is at the end of the season, what to do then? There is lots of dialogue in our league we’re all buddies and they all have the same feeling about the Canadiens as I do, even the Montreal fans in my league don’t want him. I’m sure I could move him for someone a little under value but I would still need a second goalie to finish off the year. It’s a tough spot I’m in. I feel obligated to keep him at the end of the season cause it’s Carey Price but at the cost of what other player ya know?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Then you have a simple solution - revisit Price at the end of the year.

Deal Kane while the value is high and cash in before he cashes in and gives up.
    Thsi is a great turn of phrase, and accurate. He's the guy I want to deal.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.