Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Price is overrated

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Re: Price is overrated

Quote Originally Posted by tropheus_guy View Post
    2.95 GAA with .908 Sv% this season to date, yikes.

So playing in front of a bad team ok, missing weber, ok, bad save percentage, letting in lots of long range goals this year is not cool. I need him to go 2.50 GAA and .920 rest of the way. Bruins will be a good test to see if he can rebound from the awful night he had.
    Price's last 20 games:

GAA 2.52

SV% 0.923

Ask and ye shall receive.

Price is clearly frustrated with this team. Look how upset he got when Tavares scored the breakaway shorthanded goal the other night. That could be playing a role as well as he is normally unflappable.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Lots of habs players could use a change of scenery. That core needs to be blown up. I'm sure Price could still thrive on a new team.

But...in the words of Luongo: "MY CONTRACT SUCKS"
    Weekly H2H 4games/week. 14 Teams,21 Player roster+ 3 protected prospects
    20 week Regular season + 3 Rounds of Playoffs
    Keep 10

G+A = 1pt, Dman G+A = 1.5pt, PPG =1pt, PPA = 0.5pt, SHG = 1pt, SHA = 0.5pt, ShootoutG = 0.25pt, GWG = 1pt, Hatty = 3pt, DMan Hatty = 5pt, +/- (For D only) = +/- 0.5pt, W = 2pt, L = -1pt, OTL = 1pt, ShootoutL = 0.5pt, SO = 1pt, S = 0.1pt, GA = -0.5pt, Goalie Goal = 5pt

Each week play: 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 3 D, 2 G
    C: Stamkos, Tavares, Getzlaf, Zibanejad
    LW: Schwartz, Kase, Debrusk, Dzingel
    RW: Ehlers, Lindholm, Zuccarrello, Tuch
    D: Letang, Burns, Krug, Edler
    G: Vasilevskiy, Fleury, Saros, Domingue
    Prospects: Sorokin, Kaprizov, Hart

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by nickchau2000 View Post
    Lots of habs players could use a change of scenery. That core needs to be blown up. I'm sure Price could still thrive on a new team.

But...in the words of Luongo: "MY CONTRACT SUCKS"
    These massive contracts are an albatross for sure, but for the GM's it's a catch-22, damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-don't situation.

- The players demand massive contracts with NMC's or they'll walk.
    - GM's can't let players walk for nothing or they will be crucified by fans and media.
    - GM's sign the superstars to these contracts (Kane/Toews/Price) and then the team performs poorly.
    - GM's get crucified by fans and media for signing them to such anchor contracts that can't be moved.

Hard to feel bad for these poor multimillionaires - they got what they asked for.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Sage

Really good goalie in a really bad organization, and the attending fantasy mediocrity. That's the Price you are going to be getting for a while.

I dealt him away for Couturier and Ehlers a couple of months ago and the DobberNation were all howling at what a (unsound) deal it was. Yet to have a single regret. Oh, did I mention I was able to insta-flip Ehlers+ for Eichel?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

After watching the first goal he let in vs Boston on Saturday night, I have to wonder, is he tanking on purpose, its sad to see, and then the next one is a short side goal abeit nice shot, then out of position on the third goal. All this with a 1-0 lead. He's no Lehner but getting close now.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Administrator

After watching the first goal he let in vs Boston on Saturday night, I have to wonder, is he tanking on purpose, its sad to see, and then the next one is a short side goal abeit nice shot, then out of position on the third goal. All this with a 1-0 lead. He's no Lehner but getting close now.
    You should drop him if it bothers you this much

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    You should drop him if it bothers you this much
    he's on my bench, cant get much for him now. I wont start him until he has one decent game - that wasn't last night, 6 goals on 29 shots? Ok he had no chance on any of them, yeah but he let in 6. I am concerned he has whiplash from fishing pucks out of the net.
    KFHL - 14 Team H2H keeper,NHLsalcap, protect 17/20, (4D, 3X(C,RW,LW), 2G, filler to 20, plus 2IR) ten waivers picks per season.
    Cats Skaters: G/A/Pts/BLK/HITS/SOG/PIM/GWG/SHP/PPP; Goalies W/SO/GAA/SvPct/SOG
    C: Crosby, Kadri, RNH, Roslovic
    LW: Hall, Lindblom, Kubalic, Bratt, Lemieux, Gurianov
    RW: Palmieri, Niederreiter dropping soon, Wheeler
    D: Chabot, Josi, Gustafsson, Krug, McNabb
    G: Rask, Bishop, Binnington

Dobber Sports Grand Master

he's on my bench, cant get much for him now. I wont start him until he has one decent game - that wasn't last night, 6 goals on 29 shots? Ok he had no chance on any of them, yeah but he let in 6. I am concerned he has whiplash from fishing pucks out of the net.
    Price's problem is simple: He's not Dominik Hasek. Basically that's the only guy I can think of who has a style and ability that would work well with Montreal's efense.
    (And, no that's not a typo.)
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Price's problem is simple: He's not Dominik Hasek. Basically that's the only guy I can think of who has a style and ability that would work well with Montreal's efense.
    (And, no that's not a typo.)
    The "scramble all over the place and just be faster than the puck" style? Yeah, Hasek would definitely have made any defensive corps look pretty damn good.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Prodigy

He's definitely way over-rated in fantasy now, due to the tire fire of a team he plays for, and his age. Some poor sap drafted Price in the 1st round of our new keeper league this year- ouch!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    The "scramble all over the place and just be faster than the puck" style? Yeah, Hasek would definitely have made any defensive corps look pretty damn good.
    Yup. It's a really, really hard style to get down. And when you can do the blindly flip over backwards to make blocker saves on breakaways, or flip your legs into the air while on your stomach, you know you are a master.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If you are talking about fantasy hockey, he might be a tad overrated since so much of a goalie's value depends on the team he is on.

With that said, if you are talking about real life, I don't think anyone who has actually watched Price could think he is overrated. It is pretty clear that he is the most talented goalie in the NHL, and will probably go down as the most talented goalie this decade.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by jcairns View Post
    with that said, if you are talking about real life, i don't think anyone who has actually watched price could think he is overrated. It is pretty clear that he is the most talented goalie in the nhl, and will probably go down as the most talented goalie this decade.
    Thank you.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin