Thread: Jarry trade

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Jarry trade

League in sig.

Have Murray but I am beginning to get concerned about his near- and long-term injury outlook.

OGM who has Jarry will move him but I have to make an offer and there are no guidelines to work with; he's one of those guys.

I would like to bring Jarry in as long as the cost/value ratio is acceptable. We are still talking about a 1B guy when Murray is going. Long-term of course Jarry is a Murray handcuff and probable starter somewhere when the Pens eventually have to move him. The OGMs wings and D are his weaknesses.

Any ideas? I am open to hearing about them if anyone wants to help me figure something out. Do nothing is an option.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Jarry trade

I think I'd be looking to move a non-keeper for him; I might even look to toss an offer of Allen for Jarry and a pick or prospect. Being able to move Murray in (plus have the handcuff sitting in the wings) leaves me confident enough that losing Allen isn't going to be too painful. If you don't want to move Allen though, maybe something like Guentzel and one of Parsons and Samsonov would do it. OGM doesn't lose out on having a goalie prospect, and the Guentzel kicker shouldn't hurt you much (seeing as he's not performing to expectations), and Jarry is a better prospect than either of the other two anyhow IMO.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Titan

Guentzel and Parsons seems like a little much to me.

I would see if the names Duchene, Namestnikov or Mantha garners you any interest individually, and go from there.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Great One

It's a start 2G and you have Holtby, Andersen, Allen and Murray. I think you're fine with what you have.

If you are really keen on Jarry, I'd offer one of Samsonov/Parssons and one of your drops (Mantha, Jake, etc.). Or you could add one of your prospects, it's not like you are short on those.

Given how strong your are in goal, I wouldn't mind overpaying a little for Jarry, but certainly wouldn't pay through the nose for him.