Thread: Keeper D men advice? Provorov or Werenski

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Keeper D men advice? Provorov or Werenski

Im currently in 1st place and have a good chance at winning this year. I play in a league where we keep 4 keepers and 2 prospects (guys who have played less than 164 NHL games. My team is in my signature, and I am torn between who to keep as my final prospect. I have Barzal, Werenski and Provorov (all who would fall under the "prospect" title). Im for sure keeping Barzal, but I'm not too sure if I should keep Provorov or Werenski moving forward. The easy choice seems Werenski, however the categories we play with are G,A,PPP,SOG,FOW,HITS,BLKS, in which Provorov is rated pretty highly in this setup.

Which D man would be a better keep moving forward?
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Keeper D men advice? Provorov or Werenski

I am going to attach another thread that was just discussed about these two. It will give you a head start.

Werenski or Provorov

But I am also going to answer here because categories and type of league and situation are always different.

Is it a Roto Leauge, or a categories league where you try to win the most categories or a points H2H league where each of those categories is a certain amount of points?

If it is a Roto League or categories league I would keep Provorov because he is going to help with a lot of categories.

If it is a H2H points league for those categories, then I would take Werenski because goals and assists are usually weighted higher then blocks and hits.

Have you considered trading Barzal and one of those D men and target a guy like Keller or Boeser?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

In a multicat league like this, I'd want Provorov.

If you do a search for either of these guys, I am pretty sure there's been a few threads on these guys. Search is your friend.

- - - Updated - - -

In a multicat league like this, I'd want Provorov.

If you do a search for either of these guys, I am pretty sure there's been a few threads on these guys. Search is your friend.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Its a H2H league where we try and win as many categories each week. Ive never really thought of packaging Barzal and Werenski in a deal, but that does sound interesting.
    10 Team H2H Keep 3 + 2 Rookie (under 82GP)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, HITS, BLKS, FOWS, W, SAVES, SV%, GAA

C: ​Bedard (rookie), Crosby, Thomas

LW: B.Tkachuk, Forsberg, Debrincat (RW)

RW: Pastrnak, Miller (C), Pavelski (C)

D: Dobson, Seider, Pietrangelo, Chabot

G: Shesterkin, Demko, Talbot

NA: Levi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Christian T View Post
    Its a H2H league where we try and win as many categories each week. Ive never really thought of packaging Barzal and Werenski in a deal, but that does sound interesting.
    Well I would consider Barzal, Werenski and Provorov are probably 3 of the top 10-15 'prospects' to keep in your league.

So I think it might be possible to trade two of them for an upgrade then it is worth a try. Rather than dropping one if you don't have to.

Barzl and Weresnki as your keepers vs..... Keller and Werenski or Provorov.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​