Thread: Dell or Miller

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Dell or Miller

I need to make up some goalie games and already have Gibson on my team. The handcuff at 1st seems the way to go but it is a salary cap league and adding Dell who is less salary than Miller will allow me a better upgrade on defence.

Do i do the safe move and handcuff the goalies or do i take some risk and upgrade my defence. Lastly who do you think will get more starts for the rest of the year.

Thx

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Dell or Miller

I would make the move that makes my team as a whole better.

So if adding the more risky goalie because you might not get as many starts allows you to improve your defense than I prefer this move.

I would pickup Dell and a better D.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ok, so here are my thoughts if i pick up Dell i would also be able to pick up PK and a marginal defence man but would have to drop or trade Faulk and Vatanen.

It would leave me with only 2 more moves to make on the free agent market for the rest of the year(my d sucks and i lost Hedman for 3 to 6 weeks) its a semi keeper salary cap league and I am in 2nd place at the moment don't think any of the players other than Hedman will be a keeper(can't keep both Hedman and PK because of salaries for next year). I am deep on forward and should be ok in goal with Gibson, Talbot and either Dell or Miller.

Am I improving my team with PK and a marginal player over Faulk and Vatanen?

Axeman if you are out there chime in

Thx

Dobber Sports Icon

I would go with Dell since I think he will put up better numbers than Miller the rest of the season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd go with Dell as well. He could get some more games if Jones doesn't play as well.
    DYNASTY Cap(127M) 12 Team
    G, A, PIM(.1), positive +/- D only, W(2), SO(2), OTL(1)
    23 + 4 IR + 7 prospects (locked in for season if under 200 GP)
    Start: 11F, 5D, 2G - 82 games each slot

F: Crosby, Malkin, Aho, Rantanen, Batherson, Boldy, Kempe, Pavelski, Duchene, Hagel, Frost [Duclair, Farabee, Jenner]
    D: Fox, Karlsson, Hamilton, Letang, Montour
    IR:
    G: Sorokin, Kuemper[Husso, Kochetkov]

P: Stankoven, Tomasino, Vilardi, Sanderson, York, Zellweger, Wahlstrom
    Roster Cap Breakdown

DYNASTY Cap (110M) 12 Team 2
    G, A, PIM(.1), Positive +/- D only(0.5), Hattie(3), W(2), SO(3), OTL(1)
    League & Roster Info

Dobber Sports Ace

The starts in SJ seem to be going 3:2 in favour of Jones still, but Dell is getting into plenty of games still; effectively he's in a 1B type position. He'll likely get you more starts than Miller, even if his numbers aren't quite as good.

I'd also make the move to go with PK and a lesser piece. Faulk's season just isn't going his way, and the move to NJ didn't really improve anything for Vatanen, he's pretty much become a what you see is what you get type guy.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

The Great One

Dell has added intrigue just in case he dopes get dealt at the deadline. This is 1000% speculation but Ive read articles saying its at least within the realm of possibility. If he can end up as a 1b somewhere for the rest of this season his stock improves fairly dramatically...