Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boeser - I'll Rep

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Boeser - I'll Rep

Is he going to snap out of his funk soon? I read an article talking about how he's a perimeter player, and his goal rate is way higher than his expected goals. It just said keep expectations realistic, because if he was playing closer to his expected goals rate, he would be getting 20-25 goals as a rookie, which is still good but not the 43 goal pace he's on right now (for full 82), but 41 goal pace for 79 games.

I think with Barzal's recent play, he's probably overtaken Brock for rookie of the year.

1 g 1 a in past 6 games, 25 shots on goal. He's actually got 1 g in his past 7 games, and has gone 3 games in a row without a point for the first time this year. I realize it's a long road trip, with some tough match-ups but just hoping he gets going again. His shooting % is 18.2, so still has room to fall. Van has been scoring some goals lately, but he's not involved. He's been above 18 minutes in 8 of the past 10 games.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Boeser - I'll Rep

It's a long season and it catches up to most rookies. Happened to Keller earlier, boeser now, and I expect barzel will slow down as well.

I've taken the under on boeser getting to 40+ this season all year.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    It's a long season and it catches up to most rookies. Happened to Keller earlier, boeser now, and I expect barzel will slow down as well.

I've taken the under on boeser getting to 40+ this season all year.
    Yeah, that's true. Barzal just looks electrifying each time he touches the puck. Oh, I didn't expect him to get 40 either but sitting on 22 through 38 games, figured he was a lock for 30-35.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Padawan

Even in this mini-funk (I guess we can call it a slump now), his shooting percentage is still rather high (18 percent), although Boeser's wicked shot means that his SH% should be higher than most players.

Here in Vancouver, the thinking was that Boeser was going to slide once Bo Horvat got injured. Initially, quite the opposite was true for the first few weeks of Horvat's injury. Now it seems to be catching up to him. He took six shots against Minny, so it's a matter of time before he scores again. But his start was so impressive that he eventually had to come down to earth a bit.
    Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Gooding

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gooding74 View Post
    Even in this mini-funk (I guess we can call it a slump now), his shooting percentage is still rather high (18 percent), although Boeser's wicked shot means that his SH% should be higher than most players.

Here in Vancouver, the thinking was that Boeser was going to slide once Bo Horvat got injured. Initially, quite the opposite was true for the first few weeks of Horvat's injury. Now it seems to be catching up to him. He took six shots against Minny, so it's a matter of time before he scores again. But his start was so impressive that he eventually had to come down to earth a bit.
    Yeah good points. Dobber's mid-season guide still has Boeser finishing in the 70s points wise. Can you look into my threads on Keller, and then Keller, Hischier, Aho, Boeser, Barzal comparison?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Veteran

Boeser is still playing great, making things happen all over the ice. He is digging in the corners, recovering lost pucks, trying hard on every shift. He might not be on the score sheet but he is for sure a part of the scoring when on the ice.

There are some in-game line shake-ups by the coach that puzzle me and could be effecting Boesers mojo.

He'll be back in action soon, as will Horvat, which should only help. Even the best players have slump streaks for a couple games a year.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Boeser is still playing great, making things happen all over the ice. He is digging in the corners, recovering lost pucks, trying hard on every shift. He might not be on the score sheet but he is for sure a part of the scoring when on the ice.

There are some in-game line shake-ups by the coach that puzzle me and could be effecting Boesers mojo.

He'll be back in action soon, as will Horvat, which should only help. Even the best players have slump streaks for a couple games a year.
    Good points all around. I think it's crazy 3 games is his longest pointless drought of the year, speaks to how consistent he's been. Which in-game line shake-ups are you referring to?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

are you really getting worried about a 1st year player going cold for 7 games? Crosby had a similar streak this year.. just for reference sake. the fact he has 25 SOG in his past 6 games should reassure you he'll snap out, since that's over 4 sog per game - elite. If you're referring to projected goal rate - meaning a pre-season projected stat. throw it out. with 22 in 43, 25 for the season is garbage - you can now expect 30-35 at a min.

I don't know why you're comparing Boeser to Barzal? One has a much better supporting cast to work with. Even if Barzal wins ROY... you're still sitting with the #2 or #3 rookie this season and all three look elite.

you just have to ride this out and chill.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by LeafsFan1967 View Post
    Good points all around. I think it's crazy 3 games is his longest pointless drought of the year, speaks to how consistent he's been. Which in-game line shake-ups are you referring to?
    A 3 game point slump is pretty normal, especially for a rookie. I think you're right, and us fantasy owners just got used to seeing him in the box scores. In the game yesterday I noticed a few shake ups, but it mostly looked like they were trying to figure out how to balance things out with Sutter back in the lineup.
    9 Team Dynasty Salary Cap (AAV)
    G 1.5, A 1, PPP 1, SHP 1, +/- 0.5, MmP 0.25/Min, HIT 0.1, GWG 3, BLK 0.25 Gordie Howe Hattricks 10 (Skaters)
    W, L, GA, SHO, SV (Goal)
    Start 12 F 6 D 2 G
    11 Player Bench (Max 2 Bench G)
    15 Player Farm Team

F: Kucherov, Teravainen, Galchenyuk, Johansen, W Nylander, W Karlsson, Gourde, Vrana, Athanasiou, Vatrano, Buchnevich, Haula, Stastny, Puljujarvi, Eberle, Little, Kovalchuk, Kravtsov, Terry, Bertuzzi, Bratt, Kunin, Hintz, Heinen, Kahun, Sikura, Chytil, Iafallo
    D: E Karlsson, Montour, Gardiner, Girard, Faulk, Martinez, Fox, Cernak, Weegar, Pionk, Pilut, Bayreuther
    G: Gibson, Bishop, Raanta, Allen, Talbot, Blackwood, Delia, Husso

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    A 3 game point slump is pretty normal, especially for a rookie. I think you're right, and us fantasy owners just got used to seeing him in the box scores. In the game yesterday I noticed a few shake ups, but it mostly looked like they were trying to figure out how to balance things out with Sutter back in the lineup.
    and Baertchi

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    are you really getting worried about a 1st year player going cold for 7 games? Crosby had a similar streak this year.. just for reference sake. the fact he has 25 SOG in his past 6 games should reassure you he'll snap out, since that's over 4 sog per game - elite. If you're referring to projected goal rate - meaning a pre-season projected stat. throw it out. with 22 in 43, 25 for the season is garbage - you can now expect 30-35 at a min.

I don't know why you're comparing Boeser to Barzal? One has a much better supporting cast to work with. Even if Barzal wins ROY... you're still sitting with the #2 or #3 rookie this season and all three look elite.

you just have to ride this out and chill.
    Not necessarily worried, more just pointing it out I guess. The article I read was just talking about how he's a perimeter player so far, and his goal rate is unsustainable given where he's shooting from. I don't doubt 30-35 this year, just hope he can produce that year to year and he expands his game.

I'm comparing the 2 because they are the leading rookie of the year candidates, and I noticed Barzal had 5 pts the other day. I agree about the supporting cast, and yeah I can't complain about having Boeser.

I will ride this out/chill, haha. Not going to do something drastic, lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolo View Post
    Yeah, absolutely man. I guess just have to keep expectations in check, he is 20. I can understand them trying to balance things out, plus they'll have Horvat coming back soon too.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

The Great One

Ftr- hes still looking dominant and hes making a lot of shot attempts..

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Ftr- hes still looking dominant and hes making a lot of shot attempts..
    For sure, he'll be fine.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Jedi

he's not entirely a perimeter player. tell that to the play last night where he dumped the puck into the corner, chased it down himself and slammed the defender into the boards. he's mainly considered a perimeter player because of his shot. This guy goes along the boards and corners as necessary and battles. Phil Kessel is a perimeter player. Boeser will get dirty.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    he's not entirely a perimeter player. tell that to the play last night where he dumped the puck into the corner, chased it down himself and slammed the defender into the boards. he's mainly considered a perimeter player because of his shot. This guy goes along the boards and corners as necessary and battles. Phil Kessel is a perimeter player. Boeser will get dirty.
    I didn't see the play, and I don't necessarily see him as entirely a perimeter player, just the 1 article caught my attention because it said he's not getting a lot of shots in high danger areas. I know he's listed at 6"1, but he definitely looks more built vs tall on the ice. Like John Klingberg is 6"2, but only like 175 pounds, but he looks lanky. Just a comparison, because Boeser is 1 inch shorter, but heavier. Do you think Boeser will have a better career than Kessel?
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    IR:

1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    Fantrax