Thread: Anthony Beauvillier Long term

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Anthony Beauvillier Long term

Beau had a great game against the Rangers. Well, pretty much all of the Isle players did.

That line of Beau - Barzal - Eberle looks completely dominant and deadly at times.

Since Beau was drafted, have read prognostications all overt he map. Suggestions that he'd be a 3rd line player at best, to being a top line 60+ point player eventually. I really have no clue what to make of him. At times he seems like he'd have a fairly high, but not elite, offensive potential. At other times he does look like a 3rd line player. Inconsistent play, but that's to be expected by a young player like him.

Hopefully the Isles keep that 2nd line together. If they do I kind of think we can expect a great 2nd half of the season from those three the more they play together. Barzal just seems to be turning into an elite or near elite player and Calder frontrunner with Boeser as his main competition. Eberle has had his ups and downs, but the talent was always there and perhaps with Barzal and Beau he's finally found line mates he clicks with. Just curious what others take on him is. Do you think his performance against the NYR is a product of playing with Barzal and Eberle? Or is it a display of what he can really do and the player he could turn into? He was a first round pick, so I would assume he has the pedigree.

So curious about ROS take and long term outlook. Also, does he seem more like a LW or someone who can eventually play Center? If he eventually played center he would have to move to a different line most likely.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Anthony Beauvillier Long term

Also interested to hear opinions about this guy. Seems since Weight became coach he hasn't had the same shine. Being sent down seems to have lit a fire under him for the time being. Top-6 minutes also help.

Dobber Sports Deity

He's still a young kid but has a bright future with the Islanders. Don't worry about it if he gets sent back down a few times over the next year or so. He will find his way eventually. He's just working his way up the chart and that doesn't always happen overnight. I see top six in his future eventually.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Just snatched him off the wire. I wish I could offer a better analysis but I am in the exact boat as the OP - really hoping I have found a gem but really no clue.

The one thing I will add is that is disagree with Dobber that Ladd's contract will cock block him - I think we are in the era where teams cut their losses via buyout versus hold on to dead (though expensive) weight.
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Jedi

A lot of people consider Beauvillier the teams best prospect not named Barzal. And it's not close for 3rd. I think there's 60pt upside there. I've got him stashed in one league with 3yr contracts in the minors. I'm likely holding until season 4 hoping for a massive breakout. The kid's going to be good. It seems everyone can play with Barzal, which bodes really well for the Isles moving forward
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He’s looking great with 9 points in his last 7 games. 4 goals in his last two. He and Barzal were looking like their star players last night vs Arizona (I know, it’s Arizona, but still). All of a sudden a 20-goal or 40-pt season aren’t out of the question.

Dobber Sports Monster

What do you guys think of Beavillier long term now? 60pt upside? more?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've always liked him to become a 30-30 forward with 100+ hits per season. Nothing he did last year changes that expectation for me.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I've always liked him to become a 30-30 forward with 100+ hits per season. Nothing he did last year changes that expectation for me.
    Sweet! I'm deciding between Beauvillier and Theodore in a league that counts A, Blk, FOW, G, Hit, Pim (pims are bad), SOG, FO%, True Shooting%

10 team league 4c, 4lw, 4rw, 6 d, 5 bench. 15 minors.

The Great One

This will be the last one-year draft that he might be undervalued - he's that good and he's only going to do more to get better and get noticed. I'm not saying he'll become a star; that's unlikely. But he has skill and will force the team to play him more and more, perhaps over time eating into Eberle's minutes if he slips.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports All-Star

I see him as a steady 60-70 pt player.

Dobber Sports Deity

I like Beauvillier a lot but starting to wonder where all these young wingers are going to play in a few years. Lee, Bailey, Eberle, Wahlstrom, Bellows, Beauvillier. That's a nice looking top nine but only so much PP ice time for all these guys. Notice I didn't mention Ho-Sang.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I like Beauvillier a lot but starting to wonder where all these young wingers are going to play in a few years. Lee, Bailey, Eberle, Wahlstrom, Bellows, Beauvillier. That's a nice looking top nine but only so much PP ice time for all these guys. Notice I didn't mention Ho-Sang.
    I have to assume that if Tavares leaves some will be dealt off for a new centre, but your point about a potential logjam is well made.
    18 Team Full Keeper. Total points.

Start 10 F, 3 D, 1 UTIL, 1 G

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, PPA, SHG, SHA, W, 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG, .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

Forwards: Backstrom, Barre-Boulet, Beauvillier, Caufield, Dickinson, Donato, Donskoi, Gourde, Greenway, Horvat, Kase, Keller, Kuznetsov, MacKinnon, Marchessault, J. T. Miller, Sikura, Tarasenko, Zegras

Defense: Barrie, Brannstrom, Cholowski, Honka, Matheson, Pulock, Shattenkirk

Goal: Dubnyk, Jarry, Markstrom, Merzlikins

2014-15, 2016-17 MHL Champions!